Status
Not open for further replies.

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
Hello readers,

Want to take bikes on your trip? Not sure how to attach them? Don't want to use a sketchy hitch-mounted carrier? We have developed, and will soon be releasing, an add-on bike rack for those of you who wish to stay mobile, and take your bike on your adventures! It holds two bikes comfortably, and attaches securely and conveniently to the Destroyer tire carrier trail rack setup. It allows you to carry everything you normally would, but with two bikes added into the mix, and allows the user to operate the tailgate without having to remove anything off the back.

DSC04527.jpg

DSC04535.jpg

Open.JPG
Sponsored

desert runner

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR MetalCloak 2.5F/3.5R, LoD Bumper/Carrier.
Hi @lodoffroad, I'm wondering whether you have an update on this?

I have the Destroyer full-width bumper plus tire carrier installed and would like to add a bike carrier to it.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I guess that I am now curious as to what LOD considers “sketchy” about hitch mounted carriers.

desert runner

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I guess that I am now curious as to what LOD considers “sketchy” about hitch mounted carriers.
I would not know.

What I don't like about hitch based bike carriers is that they impact your departure angle and block your tailgate.

jhonn236_AZ

First Name
Jhonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sting Gray Rubicon
holy $%$%@ batman - $1,500 just for the bumper + all the add-ons gets pricey really quick!!! Hard pass for me - I'd rather save that money for the sliding roof rack.

@lodoffroad Any plans on making a trail rack that fits the factory steel bumper?

Sponsored

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
You guys have this available yet?

desert runner

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
holy $%$%@ batman - $1,500 just for the bumper + all the add-ons gets pricey really quick!!! Hard pass for me - I'd rather save that money for the sliding roof rack.

@lodoffroad Any plans on making a trail rack that fits the factory steel bumper?
$819 for the bumper actually. $1500 includes the tire carrier. Not cheap to own a Jeep.

OP
OP
lodoffroad

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU

No plans at the moment.

OP
OP
lodoffroad

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
Hi @lodoffroad, I'm wondering whether you have an update on this?

I have the Destroyer full-width bumper plus tire carrier installed and would like to add a bike carrier to it.
Its still in the works, just postponed due to other projects. We hope to have this available later this summer.

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
Its still in the works, just postponed due to other projects. We hope to have this available later this summer.
Please PM when available and I’ll order one for my destroyer

Sponsored

desert runner

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Even though LOD have not put out their new bike carrier yet, they were nice enough to custom build a single-bike-carrier for me. Basically it was a simple modification of the arms to their trail basket kit. All I added were the rubber bike mounts.
I like this setup because
  • I can open the tailgate with the bike on
  • The whole thing fits into my garage, so I don't have to take it on and off
F71iRP4wA6oTy3AxuLluRrIpLI7V_ZDMJDagDDpdip72V6wnwRvJSfR5CSmaZeAUqOuL9jEt_TAo_VP0AfC=w703-h937-no.jpg

NeYPbdlqE5TckwcBqKAVf51YhqlezDnP-_33EdUy_6HiikaXY75_khPDt3TSzSqqqVBINaK8xDDygnyzZrP=w703-h937-no.jpg

DQ-kM4eoQ55aQMNAkx1gaaOVPOrwij6PLoCDBdR6tuQfl7-szF1YPxdIX4HSL8KzfVseHZavuuCfTvQ5x7t=w703-h937-no.jpg

Last edited:

jhonn236_AZ

First Name
Jhonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Even though LOD have not put out their new bike carrier yet, they were nice enough to custom build a single bike carrier for me. Basically it was a simple modification of the arms to their trail basket kit. All I added were the rubber bike mounts.
I like this setup because
  • I can open the tailgate with the bike on
  • The whole thing fits into my garage, so I don't have to take it on and off
F71iRP4wA6oTy3AxuLluRrIpLI7V_ZDMJDagDDpdip72V6wnwRvJSfR5CSmaZeAUqOuL9jEt_TAo_VP0AfC=w703-h937-no.jpg

NeYPbdlqE5TckwcBqKAVf51YhqlezDnP-_33EdUy_6HiikaXY75_khPDt3TSzSqqqVBINaK8xDDygnyzZrP=w703-h937-no.jpg

DQ-kM4eoQ55aQMNAkx1gaaOVPOrwij6PLoCDBdR6tuQfl7-szF1YPxdIX4HSL8KzfVseHZavuuCfTvQ5x7t=w703-h937-no.jpg
looks awesome! how is the tailgate holding on all that extra weight?

desert runner

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have been offroading with two Jerry Cans and a Jack attached to the swing-out carrier without any issues. The bike is much lighter than those. In fact, I would not hesitate to mount the bike AND the Jerry Cans and go offroading. The LOD bumper / tire carrier is built like a tank.

jhonn236_AZ

First Name
Jhonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have been offroading with two Jerry Cans and a Jack attached to the swing-out carrier without any issues. The bike is much lighter than those. In fact, I would not hesitate to mount the bike AND the Jerry Cans and go offroading. The LOD bumper / tire carrier is built like a tank.
hard to tell from the pictures, but kinda looks like you have a swing tailgate that (I think) its holding all the extra weight, and not the actual Jeep's tailgate. If you do not, I still think it's way too heavy without a reinforcement. Nonetheless, looks great!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.