LoD signature series side steps

Outwest970

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
In case you haven't seen it, Wayoflife did a nice write up and installation video for their LOD signature sliders, check it out here! He ended up painting the pinch seam, and I agree, it looks a lot nicer with this install.

Oh, and mine are supposed to arrive today -- now I just need a JL to go with them, d'oh!

JL Sliders.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP

Bill G

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Unlimited Sport JL
Will brake/carburetor cleaner or ether remove the spray foam? Those all dissolve most foams fairly easily.
Tried it, that foam/ residue is crazy stubborn. I’ll sand the rest off and just spray some 2Part on it for longevity.

OP
OP

Bill G

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Unlimited Sport JL
In case you haven't seen it, Wayoflife did a nice write up and installation video for their LOD signature sliders, check it out here! He ended up painting the pinch seam, and I agree, it looks a lot nicer with this install.

Oh, and mine are supposed to arrive today -- now I just need a JL to go with them, d'oh!

JL Sliders.jpg
Great video, wish I’d of seen that last week...

Jeepin_Donnie

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 23 Wildtrak Bronco w/Sasquatch package
Occupation
Benefits Manager
Damn, sorry you guys had terrible luck with the spray foam. I had these sliders on my JK and now on my JL. They are the perfect step and rock sliders! I drilled the additional hole on the passenger side front. I recommend doing exactly what Eddie did on the JLWrangler video. Using the step drill bit with the cutting oil works perfectly. It cuts through the frame very quickly. And the hole is actually large enough for the bolt. There's no need to 9/16 drill bit on the inside hole. I used it on the outside hole so I had a little wiggle room to line up with the inside hole in case it wasn't lined up perfectly. We measured several times and fortunately the holes lined up perfectly.

For anyone who wants to purchase these sliders, here's how to receive free shipping plus a 7.5% discount on the cost. If you do not have an profile on Wrangler Forum .com, create one, then call Quadratec to order the sliders. Tell them you're a Wrangler Forum member and you'll get the free FedEx shipping and 7.5% off!

IMG_1675.jpg

IMG_1676.jpg

IMG_1677.jpg

Last edited:

Outwest970

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
My LOD sliders arrived today and packaging was perfect (no contact with the spray foam). Can't wait to get my JL and get these installed - yes they're beefy, yes they're heavy!

Sponsored

Outwest970

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
For anyone who's installed these (or other sliders) - were there holes left in the pinch seam? If so, did you use any hole plug to plug them (and if so, what size are the holes/plugs needed)?

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
For anyone who's installed these (or other sliders) - were there holes left in the pinch seam? If so, did you use any hole plug to plug them (and if so, what size are the holes/plugs needed)?
Yes, there are holes in the pinch seam on all trim levels, no I didn't plug them. [Banned Site] painted their pinch seam black and I actually like that a lot. Not enough to unbolt them and mask it off, but it looks very good.

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JLUR
I ordered mine from LOD. Put them on by myself which was a balancing act with my knee, foot, and hands. It literally took me longer to get them out of the packaging than it did to install them. The install was a breeze on my Rubicon. I didn't drill the extra hole either, seemed plenty sturdy enough without.

jaydub

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes C63AMG, Wrangler JL
I installed them on my white Rubicon. Instead of painting the pinch seam, I lined it with grip tape (the same kind you'd use on stairs). It renders the pinch seam invisible, and covers the holes. It was cheap, and is reversible.

jhonn236_AZ

First Name
Jhonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sting Gray Rubicon
I installed mine as well - no issues with packaging. However - one of my bottom plates (the center one, on the driver's side) is bend a little bit, but enough to maybe get stuck on a rock and bend even more.

I contacted them and the reply was - "you can just straighten the panel by hand. We do it to every panel after we dimple them."

I guess I'll try that this weekend.

Sponsored

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
I hate digging up year old threads, but can someone with a light colored Jeep (white or silver) take a clean, focused, and bright picture directly from the side? I know it seems like a really specific request, but it seems like everyone always tries to take cool pictures or from weird angles where you can't actually see the entire jeep or product. (This goes for a lot of things on here, bumpers, carriers, wheels, etc) The request for a light colored Jeep is just there is something to contrast the black sliders. Hard to see black on black. Even LODs website has a picture from every angle but straight on from the side.

Jeepin_Donnie

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Benefits Manager
I installed mine as well - no issues with packaging. However - one of my bottom plates (the center one, on the driver's side) is bend a little bit, but enough to maybe get stuck on a rock and bend even more.

I contacted them and the reply was - "you can just straighten the panel by hand. We do it to every panel after we dimple them."

I guess I'll try that this weekend.
I had to bend one a little myself. It's no issue. They're really solid.

Jeepin_Donnie

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Benefits Manager
I hate digging up year old threads, but can someone with a light colored Jeep (white or silver) take a clean, focused, and bright picture directly from the side? I know it seems like a really specific request, but it seems like everyone always tries to take cool pictures or from weird angles where you can't actually see the entire jeep or product. (This goes for a lot of things on here, bumpers, carriers, wheels, etc) The request for a light colored Jeep is just there is something to contrast the black sliders. Hard to see black on black. Even LODs website has a picture from every angle but straight on from the side.
Check out this guy's post, maybe it will help. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...l-signature-series-4-door-rock-sliders.26177/

jhonn236_AZ

First Name
Jhonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sting Gray Rubicon
This pic has everything you want! it's a focused and bright picture - and not to mention CLEAN. Actually the cleanest you could possibly ask for, lol.

20190930_175906.jpg
Sponsored