Sponsored

LOD Signature Series rock sliders fitment issue.

fxceptioN

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

So, I finally received my rock sliders back on the 21st, opened up the box and inspected everything and seems like I all of the items according to the parts list. I managed to get the passenger side on installed and all is well. When I get to the drivers side, all bolts fit except for one. the one furthest back. Already sent an email to Northridge4x4, they emailed LOD yesterday, and today with no response they followed up again. Should I request a return for exchange of a new set or ask for a refund and get something else? I really like these. I'm just bummed. :(:(:(:(

Jeep Wrangler JL LOD Signature Series rock sliders fitment issue. 1651206683142
Sponsored

firedude

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 392 Stingray
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired firefighter
Were all of the mounting bolts loose when you got to this one? If loosening and shifting around did not work I would just open the hole slightly.

OP
OP
fxceptioN

fxceptioN

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Were all of the mounting bolts loose when you got to this one? If loosening and shifting around did not work I would just open the hole slightly.
I've tried that and it didn't work. Wouldn't widening the hole on the bracket on the rock slider affect strength of the sliders?

firedude

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired firefighter
That small amount should not make any difference. Theres a lot of beef there.

firedude

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired firefighter
Does everything line up and look straight except for that hole?

Sponsored

OP
OP
fxceptioN

fxceptioN

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Does everything line up and look straight except for that hole?
From the looks of it when I installed them they looked straight. The holes on the frame were dead even except for that one in the photo, It got too late and my back got sore. I kept both sliders on, until I hear back from the vendor. Don't think that one bolt missing will affect stability, not stepping on them or going off-road until this is resolved. I'll take some detailed pictures tomorrow and post them.

firedude

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired firefighter
Maybe also call LOD direct and talk to them about it. Have read they have good customer service.

OP
OP
fxceptioN

fxceptioN

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Maybe also call LOD direct and talk to them about it. Have read they have good customer service.
I should probably call. When I initially emailed Northridge4x4 I also CC'd LOD support, and they haven't replied. Northridge reached out twice now. I'll see what happens tomorrow, if no updates I'll call.

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
So, I finally received my rock sliders back on the 21st, opened up the box and inspected everything and seems like I all of the items according to the parts list. I managed to get the passenger side on installed and all is well. When I get to the drivers side, all bolts fit except for one. the one furthest back. Already sent an email to Northridge4x4, they emailed LOD yesterday, and today with no response they followed up again. Should I request a return for exchange of a new set or ask for a refund and get something else? I really like these. I'm just bummed. :(:(:(:(

Jeep Wrangler JL LOD Signature Series rock sliders fitment issue. 1651206683142
fxceptioN,
Thats a bummer, its so close! I would try loosening all the mounting bolts on that slider and then put a C-clamp from the that rear slider mount to the body mount. It shouldnt take much to pull that mount enough to get the bolt in. Give it a shot, and if that doesn't work feel free to give us a call!

Sponsored

Jeepin_Donnie

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 23 Wildtrak Bronco w/Sasquatch package
Occupation
Benefits Manager
fxceptioN,
Thats a bummer, its so close! I would try loosening all the mounting bolts on that slider and then put a C-clamp from the that rear slider mount to the body mount. It shouldnt take much to pull that mount enough to get the bolt in. Give it a shot, and if that doesn't work feel free to give us a call!
This should work!

BTW you won't be disappointed with LoD Signature Sliders! They are SOLID! I have "used" mine a lot playing in the rocks. I had them on my JK and now on my JL. They also provide a great step for vertically challenged Jeepers like myself and my wife! :LOL: :jk: :rock:

OP
OP
fxceptioN

fxceptioN

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

fxceptioN,
I just tried this and it did not work. See photos attached. I also took photos of the sides of the bracket on the slider. The way the bracket is, it won't allow play, which isn't allowing the bolt to go in, or at least that's what I'm assuming is the case.

Jeep Wrangler JL LOD Signature Series rock sliders fitment issue. 1651445364714

Jeep Wrangler JL LOD Signature Series rock sliders fitment issue. 1651445373637

Jeep Wrangler JL LOD Signature Series rock sliders fitment issue. 1651445384776

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
Could get a ratchet strap or c-clamp and try pulling it to the left?