Sponsored

LOD Destroyer Rock Sliders 4xe Review

wranglerbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
I'll keep this review short. Picked up a set of LOD Destroyer Rock Sliders during their recent sale after confirming with LOD that they were 4xe compatible.

Pros:
  • Quality construction. Welds were nicely done and nothing needed to be sanded down.
  • Black powder coat is even and matches the rest of the Jeep.
  • Packaging was excellent. Amazing something this size and weight can arrive undamaged.
  • They look good on the Jeep and provide the hinge protection I'm looking for.
  • Instructions were easy to follow.
  • One person job using just a jack and two storage bins.
  • Everything lined up and I chose to drill the additional three holes. Zero issues.
  • Customer service came through quickly when I needed longer bolts to reach the flag nuts
  • Made in the USA
Cons:
  • The need to use washers up front to ensure a uniform gap between the slider and the body. Dumbfounded why LOD doesn't just make those two brackets a 1/4" longer.
  • The Destroyers are not full length, meaning the they don't fully cover the front or the rear pinch welds. Specifically, 2" of the rear pinch and 3" on the front are exposed. This leads to con #3
  • Because the Destroyers are not full length, the rear step is positioned too far forward. With the doors off, I'm sure this isn't an issue. But when the doors are on and since they don't fully open at 90 degrees, it's doesn't feel natural. I might be picky, but ROAM doesn't seem to have this problem as it appears their step extends further back easing the ability of a passenger to use it while getting into the Jeep.
  • LOD needs to include 1 1/2" M13 thread bolts to connect with the flag nut. Spent way too much time looking for them around town and NO ONE carried them.

Would I buy them again? Maybe. I'll wait until I have a lift on to make a final conclusion, but the design of the rear step, exposed pinch welds, and need for washers makes me wonder why these things weren't addressed during the design phase. Granted, I don't intent to pivot hard around a rock using these sliders, but still....washers??

To be continued....

Jeep Wrangler JL LOD Destroyer Rock Sliders 4xe Review Jeep with LOD Destroyer - Small Copy

Jeep Wrangler JL LOD Destroyer Rock Sliders 4xe Review Jeep LOD Destroyer 3 -Small Copy

Jeep Wrangler JL LOD Destroyer Rock Sliders 4xe Review Jeep LOD Destroyer gap small - Copy

Jeep Wrangler JL LOD Destroyer Rock Sliders 4xe Review Jeep Pinch Weld-2 - Copy

Jeep Wrangler JL LOD Destroyer Rock Sliders 4xe Review Jeep Pinch Weld-1

Jeep Wrangler JL LOD Destroyer Rock Sliders 4xe Review Jeep Pinch Weld
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mgg253

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Thanks for the write up! My next purchase is sliders… wanted ACE but they jacked the price way up

Shasta_Steve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ, F150 Rubicon 4xe
Look good. I just got the Ace sliders yesterday. I have not put them on yet though.

OP
OP
wranglerbro

wranglerbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Thanks for the write up! My next purchase is sliders… wanted ACE but they jacked the price way up
I was looking at ACE too, they're a great option. Just checked their website, what a price increase!
Sponsored