Not open for further replies.

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR, 2007 Yamaha R6
Are you planning on releasing the support bars pictured in one of the photos you have with the tent supported with the slider extended?
If so, how soon? And will it support the 800lbs Static as well?
Highly curious about this as well!
Sponsored

LaneSprings

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S (JL)
Occupation
Auto Insurance Agent
Hey LoD, question for you. I’m really into your products. Got your bumpers on already and looking at more things from you as well. The question is... is this or will you guys ever have some sort of rack that will for the 2 door? Would be nice to be able to continue building the LoD JL 2 door...

Gregorysnelson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler sport+ unlimited
Axia alloys
LED light Bar Mount End Mount 8 mm 5/16″ end mounts
Part# MODLED8

that’s how I got my pro 6 8 light bar on.

worked perfectly.
For the light bar, I assume that you did not use the KC HiLites mounting bar since the LOD rack uses the a-pillar for the rack mounting. I see that you said you used the axia alloys clamp but how did they mount since it looks like the light bars attach at the end caps rather than having a bar that runs along the back. thanks in advance!

Sponsored

Tug

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Ordered. Will post pictures!

RSenese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
For the light bar, I assume that you did not use the KC HiLites mounting bar since the LOD rack uses the a-pillar for the rack mounting. I see that you said you used the axia alloys clamp but how did they mount since it looks like the light bars attach at the end caps rather than having a bar that runs along the back. thanks in advance!
post # 137

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Installed the rack today, but not finished yet. Still have to work on the sliding part as it's not smooth. That and couple more steps and I should be good to go. Only couple hiccups. LOD shipped me the driver side ladder instead of the passenger side which I ordered. Other was trimming and fitting the taillight. Took a long time to trim, even using the cutout they provided. There's a gap on both driver and passenger side on the inside of the light housing. And due to really hard time fitting it back in, theres quite a bit of gap on the topside of the housing where it was trimmed, as we had to continue to trim more and more to try to fit the light in the housing. Other than that the process was pretty smooth.

Big thanks to @RSenese for help along the way even though he's on the opposite side of the country. Major props.

Here are some progress pictures. Didn't take much and took it quickly...

72mOxyd.jpg

z48Yr6s.jpg

xWMbspQ.jpg

JAhpmdo.jpg

16QdfRh.jpg

zP1wJFx.jpg

YQfyFzJ.jpg

Canuck714

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU Rubicon, 2014 Roush Raptor, 2020 JLU Willy's
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the rack today, but not finished yet. Still have to work on the sliding part as it's not smooth. That and couple more steps and I should be good to go. Only couple hiccups. LOD shipped me the driver side ladder instead of the passenger side which I ordered. Other was trimming and fitting the taillight. Took a long time to trim, even using the cutout they provided. There's a gap on both driver and passenger side on the inside of the light housing. And due to really hard time fitting it back in, theres quite a bit of gap on the topside of the housing where it was trimmed, as we had to continue to trim more and more to try to fit the light in the housing. Other than that the process was pretty smooth.

Big thanks to @RSenese for help along the way even though he's on the opposite side of the country. Major props.

Here are some progress pictures. Didn't take much and took it quickly...

72mOxyd.jpg

z48Yr6s.jpg

xWMbspQ.jpg

JAhpmdo.jpg

16QdfRh.jpg

zP1wJFx.jpg

YQfyFzJ.jpg
Looks great. How noisy is it going down the road. I can only imagine that the sliding part would rattle back and forth in the tracks.
Please let me know what you notice.

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks great. How noisy is it going down the road. I can only imagine that the sliding part would rattle back and forth in the tracks.
Please let me know what you notice.
Definitely no rattle from the tracks. It's latched on front driver and rear driver side as mine slides out on passenger side, and also has extra safety bolt on front and rear passenger side. The basket doesn't move at all once it's latched. I am dealing with flapping of my soft top at highway speeds, that is causing a bit of noise. Trying to resolve that. Note I have the premium soft top and I surmise the softer material might play a factor in the flapping.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito JL Wrangler Unlimited
Anyone or that has installed this LOD rack or LODoffroad, can we get a pic of what the rear lights look like with the rack installed? I would like to know what it looks like when it is all put back together.

Do you need to worry about water or anything when you cut the light housing for brackets to fit?

Thanks

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone or that has installed this LOD rack or LODoffroad, can we get a pic of what the rear lights look like with the rack installed? I would like to know what it looks like when it is all put back together.

Do you need to worry about water or anything when you cut the light housing for brackets to fit?

Thanks
I'll post some in a bit. I did cut off a bit more than I had needed as I had issues putting the light back on so kept trimming and trimming. In terms of water, yea im a bit concerned with how I cut mine, but even then I'm not sure how watertight it was to begin with pre cutting anyways

Tug

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
I'll post some in a bit. I did cut off a bit more than I had needed as I had issues putting the light back on so kept trimming and trimming. In terms of water, yea im a bit concerned with how I cut mine, but even then I'm not sure how watertight it was to begin with pre cutting anyways
I should be doing the install soon as well and would love pictures if you have time to post them. I'm hoping to be able to mitigate the water entry issue somehow. I know that it should just travel out the pre existing holes, but I'd like to keep it to a minimum regardless.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito JL Wrangler Unlimited
Thanks! That would be great. I would like to know what it looks like when all is done.

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! That would be great. I would like to know what it looks like when all is done.
I should be doing the install soon as well and would love pictures if you have time to post them. I'm hoping to be able to mitigate the water entry issue somehow. I know that it should just travel out the pre existing holes, but I'd like to keep it to a minimum regardless.
Driver side:

cB9Sak8.jpg

efyiDBR.jpg

Pass side:

QUrULNq.jpg

m9TNKQh.jpg

1nDTK2N.jpg

Again not the best cutting on my part, and probably will look at epoxying some plastic bits to it. Hope it helps.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.