LOD Signature series rock sliders

Bingman

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willy’s
Had some trouble installing the signature series sliders today. Drivers side went on perfectly fine with no issues whatsoever. When I got the passenger side up and over the body mount washers, I noticed the center mount of the slider sits about 1/4-1/2” away from the frame, while the other two mounts are sitting flush against the frame. Because of this, the he two bolt holes don’t line up either. Anybody have this problem before?

32E87322-3EE0-439B-A620-7C6CCED149CA.png

95D777EB-B5A8-4B49-9828-7DDCB0D43C6C.png
Sponsored

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
I had the same issue. I ended up drilling the hole out a bit and that worked. It mentions in the instructions that the welds on the frame can cause that but I ground that down a bit and it didn’t help. So like I said, I just drilled it out a tad and that worked for me.

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
Had some trouble installing the signature series sliders today. Drivers side went on perfectly fine with no issues whatsoever. When I got the passenger side up and over the body mount washers, I noticed the center mount of the slider sits about 1/4-1/2” away from the frame, while the other two mounts are sitting flush against the frame. Because of this, the he two bolt holes don’t line up either. Anybody have this problem before?

Jeep Wrangler JL LOD Signature series rock sliders 95D777EB-B5A8-4B49-9828-7DDCB0D43C6C

Jeep Wrangler JL LOD Signature series rock sliders 95D777EB-B5A8-4B49-9828-7DDCB0D43C6C
You can try putting a C-clamp on the frame to mount to see if you can pull it in that last little bit.

OP
OP
Bingman

Bingman

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willy’s
Awesome, thanks a lot for the suggestions. Gonna give it another try today. Elongating the holes was going to be my next crack at it so I’m glad it worked out for you.

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome, thanks a lot for the suggestions. Gonna give it another try today. Elongating the holes was going to be my next crack at it so I’m glad it worked out for you.
Yeah not ideal and I was hesitant at first but these things are built so well I wasn’t worried about it. Good luck with the rest of the install.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bingman

Bingman

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willy’s
Yeah not ideal and I was hesitant at first but these things are built so well I wasn’t worried about it. Good luck with the rest of the install.
Much appreciated. I was gonna try and elongate them with a regular battery powered drill but knew that was going to be a pain. My uncle works at a machine shop, so he is going to do it for me when he gets a free minute. Hopefully I get it back soon and can finish the install. What did you use to elongate them? I’m hoping once the bolt holes line up I can use LOD’s recommendation from above and c-clamp it tight against the frame to bolt on.

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Much appreciated. I was gonna try and elongate them with a regular battery powered drill but knew that was going to be a pain. My uncle works at a machine shop, so he is going to do it for me when he gets a free minute. Hopefully I get it back soon and can finish the install. What did you use to elongate them? I’m hoping once the bolt holes line up I can use LOD’s recommendation from above and c-clamp it tight against the frame to bolt on.
I used a Dremel tool with a cone grinding stone I think it was. Took a few minutes but it honed it out fairly quick. I had to do it a few times though as the first time, I didn’t do enough.
Sponsored