Sponsored

LoD Signature Series bumper and Tow bar Set up

blackrock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Bright White
First post here but thought this might be helpful to someone out there. In a few weeks my wife and I are taking our kids (2&4 years old) on a month long RV trip. We are renting the motor home but wanted to bring our jeep along with us to add to the adventure. Finding a safe solution to tow the jeep that allowed for an aftermarket bumper was a challenge. I did not want to add a blue ox base plate because it would limit my aftermarket bumper options in the future (Originally I had been waiting for the AEV JL bumpers to be released but who knows when that will be at this point). When I stumbled across the LoD bumper with frame tie ins and blue ox adapters I knew this was the answer. Had a shop install the bumper/winch, along with an invisibrake control system for towing the jeep. Everything came together really well and I cant wait to hit the road. I am so happy with the LoD bumper I plan to add the rear bumper to match when I get back from the trip. Hoping to go with a 2" AEV spacer lift and 35s eventually. Does anyone have any experience towing a jeep that has been lifted?

IMG_0079.jpeg

IMG_0076.jpeg

IMG_0074.jpeg

IMG_0092.jpeg

IMG_0081.jpeg

IMG_0087.jpeg

IMG_0085.jpeg

IMG_0084.jpeg

IMG_0083.jpeg

IMG_0082.jpeg
Sponsored

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
First post here but thought this might be helpful to someone out there. In a few weeks my wife and I are taking our kids (2&4 years old) on a month long RV trip. We are renting the motor home but wanted to bring our jeep along with us to add to the adventure. Finding a safe solution to tow the jeep that allowed for an aftermarket bumper was a challenge. I did not want to add a blue ox base plate because it would limit my aftermarket bumper options in the future (Originally I had been waiting for the AEV JL bumpers to be released but who knows when that will be at this point). When I stumbled across the LoD bumper with frame tie ins and blue ox adapters I knew this was the answer. Had a shop install the bumper/winch, along with an invisibrake control system for towing the jeep. Everything came together really well and I cant wait to hit the road. I am so happy with the LoD bumper I plan to add the rear bumper to match when I get back from the trip. Hoping to go with a 2" AEV spacer lift and 35s eventually. Does anyone have any experience towing a jeep that has been lifted?

Jeep Wrangler JL LoD Signature Series bumper and Tow bar Set up IMG_0082

Nice looking Jeep and glad you like the bumper!

shadyInCA

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model S, Toyota MR2 Spyder, Kia Sorrento, Newmar Baystar Sport
How will you hook up the brake monitor in the RV? My Invisibrake is a few years old now, and the monitor (LED and Beeper) is hard wired in the RV dashboard, however, I did see something recently than leads me to believe there is a wireless monitor available now. Is that what you have?

OP
OP
blackrock

blackrock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Bright White
Because I am renting the RV I’m not going to use the monitor light. Everything else will work as it should, I saved the light & wires to use if we end up buying an RV after this trip. I figured I should be able to get through the trip without the monitor light.

EDMURSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Bright White 6spd, 2016 Ford F350 6.7
Thanks for posting these pictures of your set up. I have a bright white JLUR on order and should be picking it up in the next couple weeks. I am planning to flat to it behind my truck camper. Just received my LoD Signature full width bumper and rock sliders which are sitting in my garage now. I too went with LoD because of the frame tie in brackets. It looks like the winch and bumper caused to front end to sag a bit, any chance you measured the height before and after the install? I'm thinking of a Teraflex 1.5 spacer lift to level things out. The AEV kit looks nice too. I would be interested to see some pictures of your rig once you install the spacers. Looks great!

Sponsored

OP
OP
blackrock

blackrock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Bright White
I didn’t get a chance to measure it but I don’t think it dropped it more than 1/2”. Great choice in Jeep! What top did you order? I got the sky one touch and it has been super convenient for the way I use it. (2 young kids and limited garage space to store a hardtop)

EDMURSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Bright White 6spd, 2016 Ford F350 6.7
I didn’t get a chance to measure it but I don’t think it dropped it more than 1/2”. Great choice in Jeep! What top did you order? I got the sky one touch and it has been super convenient for the way I use it. (2 young kids and limited garage space to store a hardtop)
I'm glad to hear the bumper and winch didn't drop your front end too much. We just went with the black three piece hard top. I bet your kids love riding in your jeep with the sky one touch!
Sponsored