Not open for further replies.

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR, 2007 Yamaha R6
well I got the iKamper Mini installed on the rack. Don’t think I will be getting my Wraptor 4K awning till July time frame.
CB38D5A7-BF3C-418B-ADA2-80054F952A9C.jpeg
looks good. I need a new way to install my wraptor Awning after installing my CVT Mt Hood RTT
Sponsored

TxJeeper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 YJ Sahara, 2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
looks good. I need a new way to install my wraptor Awning after installing my CVT Mt Hood RTT
I would be VERY interested in some pictures of how you mount the awning to the side of the sliding rack.

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would be VERY interested in some pictures of how you mount the awning to the side of the sliding rack.
Are you talking just in general or in conjunction with my CVT Mt. Hood? If it’s with the Mt. Hood I haven’t figured it out yet lol.

TxJeeper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you talking just in general or in conjunction with my CVT Mt. Hood? If it’s with the Mt. Hood I haven’t figured it out yet lol.
I was assuming you were mounting it to the outside of the Slide Rack. Since you have the ladder at the back of the vehicle I don't think you could put a 270 degree on it. I would go with a 180 degree.

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was assuming you were mounting it to the outside of the Slide Rack. Since you have the ladder at the back of the vehicle I don't think you could put a 270 degree on it. I would go with a 180 degree.
Oh the 270 works. I have it already and used it before with my old RTT. I have the ladder going up the tent on passenger side, so the 270 will open from driver side and cover that side and the back.

The issue I have is actually mounting the awning itself. The standard bracket they gave us with the awning works perfectly with the slide rack and the crossbar, but that only worked with my old Roam Adventure RTT. The CVT Mt. Hood sits literally flush along the top of the basket, so there’s no room for the awning bracket to mount onto the crossbar. I bought the awning bracket from CVT to mount on the side channels of my tent, but that bracket mounting holes aren’t wide enough for the awning channels lol.

Sponsored

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here’s how it sits currently. You see that the tent is literally flat on the crossbar and the basket, so there’s no room for the L bracket to mount onto the crossbars, as there is no room for the bolts.

ZXvvLZC.jpg

1QyGnDW.jpg

zgQWwmW.jpg

TxJeeper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I see what you mean.Do you think I will have that same problem with my iKamper setup? I am planning to mount it on the drivers side too. I have not seen Wraptor 4k mounting brackets yet.

tempImagehSKXKo.png

tempImagey6WXhD.png

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is possible. Is the tent centered left and right on yours? If you have more room on the left then it will probably work.

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@lodoffroad They offer three style of mounts as seen in the attached (also, can be found on their website here: https://overlandvehiclesystems.com/...e-dark-gray-cover-with-black-cover-universal/).

Agreed w/driver side.

Jeep Wrangler JL LoD Destroyer Series Sliding Roof Rack tempImagey6WXhD
This is how the bracket looks like on mine. I’m sure it’s pretty much the same across all brands.

You would mount the brackets to the cross member as shown below. Or you could try our universal mounting bracket.

Originally mine was mounted according to the first pic and it worked perfectly. After I swapped tents I did buy LOD’s universal bracket like the one in the second picture. Don’t do it. It doesn’t hold the weight. Once I opened the awning the whole thing tilted down, and I had the bolts very tight already.

TxJeeper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is possible. Is the tent centered left and right on yours? If you have more room on the left then it will probably work.
Yeah it is centered...will let you know when mine comes in and do the install. By the way...did you have to relocated your Satellite antennae? I am going to have to move mine. When the RTT is on it passes every few seconds. However I just ordered the floor pans for the roof rack and it might interfere even without RTT on now.

Sponsored

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah it is centered...will let you know when mine comes in and do the install. By the way...did you have to relocated your Satellite antennae? I am going to have to move mine. When the RTT is on it passes every few seconds. However I just ordered the floor pans for the roof rack and it might interfere even without RTT on now.
I cancelled my satellite as I use CarPlay so not too sure.

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you see the post I made right above yours?

OP
OP
lodoffroad

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
This is how the bracket looks like on mine. I’m sure it’s pretty much the same across all brands.

Originally mine was mounted according to the first pic and it worked perfectly. After I swapped tents I did buy LOD’s universal bracket like the one in the second picture. Don’t do it. It doesn’t hold the weight. Once I opened the awning the whole thing tilted down, and I had the bolts very tight already.
You could try adding a little rubber grip tape inside the clamp, but it still may be too heavy. You might also try staggering the univeral mount clamps so one of them is on the lower rail and the other one or two on the upper rail, this would prevent rotation. Although you might need to modify the universal mounting plate.

TxJeeper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes if you mean the mounting options. But I am getting the OverlandPros Wraptor 4K 270 Freestanding awning. I think yours is different. I have never seen the mounts for the Wraptor on their website.

https://overlandpros.com/product/wraptor-2500/
That is actually exactly the one I have. You see the mount actually on their pictures, towards the end.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.