Cavalier

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Hi Cavalier,
Sorry for the difficulties, and the missing parts. We work very hard to make sure our products are delivered undamaged, correct and complete. Give us a call when you get a chance so we can get this sorted out for you!
Hi Cavalier,
Sorry for the difficulties, and the missing parts. We work very hard to make sure our products are delivered undamaged, correct and complete. Give us a call when you get a chance so we can get this sorted out for you!
Well this is embarrassing. Gave LOD a call today and explained about the missing part. The very nice lady suggested that I pull all of the foam out as the tire carrier plate assembly is used as a stabilizer for the bumper. So I did that and guess what I found. Another box. Doh!!
Sponsored

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
Well this is embarrassing. Gave LOD a call today and explained about the missing part. The very nice lady suggested that I pull all of the foam out as the tire carrier plate assembly is used as a stabilizer for the bumper. So I did that and guess what I found. Another box. Doh!!
That's good news! Feel free to give us a call if you run into trouble during the install!

Sssuperdave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 392, 69 SS/RS Camaro, 2023Yukon
Hi SSSuperdave, sorry must have missed this post. Did you get your camera working again? Feel free to give us a call if you are still having trouble!
I found the problem to be with one of the connections on the Jeep side. I undoubtedly must have pulled the wire instead of the connection. I took it apart and found a metal connection floating so I put it where I thought it might go and it worked! I will post some pictures next week.

Thanks for checking.

wrangler-rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Hopeful for a long term review on the LOD destroyer and carrier. Folks running 35s, are you finding variable performance of your backup sensors? Any gripes in particular? I have their sliders and love them thoroughly, I am now thinking longer term and candidly considering both this setup and the JCR one but would like to retain functionality of both my backup cam and sensors. Thanks in advance folks!

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
I have a couple of questions for anyone who owns the bumper and tire carrier combo. (Or maybe @lodoffroad can answer). I already have the stubby front bumper and sliders, so I know I want the rear bumper.

Is there any way to add the tire carrier later, or does it have to be bought as a combo with the rear bumper? (From what I can see, it has to be purchased as the combo, but I don't *need* the tire carrier just yet.)

What options do I NEED to make this work as it should? In my cart, I have the 3rd brake light mount and the camera relocation kit. Do I need those options if I have the stock Rubicon wheels and tires still, or are they only needed when I go bigger? If they are only needed for bigger tires/wheels, how much bigger before they are necessary? Also, how much of a massive pain in the ass is it to add those options after the fact if I don't just get them to start?

Thanks so much.

Sponsored

efitzger

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Hopeful for a long term review on the LOD destroyer and carrier. Folks running 35s, are you finding variable performance of your backup sensors? Any gripes in particular? I have their sliders and love them thoroughly, I am now thinking longer term and candidly considering both this setup and the JCR one but would like to retain functionality of both my backup cam and sensors. Thanks in advance folks!
I run 37” cooper stt pros and my lod destroyer tire carrier handles the spare with ease. Backup cam is flawless with their mount kit and I have my license plate mounted on the spare with their bracket as well. Overall I love mine!! Super high build quality and I think it’s the best looking full width rear bumper out there. I get tons of compliments.
My sensors are sporadic but I don’t particularly care. I’ll snap some photos later today. One thing I’ll add is I put some loctite on the adjustable rubber bumpers bc they keep backing out otherwise.

wrangler-rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I run 37” cooper stt pros and my lod destroyer tire carrier handles the spare with ease. Backup cam is flawless with their mount kit and I have my license plate mounted on the spare with their bracket as well. Overall I love mine!! Super high build quality and I think it’s the best looking full width rear bumper out there. I get tons of compliments.
My sensors are sporadic but I don’t particularly care. I’ll snap some photos later today. One thing I’ll add is I put some loctite on the adjustable rubber bumpers bc they keep backing out otherwise.
Thanks so much for the info! Love my LOD rails, but also my backup sensors and fear the headache of constant false alarms. Hoping mounting the carrier as high as possible might keep 35s enough away that the sensors remain un-phased. Thanks again!

wrangler-rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I have a couple of questions for anyone who owns the bumper and tire carrier combo. (Or maybe @lodoffroad can answer). I already have the stubby front bumper and sliders, so I know I want the rear bumper.

Is there any way to add the tire carrier later, or does it have to be bought as a combo with the rear bumper? (From what I can see, it has to be purchased as the combo, but I don't *need* the tire carrier just yet.)

What options do I NEED to make this work as it should? In my cart, I have the 3rd brake light mount and the camera relocation kit. Do I need those options if I have the stock Rubicon wheels and tires still, or are they only needed when I go bigger? If they are only needed for bigger tires/wheels, how much bigger before they are necessary? Also, how much of a massive pain in the ass is it to add those options after the fact if I don't just get them to start?

Thanks so much.
I DO NOT have this setup yet but have looked at it for quite sometime. According to the manual it appears the combo Has a bearing spindle integrated which does not look to be “add-able” later. IE you may want to go with the whole shebang now and add optional accessories later but minimally go bumper and carrier to start. (Plus necessary relocation crap)

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU

Thanks so much.

Thanks so much.
Hi Mall R8D,
Just so you know, our Destroyer bumper tire carriers are built as a match set. This means you cannot upgrade you bumper only to a tire carrier at a later time. You would need to purchase the bumper tire carrier up front. Also all of our options , are just that, options. However I would recommend at least the 3rd brake light kit, camera relocation kit and a license plate relocation kit, unless you have other brands in mind for those options.

Feel free to give us a call and we can help you understand all the available options and get you hooked up with a qoute!

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi Mall R8D,
Just so you know, our Destroyer bumper tire carriers are built as a match set. This means you cannot upgrade you bumper only to a tire carrier at a later time. You would need to purchase the bumper tire carrier up front. Also all of our options , are just that, options. However I would recommend at least the 3rd brake light kit, camera relocation kit and a license plate relocation kit, unless you have other brands in mind for those options.

Feel free to give us a call and we can help you understand all the available options and get you hooked up with a qoute!
I just wasn't sure if the existing camera and brake light set up would work with the new bumper and carrier. I didn't have any alternative I preferred so it looks like I will be adding to my LOD Offroad collection. Thank you.

Sponsored

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
Hi,
So if you go with the bumper and tire carrier both the brake light and camera would need to be relocated. If you with just the bumper they do not have to be moved.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
I have had the bumper and carrier for quite some time. Yes the back up sensors do not work. They maybe sometimes worked with the stock tire but not well enough so I always had to just turn them off. Just mounted the 35 and it now never works.

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi,
So if you go with the bumper and tire carrier both the brake light and camera would need to be relocated. If you with just the bumper they do not have to be moved.
I just ordered my bumper and tire carrier (and camera relocation, license plate kit, and brake light kit). Thank you again!

desert runner

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR MetalCloak 2.5F/3.5R, LoD Bumper/Carrier.
Hi,
Not all states require a third brake light. Eg. in Colorado, it must be working if it is installed, but it is not required. I figured the two bright LED back lights are enough, and I think it looks better without the third anyway.

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not all states require a third brake light. Eg. in Colorado, it must be working if it is installed, but it is not required. I figured the two bright LED back lights are enough, and I think it looks better without the third anyway.
LOL, the only accidents I have been in over the past 20 years were both when someone rear ended me. I have FOUR brake lights now. :rock:

IMG_20180623_203945_582.jpg
Sponsored