Sponsored

LOD Signature Series rock sliders fitment issue.

Jeepin_Donnie

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 23 Wildtrak Bronco w/Sasquatch package
Occupation
Benefits Manager
Could also drill out that hole on the slider...
Like you suggested, if a ratchet strap doesn't work, I'd drill it out, rattle can it, and be done with it.
Sponsored

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
X2 on drill it out. You were supposed to drill the frame on the pass side to install the cross bolt.

Machete-LC

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLUR, 2015 Ram Power Wagon
I agree with drilling it out or using a Dremel to open it up a bit. In addition, you should have another hole behind that one and a self tapping bolt to secure it even more if you do really hard wheeling.

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
Make it work. Thatā€™s way better fitment than some other supposedly high-end aftermarket parts. Seriously, I wouldnā€™t have even given it a second thought, file the hole a bit and send it home.

OP
OP
fxceptioN

fxceptioN

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

So LOD Requested I send back the drivers side rock slider, a few weeks later I receive the replacement. This was the replacement received (photo's below). LOD asked I try and bend the plate flat and attempt to put it on. Am I in the wrong for refusing to do so? I just don't want to have to deal with potentially ruining the plate, or making it worse as It is a bolt on. Anyways, after sending photos to Northridge4x4 and requesting an additional replacement, LOD's reply is below.

"Unfortunately we are not going to be able to send another rockslider out to this customer. He can attempt to correct the bend himself or we can bring all of it back to us and cancel the order for a refund.
Please let us know how you want to proceed."

So now I am requesting a return, and will be purchasing the same LOD set from Northridge4x4. I'd love to hear other peoples thoughts or opinions on this. Was in the wrong for not attempting to correct the issue my self by modifying the hole on the previous set, or actually attempting to flatten the plate on the replacement they sent. I have nothing against LOD, their product is solid, I've just had bad luck with shipping it looks like, and seems like LOD is annoyed dealing with all of this.

Jeep Wrangler JL LOD Signature Series rock sliders fitment issue. 1656134868187

Jeep Wrangler JL LOD Signature Series rock sliders fitment issue. 1656134879208

Sponsored

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
Since you asked, yes in my opinion, you are wrong. Put the darn thing on and be done with it. As I already stated, I wouldnā€™t have even sent the first one back. Seriously, spend 30 seconds with a crescent wrench and/or a hammer. Or another 30 days with returns, emails, phone calls, shipping, refunds, etc... Really, itā€™s time to move on.

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
LOD has THE BEST packaging, bar none, that I have ever received in the industry. If stuff like this bothers you, just start paying a shop to do everything so that you donā€™t have to know about all of this kind of thing that happens with like every product ever. You wonā€™t ā€œcompromise the plateā€ in any way. I have beat the ever living crap out of a set of these on my JK and my current set is on itā€™s second JL now. That ā€œplateā€œ is fully backed by the frame and will never budge once installed.

Iā€™ve slammed my entire 6000 pound beast on multiple rocks, pivoted around multiple rocks in Moab, rubbed on many trees in the PNW, drug them through the Rubicon with my whole family and the jeep weighing 7000lbs (touching bumpstops in my driveway before I left). Theyā€™ve never wavered.

OP
OP
fxceptioN

fxceptioN

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Since you asked, yes in my opinion, you are wrong. Put the darn thing on and be done with it. As I already stated, I wouldnā€™t have even sent the first one back. Seriously, spend 30 seconds with a crescent wrench and/or a hammer. Or another 30 days with returns, emails, phone calls, shipping, refunds, etc... Really, itā€™s time to move on.
LOD has THE BEST packaging, bar none, that I have ever received in the industry. If stuff like this bothers you, just start paying a shop to do everything so that you donā€™t have to know about all of this kind of thing that happens with like every product ever. You wonā€™t ā€œcompromise the plateā€ in any way. I have beat the ever living crap out of a set of these on my JK and my current set is on itā€™s second JL now. That ā€œplateā€œ is fully backed by the frame and will never budge once installed.

Iā€™ve slammed my entire 6000 pound beast on multiple rocks, pivoted around multiple rocks in Moab, rubbed on many trees in the PNW, drug them through the Rubicon with my whole family and the jeep weighing 7000lbs (touching bumpstops in my driveway before I left). Theyā€™ve never wavered.
Appreciate the replies. If it's not too late and they haven't scheduled for pickup, which I will find out tomorrow. I will have a go at it and see if I can flatten it.

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
Iā€™d probably lay them upside down on a blanket with a chunk of wood, like a 4ā€x4ā€ or something under the bent tab and wack it with a 2lb sledge hammer. Once itā€™s close enough to get the bolts started, it would likely suck itself down flat the rest of the way as you install it. (Unless thatā€™s the hole that you drill and use the self tapping bolts on, I probably wouldnā€˜t pull it flat with that one) You may have to touch it up with some spray paint, but thatā€™s what sliders are for, to take the hits and scratches. Iā€™ve sprayed mine with a rattle can so many times.

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
I snagged some pics of the abuse Iā€™ve put mine through. Body of Jeep is flawless, they are doing their job well.
Jeep Wrangler JL LOD Signature Series rock sliders fitment issue. 483C2E54-6E66-4B44-AE19-DE80A3B87FD4
Jeep Wrangler JL LOD Signature Series rock sliders fitment issue. A4BEFB13-0030-4E03-8C1A-5177A8F53AAD
Jeep Wrangler JL LOD Signature Series rock sliders fitment issue. 70F05A4A-B91A-4C1A-A9BA-26E0DB73481F
Jeep Wrangler JL LOD Signature Series rock sliders fitment issue. 6C84ED8C-128E-4CB5-9AB4-FD1FBFE703DD
Jeep Wrangler JL LOD Signature Series rock sliders fitment issue. 9F196D28-1155-44D5-9F6C-4CB149C1FCA4
Sponsored