Sponsored

LOD Destroyer rear bumper / tire carrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Looking at the problem, could you just take off the part on the bumper and place further around the arc and drill a new hole for that piece? That may give you the travel without grinding/cutting the tire carrier part. Not a perfect solution, but may work.
Good call on that, didn't think about drilling a new hole in the bumper. I'll look at that.
Sponsored

desert runner

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR MetalCloak 2.5F/3.5R, LoD Bumper/Carrier.
I’ve updated my setup with quick fist fasteners. They lock the bike up high so it does not interfere with the escape angle of the Jeep. The Jeep remains off-road capable even while carrying a mountain bike.
Bumper and tire carrier by LoD. LoD also custom fabricated the bike carrier arms.

EA961A0A-DDB4-46AE-A74F-4EB4CC2F2F46.jpeg

DXvnpX_EiN3EOscKN7h02TEzk9veQ4Bd9A5YUq5Gk5Vv0vWDjlcc4pLu1lvc_t95EtVJ3K7vSx7UCkp_kyw=w703-h937-no.jpg

mCAsKcHgkQt3Wa6sgxzSX3wpR0joRlDNCQwLSD3wwZzgpbQTunwiym-ni6NjQEwsCfd1djjcRAZJ572q6AA=w703-h937-no.jpg

zEosewDPdfT9vvVO65PgE0_U_oQreswEKko-P2fY1Cz66jQzvmJgITmpc90MaQIUB3psGCizXNRa0O3rnw=w1250-h937-no.jpg

Last edited:

jhernandez

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JEEP WRANGLER SPORTS UNLIMITED 3.6 4 DOORS JL
LOD said they would not reimburse me for having it fixed or replaced the tire carrier since they deem the swing stop a "minor feature" that does not inhibit the ability to use the tire carrier.

So basically I'm stuck with taking the swing stop off and either never separating the tailgate and tire carrier, or if I do being very careful to not let the tire carrier swing open and slam into the car.

Did lod help you at all to replace your lod tire carrier? Like to if they replace it cause i'm about this lod tire carrier with rear bumper please reply asap thanks.

jhernandez

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve updated my setup with quick fist fasteners. They lock the bike up high so it does not interfere with the escape angle of the Jeep. The Jeep remains off-road capable even while carrying a mountain bike.
Bumper and tire carrier by LoD. LoD also custom fabricated the bike carrier arms.

EA961A0A-DDB4-46AE-A74F-4EB4CC2F2F46.jpeg

DXvnpX_EiN3EOscKN7h02TEzk9veQ4Bd9A5YUq5Gk5Vv0vWDjlcc4pLu1lvc_t95EtVJ3K7vSx7UCkp_kyw=w703-h937-no.jpg

mCAsKcHgkQt3Wa6sgxzSX3wpR0joRlDNCQwLSD3wwZzgpbQTunwiym-ni6NjQEwsCfd1djjcRAZJ572q6AA=w703-h937-no.jpg

zEosewDPdfT9vvVO65PgE0_U_oQreswEKko-P2fY1Cz66jQzvmJgITmpc90MaQIUB3psGCizXNRa0O3rnw=w1250-h937-no.jpg

After installing your full width lod rear bumper with swing tire carrier, do hear any sounds like clunking or vibration or hitting a bump while driving? Also when you open the tailgate door, does it feel like stock heavy? Can you do a full demonstration when you open the tailgate door and separate the swing tire carrier from the tailgate door? Just want to see if they make noises when you separate the swing tire carrier if they make any noise. Also open the tailgate door with swing tire carrier all the way where hit the stopper for the swing tire carrier just want to see how far they open thanks.

Sponsored

benb

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport-S-KIA; 2020 JLU Rubicon
Does anybody have dimensions for the trail basket? I wanted to get an idea what I might be able to fit in it before I ordered one.

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
Hi Benb, take a look at our website, there should be dimensions in one of the pictures.

ScubaSigGuy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JlUR, 2018 Raptor, 2018 GT350R, 2015 BMW 1200GS Adventure
LOD said they would not reimburse me for having it fixed or replaced the tire carrier since they deem the swing stop a "minor feature" that does not inhibit the ability to use the tire carrier.

So basically I'm stuck with taking the swing stop off and either never separating the tailgate and tire carrier, or if I do being very careful to not let the tire carrier swing open and slam into the car.
This locks it up for me. I would never do business with a company with such poor customer service.

jhernandez

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This locks it up for me. I would never do business with a company with such poor customer service.
I reach out to lod yesterday 4-28-20 and they said they are contacting you to replace your lod swing tire carrier, but they told me that you never return there message, is this true? Only reason i call them is i'm about to buy this lod full width rear bumper with tire carrier and i told if something wrong with the tire carrier like yours that they will replace it and they said yes any problem just call them and they will take care of it. So did you ever get back with with lod to get your replacement and when did you buy them?

Sponsored

desert runner

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR MetalCloak 2.5F/3.5R, LoD Bumper/Carrier.
After installing your full width lod rear bumper with swing tire carrier, do hear any sounds like clunking or vibration or hitting a bump while driving? Also when you open the tailgate door, does it feel like stock heavy? Can you do a full demonstration when you open the tailgate door and separate the swing tire carrier from the tailgate door? Just want to see if they make noises when you separate the swing tire carrier if they make any noise. Also open the tailgate door with swing tire carrier all the way where hit the stopper for the swing tire carrier just want to see how far they open thanks.
You can find a complete video here:https://lodoffroad.com/products/jee...ull-width-rear-bumper-w-tire-carrier-new.html, I also posted a fairly detailed review earlier in this thread. I have taken my rig over some rough spots and while there was plenty of noise, none came from the bumper or tire carrier. The swing-out uses oversized ball bearings and works like butter. Of course with a big tire, full fuel cans and a mountain bike, it will feel heavy when you open. So if you open while not on a flat surface you want to be careful.

Last edited:

TJP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I reach out to lod yesterday 4-28-20 and they said they are contacting you to replace your lod swing tire carrier, but they told me that you never return there message, is this true? Only reason i call them is i'm about to buy this lod full width rear bumper with tire carrier and i told if something wrong with the tire carrier like yours that they will replace it and they said yes any problem just call them and they will take care of it. So did you ever get back with with lod to get your replacement and when did you buy them?
did you buy the carrier yet? I’m on the fence w one now just a lot to do for full install..... need time to do it.

ScubaSigGuy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JlUR, 2018 Raptor, 2018 GT350R, 2015 BMW 1200GS Adventure

You got the wrong guy here. I'm not the OP.

Griff71

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLUR
I just finished my install, highly recommend it if you are on the fence. It took me about a week to install:
- Ordered more tools
- Waiting on more parts
- Warmer weather

Everything installed as expected and all notches are where they should be (swing arm notch). I do need to play around with the positioning of the sensors as the outer sensors are triggering immediately. The sensors are sitting loosely but plan on putting in a rubber spacer to tighten up the fit.
F80C446B-B9FC-4075-8F71-327A5B37483E_1_201_a.jpeg

jhernandez

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just finished my install, highly recommend it if you are on the fence. It took me about a week to install:
- Ordered more tools
- Waiting on more parts
- Warmer weather

Everything installed as expected and all notches are where they should be (swing arm notch). I do need to play around with the positioning of the sensors as the outer sensors are triggering immediately. The sensors are sitting loosely but plan on putting in a rubber spacer to tighten up the fit.
F80C446B-B9FC-4075-8F71-327A5B37483E_1_201_a.jpeg
Sponsored