LOD Destroyer rear bumper / tire carrier

tjeeper

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 TJ, '24 392
I just installed the destroyer series bumpers and I am having a problem with my driver side parking sensor. If there is any solutions on how to fix this I would greatly appreciate help.
I have not heard any updates since they posted their video. I'm guessing they have given up.

Mine has not worked since I installed it 11 months ago. At first it was the passenger and center sensors activating. I pulled them out and reinstalled them (but didn't actually change anything). The passenger ones seem to be working, as in they don't alarm, but the center ones are still alarming. I think it is picking up the spare tire because the alarm is a solid red.

Whenever I read a post asking opinions about LoD's rear bumper, I tell them my experience. They came out with a product that does not work, made promises they would fix it, then left the customers who purchased their very expensive system high and dry.

If they come out with a fix I will be happy to change my recommendation. Otherwise I suspect I have cost them a couple of customers at least- not that they really care considering their sales don't seem to be slowing down.
Sponsored

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
This is the first I've heard of sensor issues with the stock tire. It seems most 37" tires have issues with the sensors on our bumper, and its hit or miss with the 35" tires.

Bossrubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlur, 1950 m38
I'm interested in seeing some pics of the shorty version. I think I'm going to get one or other. I have the destroyer front stubby and love it.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
This is the first I've heard of sensor issues with the stock tire. It seems most 37" tires have issues with the sensors on our bumper, and its hit or miss with the 35" tires.
35” miss here. Only complaint I have about all my LOD stuff. Love it all. It would be epic if my sensors worked and I did not have to bypass them.

Sponsored

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR, 2007 Yamaha R6
Mine finally shipped and should be coming in this upcoming Monday. Any install tips greatly welcome, while j look over install instructions, videos, write ups.

P.s. I'm also receiving their destroyer shorty front bumper with stinger this Friday, so install day Saturday!!!

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
Mine finally shipped and should be coming in this upcoming Monday. Any install tips greatly welcome, while j look over install instructions, videos, write ups.

P.s. I'm also receiving their destroyer shorty front bumper with stinger this Friday, so install day Saturday!!!
That's awesome! Take your time, get a helper, and call us if you have any questions! Send us pics when your done!

wrangler-rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Ditto, inside driver and passenger both trip. I am running 35x12.5 MT3s on AEV Borah wheels one away from the highest setting for the spare mount.... pretty much accepting that LOD can’t fix this one..... Love the product, feel it one of the best on the market just wish they better anticipated and rectified this issue out the door. But I too have the issue if this is still being tracked. Sometimes it’s fine most times it is not.

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's awesome! Take your time, get a helper, and call us if you have any questions! Send us pics when your done!
Tire carrier doesn't arrive till tomorrow, but got the front bumper done yesterday and it's fabulous! I do have a curiosity question, why is the stinger on the signature series taller than the Destroyer series?

wY7oIyo.jpg

LPrA8Rn.jpg

GcCpazx.jpg

STq3SzJ.jpg

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
:rock:
Tire carrier doesn't arrive till tomorrow, but got the front bumper done yesterday and it's fabulous! I do have a curiosity question, why is the stinger on the signature series taller than the Destroyer series?

wY7oIyo.jpg

LPrA8Rn.jpg

GcCpazx.jpg

STq3SzJ.jpg
Such a bad ass Jeep! The red in your wheels really bring out the hellish nature of the LOD Stinger! I'll be posting these on our sites if you done mind!:rock:

Sponsored

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
:rock:
Such a bad ass Jeep! The red in your wheels really bring out the hellish nature of the LOD Stinger! I'll be posting these on our sites if you done mind!:rock:
Not at all! I'll post more when I get the tire carrier installed! Thanks for your kind words!

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
Made a switch to getting this front/rear bumper set. However, the sensors are a deal breaker for me. Cannot invest in this if they will (or good chance they will) not work. Need to go with something reliable.

Glen722

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Rubicon JLU
Clubs

Made a switch to getting this front/rear bumper set. However, the sensors are a deal breaker for me. Cannot invest in this if they will (or good chance they will) not work. Need to go with something reliable.
LOD, will you please review and comment on this YouTube video by Platinum Off Road showing a possible fix for the sensor issue?
They're in Texas but if my rear LOD Destroyer bumper gives me sensor problems, I might take a road trip.

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
The fix being rotating the sensors, or using the plastic bezels? I would say give it a shot either way, but I dont think the bezels will fit in the Destroyer bumpers.

Glen722

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Rubicon JLU
Clubs

The fix being rotating the sensors, or using the plastic bezels? I would say give it a shot either way, but I dont think the bezels will fit in the Destroyer bumpers.
I really hope you call them and talk with them as I did. They were very clever in cutting a small notch in the plastic bezel to rotate it so the sensor would be angled so it did not interfere with the spare tire. They are an off road shop that had one customer with the issue and solved it. You are a large manufacturer with lots of customers having the same issue. I sincerely hope you call them and try the path they used to find solution. If you need to borrow a Jeep to experiment, you might ask forum members to borrow their Jeep--other manufacturers have done this with success. Thank you for responding.
Sponsored