Status
Not open for further replies.

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
Hello readers,

We have developed, and will soon be releasing, an add-on bike rack for those of you who wish to stay mobile, and take your bike on your adventures! It holds two bikes comfortably, and attaches securely and conveniently to the Destroyer tire carrier trail rack setup. It allows you to carry everything you normally would, but with two bikes added into the mix, and allows the user to operate the tailgate without having to remove anything off the back.

DSC04527.jpg

DSC04535.jpg

Open.JPG
Sponsored

NathanG

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
That style carrier with the two arms is a poor design. Most new mountain bike frames have narrow frame openings and will not fit easily on that , plus they are unstable and swing back and forth.

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
That style carrier with the two arms is a poor design. Most new mountain bike frames have narrow frame openings and will not fit easily on that , plus they are unstable and swing back and forth.
So you preordered?

NathanG

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
<-----Yo look at my profile pic I love my LOD Dominator front bumper. Its the one to get. But as a cyclist I will call out low quality design as I see it. I mean if you already have their cool rear bumper, dont care about your bike, OK this the rack for you.

But if you have the best of the best, there is only one choice on the market. 1upusa bike racks are it. They are super light and easy to manage, fold in half, totally modular/ expandable. You can run one bike or four, your choice. All alloy / metal construction, easy to install. Expensive? Didn't you just buy a 1500$ bumper?

LOD is a great company, they make quality made in USA, well built stuff. But this isn't a good bike rack for any serious cyclist. Before anyone gets mad just realize this is whats called feedback. One customers opinion. Worth what you paid for it.

LOD: Yo give 1upusa a call and make a mount for their arm system. They sell just the arms that you can flat mount to a plate etc. Make a little adaptor for this and you have a good modular, expandable system that is also lightweight. Also I love you.

https://www.1up-usa.com/products/

Roof-Rack-Silver-display-1024x683.jpg

1Up-Quick-Hitch-1.jpg
p-wrangler-attachment-d-best-bike-rack-for-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-thule-bike-rack-jeep-wrangler.jpg
1up.jpg
IMG_1505.jpg
1096485d1475001306-1up-bike-rack-hitch-extender_3.jpg

Brew211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURM, Tundra, 2022 JLU 392 XR
Vehicle Showcase
I hate to say it because LOD is by far my favorite, but I agree with @NathanG . That dual bar tire carrier is the worst design for the modern day mountain bike. 1up is the best but really any hitch mount tray wheel carrier is what most riders go with. If LOD could design a receiver than could open with the tire, that would be a home run.

OP
OP
lodoffroad

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
We hear ya, and that's a great idea!

This bike rack is intended to be an add on option for all of our JK and JL owners that currently run with the trail rack and have the need to carry a couple bikes. No additional hardware or modification is needed! And since the bike rack is connected to our tire carrier, there is no need to remove the bikes when opening the tail gate! We know there are a lot of varieties of bikes out there, and this style may not work for all, but many older bikes and even some newer bikes are still built with the traditional triangular frame. Hopefully this bike rack can fulfill a need for some without having to break the bank on a stand alone bike carrier.

Keep your eyes peeled, you may see other options in the future! ;)
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.