Sponsored

LOD tire carrier questions

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Guys I need some advise/help. @lodoffroad might be able to assist as well.

So when my tire carrier was set up my tire was out about an inch to an inch and a half and did not touch the carrier at all. It seemed to bounce quite a bit because it was only touching/attached at lug/studs.

I adjusted the carrier part and now it pushes up against the carrier and seems to be way more stable. Is this the correct way? or should it not be touching?

Also should I lower the tire a bit as well and have it close to the bumper?

IMG_4786.jpg

IMG_4788.jpg
Sponsored

KansasJL

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Grey JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
You want that tire as close to the tire carrier as possible to reduce the stress and eliminate any chance of the tire rattling. As far as moving the tire down closer to the bumper that is personal preference.

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
Guys I need some advise/help. @lodoffroad might be able to assist as well.

So when my tire carrier was set up my tire was out about an inch to an inch and a half and did not touch the carrier at all. It seemed to bounce quite a bit because it was only touching/attached at lug/studs.

I adjusted the carrier part and now it pushes up against the carrier and seems to be way more stable. Is this the correct way? or should it not be touching?

Also should I lower the tire a bit as well and have it close to the bumper?

IMG_4786.jpg

IMG_4788.jpg
Yeah your tire should be compressing against the tire carrier at least 1/4" to 1/2", and the back face of your wheel should not be bottomed out against the tire mount plate.

OP
OP

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
You want that tire as close to the tire carrier as possible to reduce the stress and eliminate any chance of the tire rattling. As far as moving the tire down closer to the bumper that is personal preference.
Yeah your tire should be compressing against the tire carrier at least 1/4" to 1/2", and the back face of your wheel should not be bottomed out against the tire mount plate.
Thanks guys. Looks like I did it correct now then. Seems like the tire is WAY more stable now as well back there. I didn't think they had it correct.
Sponsored