LOD Rock Sliders and Metalcloak Skids

gwl

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sport S
I am considering LOD rock sliders and Metalcloak skids for a JLUR. I am wondering if there are any installation problems with this combination caused by using the same mounting points or overlapping. Does anybody have this combination on their JLU ?

Advertisement

AdventureDad2000

First Name
Kevin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I am considering LOD rock sliders and Metalcloak skids for a JLUR. I am wondering if there are any installation problems with this combination caused by using the same mounting points or overlapping. Does anybody have this combination on their JLU ?
I have that combo and there is some overlap, but nothing to hinder installation. Very happy with both!! With the LOD sliders, I would recommend picking up some more heavy-duty washers.

IMG_20190802_123216.jpg

OP

gwl

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sport S
Ok. Thanks for the info.

nanu

First Name
Roger
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Grey Rubicon JLU, 1983 CJ7
I have that combo and there is some overlap, but nothing to hinder installation. Very happy with both!! With the LOD sliders, I would recommend picking up some more heavy-duty washers.

IMG_20190802_123216.jpg
I am looking at the same products. How did you install the sliders with the belly pan? Did you lay the belly pan on top of the slider attachment? Or did you notch the belly pan?

ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Vehicle Showcase
I am looking at the same products. How did you install the sliders with the belly pan? Did you lay the belly pan on top of the slider attachment? Or did you notch the belly pan?
I have both metalcloak skid plates and LOD Destroyer sliders. I had no problems mounting both. Skids go on first and then the sliders. I think I shimmed one mounting point on the slider where it bolted to the frame to make up for the thickness of the skid plate.

Advertisement

Teraflex

Advertisement