Not open for further replies.

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
LOD All New Destroyer Series Sliding Roof Rack
Coming Summer 2019
No need to unload rack to remove hard or soft top. Works with sunrider position for softtop
Accessory mounts for jerry cans, hi-lift jack, trail tools, roto pax and more.
Will work with all major rooftop tents.
Ladder for easy loading/unloading of all your gear.
Modular floor system.
Rack will be available with or without slider and able to be upgraded at a later time.
Keep watching for updates

Sponsored

IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
This looks really cool!

Started to ask a question about using my RACOR lift but deleted it. Even if it could be lifted out through the top I'd have to have 20' ceilings haha

Still, I love the capabilities in this rack. Might have to re-think my approach to getting the hard-top off. No more RACOR lift if I add the rack :facepalm:

Sponsored

OP
OP
lodoffroad

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
Just so nobody gets any bright ideas, we do not advocate driving with snowmobiles on top of Jeeps! Or Sliding Roof Racks... :)

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Looks awesome!

Question:

The rack can slide in either direction correct, but once installed that slide is only to one particular user chosen side, right?

Things I'd like to see:
  • Specs for what's a safe load on the rack fully closed: be it permanently so or with the sliders.
  • Same for when it's fully opened/cantilevered--for the sliders version that is.
  • Vertical supports as accessories. This might give us the best of both worlds: the ability to ride with the rack fully loaded with gear, and slide it out of the way to open the top, or sit on top of it like with the original JK version of your rack which slid to the rear, or to use the fully loaded rack it at the same time as an awning.

If you go this route, please consider offering some form of telescoping poles, maybe with holes in them and a pin to let us adjust the height. We Wrangler owners run different size tires and sometimes lifts as you must know. I'd be great if they could attach to the rack when stored, and maybe have the ability to attach wheels to the poles at ground point when sliding the rack out on paved surfaces.
  • Recommendations of the best grease to use to periodically lubricate the sliders.
  • Prices after you feel comfortable knowing your own costs.
  • Pre-orders, ideally at some form of discount.
  • The ability to lock it closed.

Last edited:

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
One more request. Maybe you are including these with the new rack but took them off to show how a top can come on/off without removing the rack.

But I would like what's circle in the picture in your old rack that slid to the back, on the new rack (at least I think I would), ideally removable so the tops can install/come off from the rear as you showed in your just released video:

wishlist.jpg
I ask this because around a minute into the video, as you close the empty rack it *appears* to shimmy a tad. Yes, I was watching a large version, in slow mo and high resolution. Maybe it's nothing. Maybe it's me.

Or...maybe that was the rig, and if so, my apologies. But if it was the rack, I imagine such a structural member could help were the rack, sliders or not, fully loaded.

Please don't lose context from my request. I think you guys are awesome. What I saw may have been nothing.

Sponsored

OP
OP
lodoffroad

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
One more request. Maybe you are including these with the new rack but took them off to show how a top can come on/off without removing the rack.

But I would like what's circle in the picture in your old rack that slid to the back, on the new rack (at least I think I would), ideally removable so the tops can install/come off from the rear as you showed in your just released video:

wishlist.jpg
I ask this because around a minute into the video, as you close the empty rack it *appears* to shimmy a tad. Yes, I was watching a large version, in slow mo and high resolution. Maybe it's nothing. Maybe it's me.

Or...maybe that was the rig, and if so, my apologies. But if it was the rack, I imagine such a structural member could help were the rack, sliders or not, fully loaded.

Please don't lose context from my request. I think you guys are awesome. What I saw may have been nothing.
If you look close there are removable rear gussets so you can get the hard top out. They had already been removed at that time. There can be a little shake but the jeep also shakes slightly under the latching action depending on how hard you slam it..

Walter-new jeeper

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue Wrangler JLUR, Expedition, Escape
Looks awesome!

Question:

The rack can slide in either direction correct, but once installed that slide is only to one particular user chosen side, right?

Things I'd like to see:
  • Specs for what's a safe load on the rack fully closed: be it permanently so or with the sliders.
  • Same for when it's fully opened/cantilevered--for the sliders version that is.
  • Vertical supports as accessories. This might give us the best of both worlds: the ability to ride with the rack fully loaded with gear, and slide it out of the way to open the top, or sit on top of it like with the original JK version of your rack which slid to the rear, or to use the fully loaded rack it at the same time as an awning.

If you go this route, please consider offering some form of telescoping poles, maybe with holes in them and a pin to let us adjust the height. We Wrangler owners run different size tires and sometimes lifts as you must know. I'd be great if they could attach to the rack when stored, and maybe have the ability to attach wheels to the poles at ground point when sliding the rack out on paved surfaces.
  • Recommendations of the best grease to use to periodically lubricate the sliders.
  • Prices after you feel comfortable knowing your own costs.
  • Pre-orders, ideally at some form of discount.
  • The ability to lock it closed.
I think vertical supports would be a fantastic idea.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.