First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
i've been looking at the signature series full width bumper w /bull bar and do like the look of it. it memics the look of the classic arb bumper but in a lighter weight and price. and theres a sale going on now. so i have a few questions and want to see what you guys think and have to offer.

on a couple of sites the weights varies from 92 to 120#. lod website lists it as 92#. my question is which is it and or what am i missing.

i know that the skid plate is sold separate and wanted to know if i can get away without it for a while. or just get it. the concern is not making the bumper too big looking on a stock 2 door jl running stock size tires. i'm not looking to replace the tires until the factory one wears out. then at that time i'll replace them with 32s. maybe 33. i have to keep in mind, its my daily driver.

along with the bumper, i would consider in getting the warn evo 10s winch with synthetic line. and install it all at the same time. however i could hold off on the winch. my understanding that i can drop in the winch with the bumper installed. as for the winch, is this model considered as a base model / regular winch or a power pack winch. the bumper requires what winch you are running. whats the different between the two, because i'm drawing a blank on the 2 types.

as for the weight. i'm looking in keeping things light weight and strong since its going on a stock 2 door jl sport. no lift, larger tire, etc. for now. keep in mind, its my daily driver..
if i went with a arb classic at 190# and winch at 70#. that 250#. i think its too heavy for the jl. now if i go with the lod bumper at 92# and winch at 70#. that 140# which i think better to hang off the front of the jl. with the second set up, how much "sag" / drop could i see on the front with stock springs. and is it going to be noticeable.

tuffy make the flip up l plate. that should work on this bumper. it fits between the bumper and hause. and clears the hook for a nice clean look. ny req a front l plate.

as for the mpg (i know. i know) there shouldnt be much of a drop. like 1 or 2 mpg.

if anyone have any pics of your stock jl 2 or 4 door sport. please post them up so i can see how it looks (since most pics i've seen are modded) it doesnt have to be that particular bumper but somewhat in the ball park. just want to see how it looks on a stock jl. it can have a winch or not.

thanks for any info.
Sponsored

scrape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat
92 pounds is probably the base bumper without any extras like a bar and skid. Plus LoD packs their products with 17 cubic yards of spray foam so the shipping weight will be higher than the product weight.

You have a sport so a skid plate is completely pointless. Get it without the skid plate and I would also cut off the skid plate frame horns flush with the bottom of the bumper so you don’t have ugly useless crap hanging down. These things if you don't know what I'm talking about.

Whether you can install a winch without removing the bumper depends on how big the winch is. A VR evo will be easier than a Zeon. But you'll have to see and find out. And I don't know what you mean by a power pack winch. All winches have control packs. Do you mean power plant winch? Those are massive winches that have an integrated air compressor and in most cases require modifications to fit.

Then as far as sag, it shouldn't be much, maybe 1/2". If you happen to weigh somewhere around 175-200lbs just go sit on the stock front bumper and have somebody measure the sag. You can compensate for sag with coil spacers, cheap, easy to install, and do not require any other suspension mods.

And I doubt you will see any change in mpg that couldn't be attributed to outside variables. I think aerodynamics would make a bigger difference than the weight.

OP
OP
cosine

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
92 pounds is probably the base bumper without any extras like a bar and skid.
ok so with the bumper, bull bar, and skid plate would weigh in a little over 100#. thats not bad weight wise.

sport so a skid plate is completely pointless.
any particular reason.

Do you mean power plant winch
yes. sorry for the miss wording. so the vr evo 10s is a non power plant model winch.

as far as sag, it shouldn't be much, maybe 1/2".
that i can deal with and at that point i wouldnt bother with the spacers. maybe down the road, i would do it to clear larger tires, if i go in that direction. even if i swap out the coils.

thanks for the info.

scrape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat
any particular reason.
There's nothing under there. Skid plates are for rubicons to protect the sway bar motor. You can see it in the middle, in the picture I linked.

so the vr evo 10s is a non power plant model winch.
Correct. The only power plant winch is called a power plant.

Dan S

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Sahara
Occupation
Elevator Mechanic Apprentice
Signature full width with Warn Zeon 10S, before the AAL fender chop.

IMG_20190925_165055961_HDR.jpg

Sponsored

Gatorhead96

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jlu
If I recall correctly the winch plates are standard and warn zeon. I installed my smittybuilt gen 3 after the bumper install. Winch plate came with bumper. And as a side note open the box from the bottom, it makes it easier to dig out the bumper.

OP
OP
cosine

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
Signature full width with Warn Zeon 10S, before the AAL fender chop.

IMG_20190925_165055961_HDR.jpg
looks good. did you have any issue during the install. also, was there much sag in the front end.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
For what it's worth, I have the LOD Signature mid-width front bumper with bull bar and Zeon cut-out on my JLU Sport S. I have rubi take-off suspension.

I remember being concerned about the weight, as well. From the research I did, it didn't come out to 100 pounds. It was somewhere in the 80-90ish range.

I DO have a bit of sag in the front. Not especially noticeable. The kind of thing you're only gonna see when you're parked perfectly flat and you're really looking at it, you know? Nothing that affects approach angle or anything like that.

That being said, I don't have a winch installed yet (mostly because of money reasons many of us are feeling right now), and that puppy is gonna create a lot more weight.

The bumper looks great, I've had it for over a year, but I MAY be looking to switch to something lighter (probably aluminum) after another couple years. I don't know, we'll see.

OP
OP
cosine

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
i was looking at the mid width style, which has a smooth look to it. i'm in favor of the full width bumper. i might keep exploring other options, but keeping this on on top of my list.

Sponsored

TJP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
37” percent on 2.5” RK

8FC92C65-3A8B-4E3A-9A0C-9AF7AB483731.jpeg

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
@TJP

Looks awesome, man.

Question: When I ordered my signature mid-width last year, I got it with the Warn winch slot. At the time, I'm pretty sure they listed it as Warn Zeon. Any idea if that means it will literally only fit a Zeon winch? I'm new to the winch game, so I have no idea.

I checked LOD's website and the option is now listed as Warn PowerPlant.

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
@TJP

Looks awesome, man.

Question: When I ordered my signature mid-width last year, I got it with the Warn winch slot. At the time, I'm pretty sure they listed it as Warn Zeon. Any idea if that means it will literally only fit a Zeon winch? I'm new to the winch game, so I have no idea.

I checked LOD's website and the option is now listed as Warn PowerPlant.
Hello Rallydefault,
If you installed our "Zeon" Signature bumper, you will be able to fit almost all 12k winches, except for the Power Plant. We have since changed our descriptions so that our standard bumper is the old Zeon optiom... The Power Plant option is strictly for running a Power Plant winch. I know, confusing right! :)

Dan S

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Sahara
Occupation
Elevator Mechanic Apprentice
looks good. did you have any issue during the install. also, was there much sag in the front end.
I replaced front and rear at the same time, so a bit of drop everywhere. I installed Rubicon take off suspension a few weeks later and it gave me back my height plus an extra 3/4-1".
Sponsored