drtrdr85

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

drtrdr85, I'm reviving a buried post for this question, but what hardware did you buy for that bolt w/ hole / hand knob combo you used to mount the maxtrax using the handles?
I followed a dude that was on YouTube and adapted it to work for our application

I used 3"x 5/16-18 to fit through the slots.

Hope that helps!

Jeep Wrangler JL LOD Destroyer rear bumper / tire carrier IMG_9914

Jeep Wrangler JL LOD Destroyer rear bumper / tire carrier tempImageIDMtrG

Jeep Wrangler JL LOD Destroyer rear bumper / tire carrier tempImageM3nHnZ

Jeep Wrangler JL LOD Destroyer rear bumper / tire carrier tempImageOVcAil
Sponsored

mbaglole

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLRU
Curious, how did the wiring for the the rear plate go. Was it plug and play to the factory harness, or did it require cutting the factory harness?

Also, hard to tell in the picture, are the shackles 5/8 or 3/4? I know in the past with his signature series bumpers he was using the thinner shackle tabs, not sure if he's changed up his game.
I didn't have to do any cutting, it was mostly plug-and-play or swap cables (backup camera for example).

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...038-fishbone-offroad-3-4in-d-ring-shackle-red

They are the 3/4 inch - although, they are a bit wide.

Reactor111

First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
Got a new 392 and finally got the LOD Destroyer Bumpers installed. I had the same setup on my 2018 JLUR. Install was basically the same. The rear sensors were fine on the bumper install and when the tire was put on, the 2 outer sensors are in alarm. Iā€™ll try some adjusting in the coming days. Fit and finish were top notch. Very happy with the bumpers.

4B2ABD57-248F-4C93-898B-993380A2558E.jpeg

83413B01-D0E6-490A-B349-973314E32CFE.jpeg

Reactor111

First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
Got a new 392 and finally got the LOD Destroyer Bumpers installed. I had the same setup on my 2018 JLUR. Install was basically the same. The rear sensors were fine on the bumper install and when the tire was put on, the 2 outer sensors are in alarm. Iā€™ll try some adjusting in the coming days. Fit and finish were top notch. Very happy with the bumpers.

Jeep Wrangler JL LOD Destroyer rear bumper / tire carrier 83413B01-D0E6-490A-B349-973314E32CFE

Jeep Wrangler JL LOD Destroyer rear bumper / tire carrier 83413B01-D0E6-490A-B349-973314E32CFE
Rotated the driver side outer sensor and was able to get it to clear. No matter what I do to the pass outer, itā€™s in alarm. Center sensors seem to work fine. More work to do.

TJP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
How much did you have to rotate the sensor ? Im working on mine now too.

Can you post some additional pictures of the license plate bracket? Is that the lod?

Rotated the driver side outer sensor and was able to get it to clear. No matter what I do to the pass outer, itā€™s in alarm. Center sensors seem to work fine. More work to do.

Sponsored

Reactor111

First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
Rotated about 30 degrees clockwise. Still no luck on the pass outer. Yes, itā€™s the LOD tag bracket. All the wiring runs in the same path as the camera wire. Cheap LED tag light off Amazon. Used some quick disconnect plugs on the brake and tag light for taking the tire off.
Jeep Wrangler JL LOD Destroyer rear bumper / tire carrier C658F5AC-DD9F-479E-9596-7C064831A8EA
Jeep Wrangler JL LOD Destroyer rear bumper / tire carrier 1B2BC53B-26FE-4530-84DC-D7DC7D85C2AA

Last edited:

TJP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks looks awesome!!

Rotated about 30 degrees clockwise. Still no luck on the pass outer. Yes, itā€™s the LOD tag bracket. All the wiring runs in the same path as the camera wire. Cheap LED tag light off Amazon. Used sone quick disconnect plugs on the brake and tag light for taking the tire off.
Jeep Wrangler JL LOD Destroyer rear bumper / tire carrier 1B2BC53B-26FE-4530-84DC-D7DC7D85C2AA

xtremejoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
Rotated about 30 degrees clockwise. Still no luck on the pass outer. Yes, itā€™s the LOD tag bracket. All the wiring runs in the same path as the camera wire. Cheap LED tag light off Amazon. Used sone quick disconnect plugs on the brake and tag light for taking the tire off.
Nice job, I had to replace the LED that came with my original plate after only couple of months. Got some from Amazon that is working so far and they are black vs. silver, but I like your setup.
As an aside I have rotated my sensors every direction with no luck.

Doug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 69 firebird convertible
I purchased the rear bumper/tire carrier/rack/Jerry cans/led lights/bumper tag kit recently After being very happy with the LOD destroyer side steps. The install experience on this was completely different and downright maddening at times for anyone looking to do this themselves. Itā€™s not that its hard, its just that they make it 10x harder than it needs to be. I found myself searching old YouTube videos, partial instruction sheets on their website, etc. Just to have to say oh shit this would have been so much easier if I did this several steps back. Part of the problem is all instruction Sheets are individual and there is no master process to say if your installing this do it now. I basically put everything on and off at least twice. As for the hardware, just go buy stainless hardware instead of the cheap crap thats provided. I was missing the bumper bolts which brought the project to a screeching halt because I was installing it on Thanksgiving and nothing was open. Several of the washers had extrusions on them that would not let them sit flat and several bolts for the accessories were missing because they had broken open in the packaging and it looked like the rack was previously installed. I ordered the wiring kit they sell to hook up the rear led lights and not sure why this is even offered as its half the size it needs to be to even reach the battery so just made my own harness and put their kit on the shelf with other useless car parts Iā€™ve purchased over the years. As for the rack, no matter how I adjust it there is one bolt that wont line up so I just left it out (seems like the brackets are welded a little off on the arms but who knows). This could just be me, but I am not really sure why the bottom bearing could not be installed by them along with the seal. That was a PITA because I didnt notice the powder coating was thick in one spot and bent the seal after one whack on the board with the rubber mallet. Seeing as how I was about over this whole thing I just bent back the best I could and hammered it in and assume there will be some sort of ramification to that down the road. After spending almost $3k on this system Iā€™m happy with the product overall, but it has me questioning the whole front bumper setup I was getting ready to buy from them and will probably seek other options for less money. This is not meant to be a gripe session but more of an opportunity for them to get better if they read this and for people looking to install this themselves to hopefully save some time and aggravation.

