LOD sliders with Belly Pans?

Jeepeninutah

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
So looking to see if someone has the LOD sliders installed with a belly pan. I have the Artec belly pan installed and my sliders are set to arrive Thursday. I was watching a install video and starting to question if I will run into a compatibility problem based on how it mounts to the frame.

upload_2018-8-21_23-22-20.jpeg
Sponsored

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I have the LOD sliders and should have the Artec aluminum belly pan in a week or two. I have same question which I did ask Artec about. They figured it should be okay.

OP
OP
Jeepeninutah

Jeepeninutah

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
I have the LOD sliders and should have the Artec aluminum belly pan in a week or two. I have same question which I did ask Artec about. They figured it should be okay.
Did you happen to ask about installation? Did they suggest installing the belly pan over the slider brackets or the brackets over the belly pan?

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I’m curious too. Looking forward to seeing what y’all find out. This is a likely setup for me in the future (I’ll start with the rails first).

Mud2Sno

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Rubicon
This is a question I also have.

Sponsored

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I have those sliders and the Rock Hard 4X4 belly skids. I had issues because they share mounting points on the frame. I had to clearance the main belly skid to clear the sliders and the tank skid I whacked one of the mounting tabs off. It's on and it is solid.

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Here are the overlaps:
LODBelly.jpg

These two mounting places are the are the same ones for the original gas tank skid plate which is removed. However the original gas tank skid plate is only about 1/16" thick so you aren't gaining much. I'm thinking the solution is to bend the two LOD mounting tabs up

OP
OP
Jeepeninutah

Jeepeninutah

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Here are the overlaps:
LODBelly.jpg

These two mounting places are the are the same ones for the original gas tank skid plate which is removed. However the original gas tank skid plate is only about 1/16" thick so you aren't gaining much. I'm thinking the solution is to bend the two LOD mounting tabs up
Wonder of it would be better to loosen the gas pan and put the slider under and get longer bolts. This way the belly pan is still flat.

Never mind not flat in that location. But would be at a different height then the otherside.

Sponsored

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
You aren't bending the tabs on the sliders without some help. They are stout. There is also a mounting position in the front that they will share. Depending on how the side of the bellypan is bent will determine if the sliders can go on top of the skids or under them.

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
You aren't bending the tabs on the sliders without some help. They are stout. There is also a mounting position in the front that they will share. Depending on how the side of the bellypan is bent will determine if the sliders can go on top of the skids or under them.
Well I was planning on using a really long bar :)
I think either the belly pan mount needs to be bent or the LOD mount needs to be bent. Or cut the tabs off the LOD slider and weld them.

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Now that I have studied the photo a little bit, they won't interfere in the front. Just keep in mind that if you change the tab on the sliders, they will not sit parallel to the bottom of the Jeep, and that would look bad. I'm thinking that you could mount the sliders first then put the skids on top without too much fuss. Definitely more coverage with the Rock Hard skids btw.

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Here are the LOD mounts that need to be modified:

IMG_5741.JPG
IMG_5743.JPG
Sponsored