LoD signature series side steps

Bill G

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Unlimited Sport JL
Finally received my LoD side steps ordered through Quadratec. First thing, they took over a month to get here, second thing, I don’t think they engineered the passenger side to account for mounting the aft two frame brackets on top of the skid plate. It took quite a bit of muscling to get it to mount and align, had to loosen the middle body isolator to get clearance. Passenger side took over an hour, driver side took fifteen minutes. Lastly, when LoD prepped them for shipping, they wrapped the bars in plastic, then filled the box with spray foam, BUT they didn’t ensure the plastic was sealed, so now I’ve been trying to get the spray foam off the powder coating, which is next to impossible. Joy...

68B2157E-52E8-44DB-AEED-13032330423B.jpeg

9599F10E-3024-4370-99A4-F7A15985EDD4.jpeg

6112E55C-E9CB-49A5-A961-711B59B1485F.jpeg

7C141576-D74F-4587-BBFC-C6989417366F.jpeg
Sponsored

Rubiconnoisseur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 JKU Sport, 2018 JlU Sport, 2018 JLU Rubicon
Use a plastic putty knife and acetone. May take a few applications but will work

Outwest970

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Thanks for the info and pics, I have a set on order, have been told by retailer it'll take 2 weeks to get them, we'll see. I hope that the foam didn't overspray in mine.

Did you drill the extra bolt hole on the passenger side?

OP
OP

Bill G

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve tried acetone, goo off, lift off, WD40. Most of it’s gone, but I’m thinking it’ll require sanding and paint to get completely clean.

I haven’t drilled it yet, still have the bolt, but I think I’ll need a 90 degree drill to have clearance.

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Curious why you didn’t return them. You’re talking about re-painting and re-drilling rather than re-turning.

We as consumers have got to hold these internet sellers to a higher standard than this.. No?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Bill G

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The drilling is a requirement for the passenger side fwd mount bolt, which is optional. I agree with you on the repaint piece though, I just figured, it’s a Jeep, I’m just going to scratch them up anyway. Obviously I would prefer to not paint them, but trying to get those things back in the box and send them back would likely of been a bigger headache than just getting some two-part expoxy and shooting that small area.

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I didn't have any issues when I installed mine. I didn't drill the optional hole because of clearance issues too. Its plenty strong without it.

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I had spray foam on mine too. I ended up using sand paper and repainting that area. Fortunately it was on the bottom.

DToxic

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
how wide is the step? could you measure it? Debating between these and the ace engineering ones that retain the rubi rails...those stick out 3.5" or so

LabRat

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite JLUR, 2017 Indian Springfield
Do these keep rocks from hitting the door hinges and sides of your jeep? It looks like the LoD destroyer rails are further delayed. I like the Roam steps because they meet up so well with the front fender. I was hoping to get the LoD Destroyer rails since they look similar to the Roam and are frame mounted. If the Signature Series offer good thrown rock protection from the front tires I may go with these. They look cool.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Bill G

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
how wide is the step? could you measure it? Debating between these and the ace engineering ones that retain the rubi rails...those stick out 3.5" or so
Depends how you measure. If you use a speed square and use the door/tub as your zero, they stick out 2.75”, from the under tub where the Rubi rails mount, it’s 5.75”.

I like them, they feel very sturdy, were the only ones I found (with that look) that had both tub and frame mounting points and didn’t mess with the isolator bolts other than the minor adjustment I had to make. I read a few posts where the isolator mount bolts were the main mounting point and just impossible to get on without cutting holes due to the nut dislodging in the inner frame.

Of note, the under body strip (the one with the holes in it) looks a bit odd, unfinished/ something missing. Hopefully they come out with a trim piece to cover that up.

OP
OP

Bill G

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do these keep rocks from hitting the door hinges and sides of your jeep? It looks like the LoD destroyer rails are further delayed. I like the Roam steps because they meet up so well with the front fender. I was hoping to get the LoD Destroyer rails since they look similar to the Roam and are frame mounted. If the Signature Series offer good thrown rock protection from the front tires I may go with these. They look cool.
I’m not sure if they’ll keep rocks off the hinges, but they stick out 2.75” from the tub, so should provide good side clearance.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Will brake/carburetor cleaner or ether remove the spray foam? Those all dissolve most foams fairly easily.

lsp408

First Name
Li
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUS
If you need to drill hole through frame on passenger front, do it from the inside of the frame. As long as you measure 20 times and drill once. I used Milwaukee cordless with 1/2” chuck.

There are plenty of room on the inside. Just make sure exhaust is cool to touch.

DToxic

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Depends how you measure. If you use a speed square and use the door/tub as your zero, they stick out 2.75”, from the under tub where the Rubi rails mount, it’s 5.75”.

I like them, they feel very sturdy, were the only ones I found (with that look) that had both tub and frame mounting points and didn’t mess with the isolator bolts other than the minor adjustment I had to make. I read a few posts where the isolator mount bolts were the main mounting point and just impossible to get on without cutting holes due to the nut dislodging in the inner frame.

Of note, the under body strip (the one with the holes in it) looks a bit odd, unfinished/ something missing. Hopefully they come out with a trim piece to cover that up.
Someone on the forum painted the pinch seam black and it looks a lot better. If I go with the LODs, I’ll do the same!
Sponsored

Last edited: