LOD Signature Series Sliders Question….

Revs2ninegrand

First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
So I’m deathly afraid of the body mount bolts and the issues they can cause if snapped. I ordered the LOD’s because I didn’t think I’d have to mess with them. Upon further review, I see a few posts saying that I may have to loosen them in order for the bracket to fit. Wondering what your experience has been on install? Am I worrying over nothing?
Advertisement

Murph-NH

First Name
Kevin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Hopefully you have them on by now but if not they changed them a bit. In the past you had to fit the large frame washer through a round hole. The way mine came earlier this year is more like ears not a circle so I was able to slide them up and over the washer without issue. Regardless even with the old design if you had two guys and a bit of time you can try different angles and get them on without touching the frame bolts. Good luck

Jeepin_Donnie

First Name
Donnie
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
So I’m deathly afraid of the body mount bolts and the issues they can cause if snapped. I ordered the LOD’s because I didn’t think I’d have to mess with them. Upon further review, I see a few posts saying that I may have to loosen them in order for the bracket to fit. Wondering what your experience has been on install? Am I worrying over nothing?
I had no issues!

TxJeepers

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Mine went on easy peasy, no body bolt loosening required.

As a side note, these things are SOLID. I wheel in rocks and have used them a number of times. Based on this, many of the screws provided to secure the beauty plates along the side are toast. Time to do some rust/paint touchup on the sliders and need to get the plates off. Had to use a dremel to knotch them enough to get a screwdriver to unscrew. The plates aren't going back on and hindsight, I would of left them off to begin with.

Capture.JPG

Advertisement

Stinger Off-Road

Advertisement