Sponsored

LOD Destroyer rear bumper / tire carrier

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

Hey everyone. Just wanted to invite you all to view our new promotional video for the JL Destroyer Tire Carrier on our You Tube Channel!
How would you recommend mounting a pair of Maxtrax? Ever try to strap them behind the hi lift jack between the tire & tailgate?
Sponsored

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
How would you recommend mounting a pair of Maxtrax? Ever try to strap them behind the hi lift jack between the tire & tailgate?
We've never tried mounting them... Looks like a pair of them are at least 6" deep, so not likely going to fit between the carrier and the tailgate. My first thought would be to use our Universal Multi-Mount. If your even slightly handy, it would be easy to mount a board on our Universal Mount and use the Maxtrax mounting pins. Or simply strap strap them.

upload_2019-1-25_14-25-58.png

https://lodoffroad.com/products/jee...7-2017-jk-destroyer-universal-multimount.html

But, that's great question! And you got us thinking...I bet we could come up with something cool! ;)

Brew211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURM, Tundra, 2022 JLU 392 XR
Vehicle Showcase
We've never tried mounting them... Looks like a pair of them are at least 6" deep, so not likely going to fit between the carrier and the tailgate. My first thought would be to use our Universal Multi-Mount. If your even slightly handy, it would be easy to mount a board on our Universal Mount and use the Maxtrax mounting pins. Or simply strap strap them.

https://lodoffroad.com/products/jee...7-2017-jk-destroyer-universal-multimount.html

But, that's great question! And you got us thinking...I bet we could come up with something cool! ;)
I bet you can't....... (trying reverse psychology)

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

Bet you could too, and hope you do. Man this tire carrier system is like the Inspector Gadget of offroad options...

Sponsored

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

I bet you can't....... (trying reverse psychology)
Totally. This may be the way to go for me, my 2-door needs to maximize its interior space. I'm thinking I might order this.. how about you? Let me know if you do, I'm in Surprise, we could help each other installing 'em.

Brew211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURM, Tundra, 2022 JLU 392 XR
Vehicle Showcase
Totally. This may be the way to go for me, my 2-door needs to maximize its interior space. I'm thinking I might order this.. how about you? Let me know if you do, I'm in Surprise, we could help each other installing 'em.

sounds like a plan.

Sssuperdave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 392, 69 SS/RS Camaro, 2023Yukon
24951DF3-B362-48B6-9EA5-7E5DE0779D8E.jpeg
Got finished and all wiring completed for the B/U lights , 3rd brake light and the tag light. Camera kit worked like a charm.
Looks great! How are the back up and side sensors working for you?

rameyer84

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F350, Hyundai Sante Fe, 2018 JLUR Mojito!
Looks great! How are the back up and side sensors working for you?
Haven't had time to reply to this thread, but I got some time last weekend to try LOD's fix of turning the sensors sideways. See above in this thread. It helped some. I no longer get a solid tone, and sometimes it works fairly well. However, it will still beep intermittently for no apparent reason. The other thing to watch out for is with my wide tires, when the tone does go solid, i.e. very close to something, I am now right on it since the tire sticks out so much more than the stock tire did. So, some success.

Sponsored

Rampart22

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ Rubicon/ 2019 JL Rubicon
Hey guys I’ve got questions. I’m very interested but have some concerns:

1)What’s width (distance from tail gate) of the actual bumper and how much lower does the bumper sit then the factory or if a better reference; how much lower then the lip of the rear corner.

2) Whats the distance from rear tail gate to tire? Does it interfere with departure angle?

3)Does the tire swing assembly rattle?

4) Anyone rock tested the bumper and have an opinion on how it handles? Does it push up into the body like the factory bumper?

5) Does the black paint of bumper compliment the black fenders? Or contrast?

6) Does the tow plug interfere with departure angle or objects? it appears low hanging fruit on the bumper....Can it be relocated?

7) Does the tire rattle or move at all once mounted to the carrier? Does it need rubber braces?

8) Has there been any changes, modifications or fixes to the sensors issue?

9) Does the bumper carrier work with the mopar upgraded tail gate hinge bracket?

10) There was mention of mud concerns on the light bezels.... what’s the change if any?

I appreciate any help....
Thanks

rameyer84

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F350, Hyundai Sante Fe, 2018 JLUR Mojito!

1)What’s width (distance from tail gate) of the actual bumper and how much lower does the bumper sit then the factory or if a better reference; how much lower then the lip of the rear corner.

2) Whats the distance from rear tail gate to tire? Does it interfere with departure angle?

4) Anyone rock tested the bumper and have an opinion on how it handles? Does it push up into the body like the factory bumper?

6) Does the tow plug interfere with departure angle or objects? it appears low hanging fruit on the bumper....Can it be relocated?

7) Does the tire rattle or move at all once mounted to the carrier? Does it need rubber braces?

9) Does the bumper carrier work with the mopar upgraded tail gate hinge bracket?

10) There was mention of mud concerns on the light bezels.... what’s the change if any?

Thanks
I can't answer all these but let me try:

1. Bumper matches factory bumper height very well. It does cover the body sheet metal, so you shouldn't be making contact with the body on obstacles.

2. 2 to 3 inches. Departure angle is going to be figured on size of tire and width. You do have some up and down adjustment for the tire. If you are really worried about this, delete the spare or get a stinger like the [Banned Site] guy.

3. Assembly does not rattle at all.

4. I have not tested the bumper on rocks, etc. but you can lift the jeep with it, it does not push up.

5. Paint compliments very well in my opinion.

6. Trailer plug will definitely interfere. I didn't try to mount it anywhere else. I also have not been on rough enough trails to test it.

7. Tire does not rattle at all, it is very solidly mounted. No rubber spacers needed.

8. See the previous posts. If you turn the sensors the way they recommend, they work OK. Once I made this change they stopped constantly beeping. Sometimes they beep and you can't figure out why, i.e. uneven ground, etc. and sometimes you think they will and they don't beep at all until you approach something. Go figure.

9. Don't have the upgraded bracket. That's why I got the bumper so I wouldn't have to get that bracket.

10. Have not been in any really thick mud, so can't help you there.

Hope this helps.

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU

I don't quite understand this question. However the bumper matches the body line perfectly, there is approx 3/4" gap between the bumper profile and the body.

This depends on your tire.

When adjusted properly the system does not rattle.

Our rear bumpers are mounted in a way that they cannot rotate up. For the bumper to make contact with the body, you would have to actually bend the steel.

Matches very well with new black plastic fenders... faded not so much.

We mounted the tow plug so that you can remove it if you don't tow, or remove it temporarily if you are worried about the departure angle.

Nothing extra is needed for our tire carrier system. It does not rattle if adjusted properly.

We have a video about this on our Youtube page. If you still have questions give us a call.

Our tire carrier likely will not work with any hinge reinforcement brackets that integrate with the OEM carrier.

See our promotional video for the tire carrier, we have designed in water and mud drain holes... So if it does build up, it washes out easily.

Thanks
See above for answers to your questions.
Let us know if you have any other questions!
Sponsored