First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
CEO
Has anyone experienced any powder coat finish issues with their LOD products? I've sent a couple email to them without a response and wanted to see if it's common. The signature sliders are about a year old. I live in AZ, no harsh chemicals on the road. The areas of concern have not been damaged by rocks or impact. Please see the attached photos for reference.
Thanks

IMG_1545.jpeg

IMG_1546.jpeg

IMG_1548.jpeg
Sponsored

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
With no email response I'd call. You shouldn't have to, but maybe tell them you have posed this question on a large JL Wrangler forum asking if this is commonplace......

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Has anyone experienced any powder coat finish issues with their LOD products? I've sent a couple email to them without a response and wanted to see if it's common. The signature sliders are about a year old. I live in AZ, no harsh chemicals on the road. The areas of concern have not been damaged by rocks or impact. Please see the attached photos for reference.
Thanks

IMG_1545.jpeg

IMG_1546.jpeg

IMG_1548.jpeg
Call them. They are still ramping back up after the fire they had in December.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks

IMG_1545.jpeg

IMG_1546.jpeg

IMG_1548.jpeg
Have you tried to reach out to @lodoffroad here on the forum?

CAC

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D, , 2019 200 Series Land Cruiser, 2017 Ram 3500 CCSB 4wd,
Looks like their powder coater didn't surface prep very well. Most coatings require abrasive blasting to remove mill scale and provide a profile for the coating to adhere to.

My LOD bumper is still in the box. I hope they did a better job on it than those steps...

Last edited:

Sponsored

RubiJR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and 1992 Suzuki Sidekick
I have some on order as well so hopefully they fix your problem and this doesn't get past QC in the future. Please let us know the outcome

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like their powder coater didn't surface prep very well. Most coatings require abrasive blasting rot remove mill scale and provide a profile for the coating to adhere to.

My LOD bumper is still in the box. I hope they did a better job on it than those steps...
Same. Thinking of installing around spring time.

OP
OP
TrewJL

TrewJL

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
CEO
Thanks for the responses, I did try to assume best intent and filed the concern online. When I first purchased them I also had to speak with them due to alignment and the holes for the fascia with the LOD logo wasn't correct. They sent me a tap to rethread but even that took multiple emails.
I'll try calling tomorrow and post an update.

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
Thanks for the responses, I did try to assume best intent and filed the concern online. When I first purchased them I also had to speak with them due to alignment and the holes for the fascia with the LOD logo wasn't correct. They sent me a tap to rethread but even that took multiple emails.
I'll try calling tomorrow and post an update.
TrewJL,
Sorry to see that your having issues with rust. I'd like to try to help get this resolved quickly. What do you mean you filed a concern online? Please PM me your contact info and order info, and I'll see what I can do.

Michael.

Sponsored

Miloe

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Is there a recommended touch up paint for the factory textured finish?
Just trying to stay ahead of the scrapes/dings to come.

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
Is there a recommended touch up paint for the factory textured finish?
Just trying to stay ahead of the scrapes/dings to come.
We recommend using Rustoleum© brand Black Semi-Gloss Protective Enamel (oil based). Apply using a foam brush by dabbing to match the powder coat texture.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
This is why you should buy bare and have it LineX'd....
https://lodoffroad.com/information

You can't expect too much for a $30 coat;)
Good point, but I've seen LineX'd stuff go for crap due to a penetration in the coating and rust developing underneath.

Where I often see LineX failures is at bolt holes. The bolt threads break through the LineX coating to bare metal and then it is just a matter of time until you get a bubble.

LineX won't flake, but it will bubble.