LOD sliders with Belly Pans?

Brad_H

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Rubicon (stock so far)
The Artec belly pan is on! I just need to weld up the cuts to the passenger LOD slider.

The first issue I came across was the gas tank strap. You are supposed to install one of the bolts only a few threads in. The gas tank skid is slotted so that it can slide over the strap and beside the bolt. The problem is you later have to remove that bolt to install the LOD slider. Pull that bolt out and "sprong!" the gas tank strap relaxes and you will never get that bolt back in.

Here is my first thought to resolve that (later I just abandoned that strap altogether):
IMG_5751.JPG

Here is the LOD slider that I cut with a hand held grinder. I then bent it into position. Notice that the aluminum covers part of the nut.
IMG_5758.JPG

Here it is after I ground the aluminum away:
IMG_5759.JPG

Here are a few pics of the Passenger LOD slider ready for welding:
IMG_5761.JPG
IMG_5762.JPG
IMG_5763.JPG
Got my modified LOD slider welded up and back on over the Artec aluminum belly pan!
4F4ABDEC-610D-4D11-8DED-E3DEBAB25C0D.jpeg
10DE233C-A13A-4332-95B8-802E16AB4564.jpeg
The Artec belly pan is on! I just need to weld up the cuts to the passenger LOD slider.

The first issue I came across was the gas tank strap. You are supposed to install one of the bolts only a few threads in. The gas tank skid is slotted so that it can slide over the strap and beside the bolt. The problem is you later have to remove that bolt to install the LOD slider. Pull that bolt out and "sprong!" the gas tank strap relaxes and you will never get that bolt back in.

Here is my first thought to resolve that (later I just abandoned that strap altogether):
IMG_5751.JPG

Here is the LOD slider that I cut with a hand held grinder. I then bent it into position. Notice that the aluminum covers part of the nut.
IMG_5758.JPG

Here it is after I ground the aluminum away:
IMG_5759.JPG

Here are a few pics of the Passenger LOD slider ready for welding:
IMG_5761.JPG
IMG_5762.JPG
IMG_5763.JPG
How did you get the metal to bend? Did you have to heat it up. I’m trying to follow what you did. I made the relief cuts, but I can’t get the metal to bend cold. I went about half way through on the depth for the relief cuts. Did you go deeper? Thank you!
Sponsored

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
How did you get the metal to bend? Did you have to heat it up. I’m trying to follow what you did. I made the relief cuts, but I can’t get the metal to bend cold. I went about half way through on the depth for the relief cuts. Did you go deeper? Thank you!
Big ass hammer or a large crescent wrench. I may have cut through a bit more but I cant remember. I don’t think I heated it although that would help.

Brad_H

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big ass hammer or a large crescent wrench. I may have cut through a bit more but I cant remember. I don’t think I heated it although that would help.
A 24 inch crescent wrench from Harbor freight did the trick! That allowed me to make the bends pretty easily. My 10 inch crescent wrench wouldn’t budge it. Thanks again for all the info!

Rangemaster

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner
Did you happen to ask about installation? Did they suggest installing the belly pan over the slider brackets or the brackets over the belly pan?
I went with the Metal Cloak belly pans and I installed them over the LOD sliders. This allows me to remove the pans easy without removing the sliders.

Jeep Wrangler JL LOD sliders with Belly Pans? 5D9FE3BB-A471-478F-9C6A-03EF3E6CB73C

Brad_H

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went with the Metal Cloak belly pans and I installed them over the LOD sliders. This allows me to remove the pans easy without removing the sliders.

Jeep Wrangler JL LOD sliders with Belly Pans? 5D9FE3BB-A471-478F-9C6A-03EF3E6CB73C
Looks AWESOME!! The only 2 bolts that interfere on LOD Destroyer / Artec Aluminum Full Bellypan skid plate setup are on the gas tank skid. Hopefully, that one is not coming off any time too soon!
Sponsored