Sponsored

LOD destroyer rear bumper and tire carrier vs Warn elite rear bumper and tire carrier.

Jeepjunkie

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I have the LOD destroyer rear bumper, and i do believe it is a great investment for rear protection and a great tire carrier. The trailer wiring from the stock bumper attaches in the same location with a great steel mounting bracket.
20190319_151909.jpg
20190319_151909.jpg
20190319_151555.jpg
20190319_151604.jpg
Looks great. I’ve damaged my stock rear bumper wheeling & I might have to add the destroyer rear bumper to match my destroyer front bumper.
Sponsored

ForceFed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK 2-door, JLUR
Well I went ahead and just went with the Destroyer full width. With horizontal hi lift mounts camera relocation, standard tag relocation and light. Couldn’t pass on10% off and the flexibility. It looks good enough with the extra flexibility over the warn
Congrats. I ended up doing the same thing as I was waiting for someone to have a sale. Been driving around without a spare for a little too long. Should be here in a couple of days...can't wait.

efitzger

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I've got the LOD Destroyer full width Tire Carrier w/ Jerry can mount and it's a great bumper/carrier combo. It's super well built and protects the Rubicon's sheet metal well (I've landed on the bumper a couple of times dropping a ledge with no damage at all). These guys make rock solid products that also look awesome (I've gotten several compliments in parking lots). My only tiny complaint is that it rattles a bit too much on bumpy/dirt roads (where the carrier attaches to the tailgate so they open together there's a metal on metal contact point that rattles and sometimes drives me nuts). Not a huge deal, but I've tried everything to remedy it to no avail so instead I just turn the music up!

IMG_3233.JPG

IMG_3238.JPG

IMG_3235.JPG

OP
OP
Dirt Tiger

Dirt Tiger

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU rubicon
I ended up going with the LOD destroyer full width because of all of the extra capabilities. Got it installed just before a trip to TN last weekend. I need to do some adjusting on it because it a a little rattle on the trail but so far it is solid. I can’t wait to get some of the accessories put on as well. I will have to get some pictures of the bumper on but this was a pic from nemos tunnel.

EECE6130-B937-45AD-8D69-D9DF379E842C.jpeg

Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350

VividRacing

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon
I have the Warn Elite Rear Bumper with Tire carrier and love it! Great qaulity. Warn, being who they are, has some great manufacturing facilities here in the states and their bumpers have almost OEM quality, fit, and finish.

I also have the LOD rock sliders and can attest to how great the quality is on those, so without any first hand experience, I would say you can't go wrong with either.

EKaHBLBUwAA01nP.jpg

Cheers!

Jon

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

I have the Warn Elite Rear Bumper with Tire carrier and love it! Great qaulity. Warn, being who they are, has some great manufacturing facilities here in the states and their bumpers have almost OEM quality, fit, and finish.

I also have the LOD rock sliders and can attest to how great the quality is on those, so without any first hand experience, I would say you can't go wrong with either.

EKaHBLBUwAA01nP.jpg

Cheers!

Jon
Does it rattle at all like the LoD?

Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks Awesome! Would love to get some full size images to add to our website!
Had a buddy take some nice pics, I’ll shoot them over to y’all soon. Customer loves it

Brett

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I haven’t received any rattling complaints from any of the LoD stuff we’ve installed. What was going on with yours?

Brett

wyobob44

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL 2.0 , 17 Indian Chieftain, 12 Ford F-350 Dually 4X4, 74 Jeep Wangoneer
Occupation
Retired
i believe the rattling is coming from improper adjustment with the rubber bumpers, i took a few extra minutes when i adjusted my stop bumpers, and when i close my rear door, there is zero movement of the rear tire carrier. If i remember correctly the instructions spelled out the adjustment very precise , i have over 8,000 miles on mine and still no rattle. just my 2 sense..

VividRacing

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon
No rattling at all with the WARN. However with my LOD rock rails I have never had any issues with those at all. Very high quality from both LOD and WARN!
Sponsored