Not open for further replies.

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR, 2007 Yamaha R6
Well placed my order for it, the base, sliding rack, one aluminum panel, and passenger side ladder! Super stoked, can't wait. Only thing I dread is the actual install but should be awesome. It was either this or Gobi rack. Hope eventually I can mount some kc hilites gravity6 led lights on top
Sponsored

RSenese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Is the rack compatible with light bars? Mainly asking about kc hilites gravity6 led light bar
Axia alloys
LED light Bar Mount End Mount 8 mm 5/16″ end mounts
Part# MODLED8

that’s how I got my pro 6 8 light bar on.

worked perfectly.

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Axia alloys
Part# MODLED8

worked perfectly.
Hey guess what? You're awesome! Thanks!

OP
OP
lodoffroad

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
Axia alloys
Part# MODLED8

worked perfectly.
Lets see some pictures!

Sponsored

RSenese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Hey guys, sorry for the delay, super happy with the rack and Ive been using it a lot. The sky one touch opens with easy, completely clears when retracting the roof. But I do not do it often because my view is a tent. We use it often, practically every weekend, which is partially why Im behind on answering this thread. I haven't taken the tent down, 180 lbs of dead weight way over my head is not something I can do alone. but I enjoy knowing I have the option to change things as needed and use the roof when I want. I use it stationary, I don't slide it out because I have it all wired up with KC scene lights and the KC chase light, which lighting the campsite is more important than sliding the rack. It works flawlessly so far, but I can not speak to the mechanics of the slide, for the reason mentioned above. If they come out with legs which are able to support the tent with people in it extended, I may reconsider changing my wiring and sliding it out at camp so I have the whole tent bottom as coverage from the rain on the passenger side. (as opposed to just half the tent) Its a very solid product, when we are in the tent camping, my wife me and 2 young boys (2 & 4 y/o), it feels super sturdy. It honestly feels like its part of the Jeep. Wind noise is minimal on highway with the wind deflector LOD sent me with my initial order. The tent's cover causes more noise, but thats to be expected. Highway driving I do not even think about it being up there, but I also upgraded to a full steer smarts setup and king adjustable reservoir, so driving is very comfortable. As far as the KC pro 6 goes, Ive had the Axia Alloys clamps I mentioned in the previous post, and its super solid and even keeps the lights up over the windshield, for more view. My previous mount had them half over the windshield, now they are out of view. Super sturdy and I have no concern of them falling. If I grab the light bar and attempt to shake it, the Jeep shakes and the lights remain in place. I had to fully extend the pro 6 center mount to reach the windshield in the center with a little modification, but that doesn't bother me, I never see it. If LOD comes out with a pro 6 mount specific for the light bar I will probably change it, but it it works with no issues so far. You can tell in person the engineer was extremely thoughtful in all its construction. Im by no means a mechanic/builder, but between me and my father-in-law, within 2- 2 1/2 days we got it together. The instructions were clear and in color, so there wasn't any mistakes made, but we also were super meticulous in putting it together as to not make any mistakes, so it probably could have been done in less time. I cant think of anything I would want changed or modified, Im super happy with the way it is. If I could do it over, I would get the bumpers too, the trail rack would be awesome so I have more room to store stuff, but maybe in the future. All in all, extremely happy. Here are three pictures, I'll upload more soon. I'll also try and answer a little sooner if anyone has any other questions from a consumer. I would definitely recommend this rack to anyone. Cheers.

forum1.jpg

forum2.jpg

forum3.jpg

SuMeRiaN

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
Impressive!!
Why did you choose the LOD over the GOBI?
Can I get a peak of what the rack looks like from behind with the TAILGATE open :) Have a thread for your build?
Did you install the Genesis screen and if so where in the cab?
Can I see your CAB :) Where is the SPOD mounted?

RSenese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Impressive!!
Why did you choose the LOD over the GOBI?
Can I get a peak of what the rack looks like from behind with the TAILGATE open :) Have a thread for your build?
Did you install the Genesis screen and if so where in the cab?
Can I see your CAB :) Where is the SPOD mounted?
-I ordered LOD the day it went live on their website (8/9/19). A few days before that I ordered the Gobi. (8/6/19).
On 10/24 I received the LOD Rack. Gobi still has not shipped the rack yet. It's to my understanding that I can not cancel the order with them, or get hit with a $500 fee, so I'm either going to throw it on my wife's Rubi, or try and sell it. Im sure its a good rack, I am just happy with the LOD and do not want to switch it out.