Quality of product 10/10
Packaging 7/10 Only because it looks like my rack was installed previously as it has gouges in the paint and came rusty and several bolt packages were busted open and rattling around with the product.
Quality of instructions 1/10. This could of made the experience so much better
Quality of hardware 3/10.
Customer service 3/10. Phone call not returned, email not returned, second phone call gave incorrect information about their product but at least they picked up the phone.

Mark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I purchased the rear bumper/tire carrier/rack/Jerry cans/led lights/bumper tag kit recently After being very happy with the LOD destroyer side steps. The install experience on this was completely different and downright maddening at times for anyone looking to do this themselves. Itā€™s not that its hard, its just that they make it 10x harder than it needs to be. I found myself searching old YouTube videos, partial instruction sheets on their website, etc. Just to have to say oh shit this would have been so much easier if I did this several steps back. Part of the problem is all instruction Sheets are individual and there is no master process to say if your installing this do it now. I basically put everything on and off at least twice. As for the hardware, just go buy stainless hardware instead of the cheap crap thats provided. I was missing the bumper bolts which brought the project to a screeching halt because I was installing it on Thanksgiving and nothing was open. Several of the washers had extrusions on them that would not let them sit flat and several bolts for the accessories were missing because they had broken open in the packaging and it looked like the rack was previously installed. I ordered the wiring kit they sell to hook up the rear led lights and not sure why this is even offered as its half the size it needs to be to even reach the battery so just made my own harness and put their kit on the shelf with other useless car parts Iā€™ve purchased over the years. As for the rack, no matter how I adjust it there is one bolt that wont line up so I just left it out (seems like the brackets are welded a little off on the arms but who knows). This could just be me, but I am not really sure why the bottom bearing could not be installed by them along with the seal. That was a PITA because I didnt notice the powder coating was thick in one spot and bent the seal after one whack on the board with the rubber mallet. Seeing as how I was about over this whole thing I just bent back the best I could and hammered it in and assume there will be some sort of ramification to that down the road. After spending almost $3k on this system Iā€™m happy with the product overall, but it has me questioning the whole front bumper setup I was getting ready to buy from them and will probably seek other options for less money. This is not meant to be a gripe session but more of an opportunity for them to get better if they read this and for people looking to install this themselves to hopefully save some time and aggravation.

Quality of product 10/10
Packaging 7/10 Only because it looks like my rack was installed previously as it has gouges in the paint and came rusty and several bolt packages were busted open and rattling around with the product.
Quality of instructions 1/10. This could of made the experience so much better
Quality of hardware 3/10.
Customer service 3/10. Phone call not returned, email not returned, second phone call gave incorrect information about their product but at least they picked up the phone.
I have their rear bumper with tire carrier and rack. For the life of me I couldnā€™t get that last bolt in. now I canā€™t get the Rack to stop making noise over every bump. I love the looks and functionality but wish a few Of these things were a little better

Sponsored

Doug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 69 firebird convertible
I have their rear bumper with tire carrier and rack. For the life of me I couldnā€™t get that last bolt in. now I canā€™t get the Rack to stop making noise over every bump. I love the looks and functionality but wish a few Of these things were a little better
Are you sure its the rack that is rattling and not the carrier itself? I spent what seemed like two hours just adjusting it to make sure it wouldnā€˜t rattle. I did put lock nuts on all bolts, so check to see if any of them loosened up. I get what looks like a lot of vibration on the Jerry cans and rack when I look out the rear view mirror, but I canā€™t hear any rattles thank god.

efitzger

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Adjust those rubber screw out stops so they smoosh hard whenever you close the tailgate/carrier. Had the same rattling issue and thatā€™s all it was.

Mark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Are you sure its the rack that is rattling and not the carrier itself? I spent what seemed like two hours just adjusting it to make sure it wouldnā€˜t rattle. I did put lock nuts on all bolts, so check to see if any of them loosened up. I get what looks like a lot of vibration on the Jerry cans and rack when I look out the rear view mirror, but I canā€™t hear any rattles thank god.
It may be that Iā€™ll double check

Reactor111

First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
Quick update on the rear sensor that I was having trouble with. The passenger side outer would not stop alarming and I just gave up and turned the system off. A few weeks later I had to replace the backup light in the passenger side panel in the destroyer bumper. Completed the work, put the light back into place and I have not had more than a couple false alarms since. I have no earthly idea how the work I did beside the sensor in question affected it, but something changed. Maybe something near the back side of the sensor changed and had some affect? Wiring, etc. Either way all seems well now. In the past month, Iā€™ve maybe had 2 times that the sensor gave an alarm.

bugnuker

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Buick Skylark
Please contact us if you are experiencing problems with Park Sense. We are keeping a list of people who are having problems, we have a potential solution in the works, to adjust the sensors.
What is this solution? My passenger side is triggering on my 2024, even without the tire on. The Jeep just disables the parking sensors after 10 to 15 seconds of constant alerting.

Also, I'm having trouble trying to get the camera relocation kit wired up cleanly. Do you have any install videos for the camera relocation kit?

Thanks!
Sponsored