Not open for further replies.

Tug

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
For me the one real annoying thing that bothers me are the two pairs of leveling bumpers on the front stabilizers. The white piece that is on the top portion of the windshield. Those two always make creaking noises when I hit a bump or pothole. Drives me nuts
I second this. I love the rack and feel like it's sturdy and functional however the creaking noises from the front stabilizers drives me crazy too. I feel like a larger rubber section on these might make all the difference. Who knows maybe @lodoffroad will find a solution to this in the future. If this were fixed the rack would feel like something that should have come from the factory.
Sponsored

cassifree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
the OD is 1.25”
Getting that batwing on was a pain. No mount I could find fits the diameter of the tubing. I wound up using the arb tube mount for its curve around the bar, and then used large washers to hold the bolts in place to the holes already in the rack grates. The tent also adds extra support holding the mount down to the rack. (See picture). It is very sturdy, but without the help of the pressure of the tent, I don’t know if it would work. The ARB tube u bracket is too small to fit around the diameter of the cross bars

0DCA2522-3C94-42A5-89D0-57E5BC583EA4.jpeg
I've been struggling to find a bracket option that will work on the base rack or the sliding kit to mount an ARB awning. I don't have a RTT or anything else currently installed on the rack so I don't have anything to help hold it down. Anyone else come up with anything so far? @lodoffroad, any ideas?

OP
OP
lodoffroad

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
I've been struggling to find a bracket option that will work on the base rack or the sliding kit to mount an ARB awning. I don't have a RTT or anything else currently installed on the rack so I don't have anything to help hold it down. Anyone else come up with anything so far? @lodoffroad, any ideas?
Can you send us some more pictures of your awning and mounting brackets? I will pass this along to see if we can get a solution.

cassifree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Can you send us some more pictures of your awning and mounting brackets? I will pass this along to see if we can get a solution.
I have the ARB aluminum encased awning (pictures from their website of the attachment side are included) and I have their universal brackets (3 of them, pictures attached) but those are clearly not going to work. All of the brackets that I find do not seem suited to tubular attachments, that seems to be my struggle.

tempImageDdyiTc.png

tempImageybetxc.png

tempImagew5qgHD.png

tempImagebK6GA7.png

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
https://store.quickfist.com/quick-fist-clamps.html ???

https://www.steel-tek.com/sites/551/uploaded/files/Offset_Flange.pdf

???? (1 1/4" size, available by Loews internet or their stores)

Sponsored

cassifree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon

mbaglole

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLRU
OP
OP
lodoffroad

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU

mbaglole

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLRU
@lodoffroad thanks - that's a great question. I really need to figure out how all of this will come together -

I was originally considering passenger side attached to the cross members of the sliding rack. However, with the awning and RTT I'm considering (it'd be a total of 230 pounds with 70 pounds from the awning). Additionally, I need to determine if I can deploy the tent entrance over the awning (if there's enough given clearance).

The alternative would be to determine if I could mount it to the driver's side of the base rack.

Thoughts?

Sponsored

OP
OP
lodoffroad

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
@lodoffroad thanks - that's a great question. I really need to figure out how all of this will come together -

I was originally considering passenger side attached to the cross members of the sliding rack. However, with the awning and RTT I'm considering (it'd be a total of 230 pounds with 70 pounds from the awning). Additionally, I need to determine if I can deploy the tent entrance over the awning (if there's enough given clearance).

The alternative would be to determine if I could mount it to the driver's side of the base rack.

Thoughts?
Seems you would mount your awning on the driver side and open your tent to the passenger side. Without seeing the mounting brackets its hard to say how the awing would mount to the base rack. When you get your awning send us some pics, we might be able to help you come up with a solution.

mbaglole

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLRU
Seems you would mount your awning on the driver side and open your tent to the passenger side. Without seeing the mounting brackets its hard to say how the awing would mount to the base rack. When you get your awning send us some pics, we might be able to help you come up with a solution.
@lodoffroad They offer three style of mounts as seen in the attached (also, can be found on their website here: https://overlandvehiclesystems.com/...e-dark-gray-cover-with-black-cover-universal/).

Agreed w/driver side.

Screen Shot 2021-02-16 at 4.22.50 PM.png

OP
OP
lodoffroad

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU

mbaglole

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLRU
@lodoffroad that's fantastic, really appreciate it. I'll have to see if the cross member option works, otherwise, I'll be ordering a couple of the universal mounts and repurposing them if I don't end up using them.

Can't wait to post some pictures when this is all installed and mounted.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler

Thoughts?

Michael, question...

In the below picture, which features only the sliding portion of LOD's rack system (as taken from an installation manual page on their website) which do you consider the "crossmember" here: the tubes pointed to by the red arrow or the yellow arrow?

From context I'd guess you mean the tubes pointed to by the red arrow. To my mind's eye, cross members are typified by the tubes pointed to by the yellow arrow---but, the important thing, regardless of meaning, is to understand where you envision connection points to be.

As a matter of context, the tubes pointed to by the red arrow travel the length of the vehicle while the yellow ones cross it: from passenger's to driver's side (or vice versa.)

:)

Jeep Wrangler JL LoD Destroyer Series Sliding Roof Rack rack
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.