-The sPod is mounted on a CMM mount on the driver's side, top of the grab handle on a 67d mount.
The g-Screen is mounted on the right of the 1 touch buttons in the center- I pulled apart the panels and wired everything behind for clean installs.

Its too dark to get a picture of the tailgate open, I tried but my iPhone wont show the black rack in the dark, I'll work on that for you, but it clears the glass with no issues at all and the tailgate goes out all the way. I'll work on the pictures for you in the daytime.

I do not have a thread, I would love to do it, but I haven't gotten around to doing it yet.
Here is a picture of the G-Screen mounted, and a picture of the rear, but the tailgate is closed.
I think that answers everything.

forum4.jpg

IMG_C80BFA61997B-1.jpeg

SuMeRiaN

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
That's a great spot for the G Screen, no rush but I would love to peak in the rear w/ the tailgate open. How is it organized? When the dual battery is installed are BOTH the existing batteries removed from the JL or is the smaller battery left?

Again very nice rig.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Hey guys, sorry for the delay, super happy with the rack and Ive been using it a lot. The sky one touch opens with easy, completely clears when retracting the roof. But I do not do it often because my view is a tent. We use it often, practically every weekend, which is partially why Im behind on answering this thread. I haven't taken the tent down, 180 lbs of dead weight way over my head is not something I can do alone. but I enjoy knowing I have the option to change things as needed and use the roof when I want. I use it stationary, I don't slide it out because I have it all wired up with KC scene lights and the KC chase light, which lighting the campsite is more important than sliding the rack. It works flawlessly so far, but I can not speak to the mechanics of the slide, for the reason mentioned above. If they come out with legs which are able to support the tent with people in it extended, I may reconsider changing my wiring and sliding it out at camp so I have the whole tent bottom as coverage from the rain on the passenger side. (as opposed to just half the tent) Its a very solid product, when we are in the tent camping, my wife me and 2 young boys (2 & 4 y/o), it feels super sturdy. It honestly feels like its part of the Jeep. Wind noise is minimal on highway with the wind deflector LOD sent me with my initial order. The tent's cover causes more noise, but thats to be expected. Highway driving I do not even think about it being up there, but I also upgraded to a full steer smarts setup and king adjustable reservoir, so driving is very comfortable. As far as the KC pro 6 goes, Ive had the Axia Alloys clamps I mentioned in the previous post, and its super solid and even keeps the lights up over the windshield, for more view. My previous mount had them half over the windshield, now they are out of view. Super sturdy and I have no concern of them falling. If I grab the light bar and attempt to shake it, the Jeep shakes and the lights remain in place. I had to fully extend the pro 6 center mount to reach the windshield in the center with a little modification, but that doesn't bother me, I never see it. If LOD comes out with a pro 6 mount specific for the light bar I will probably change it, but it it works with no issues so far. You can tell in person the engineer was extremely thoughtful in all its construction. Im by no means a mechanic/builder, but between me and my father-in-law, within 2- 2 1/2 days we got it together. The instructions were clear and in color, so there wasn't any mistakes made, but we also were super meticulous in putting it together as to not make any mistakes, so it probably could have been done in less time. I cant think of anything I would want changed or modified, Im super happy with the way it is. If I could do it over, I would get the bumpers too, the trail rack would be awesome so I have more room to store stuff, but maybe in the future. All in all, extremely happy. Here are three pictures, I'll upload more soon. I'll also try and answer a little sooner if anyone has any other questions from a consumer. I would definitely recommend this rack to anyone. Cheers.

forum1.jpg

forum2.jpg

forum3.jpg
Very nice rig, very nice.

Sponsored

OP
OP
lodoffroad

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU

forum1.jpg

forum2.jpg

forum3.jpg
That's an awesome Jeep! Thanks for the great review too! We dont have a light mount yet for that style light, but I'd be interested in seeing how you mounted yours. :)

RSenese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
That's a great spot for the G Screen, no rush but I would love to peak in the rear w/ the tailgate open. How is it organized? When the dual battery is installed are BOTH the existing batteries removed from the JL or is the smaller battery left?

Again very nice rig.
Sumerian,
I do not want to turn LOD's thread into pictures of the inside of my rig, I'll just keep it pertaining to their rack, and start a new thread with my stuff and let you know when its up. Thanks.

Gregorysnelson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler sport+ unlimited

forum1.jpg

forum2.jpg

forum3.jpg

Beautiful rig. What did you use to mount the awning to the LoD rack? Do you know the diameter or the tubing?

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I vote the kc pro6 light bar as well!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.