Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Looking for a stay in place locking lid for my cargo storage area. Suggestions?
Sponsored

Spohndre

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.phillipspohnphotography.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JL Sport S 2dr
This company makes locking storage for JL, (with or without the back seat) and JLU.
I do need my back seat once in a while so I got the one that is specific for that.
Seems secure enough that I'll leave my cameras in there.

https://shop.diabolicalinc.com/collections/jl-collection

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
tuffy security makes some nice boxes for the wranglers. the tailgate locker are nice and can store stuff. i dont have one yet, but its on my list. i would like to see one in person to see if theres any lost space in the cargo area with the back seat up. the other tuffy box i like would take up the entire cargo area. so you would loose the back seat. eventho i'm the only person in the jl. i'm not ready to loose the back seat just yet. my brother had one in his tj and its a beast of a box, well secured.

flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Door JL Sport, former '80 CJ-5 and '99 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Had the same question a few months ago and installed the Tuffy security deck with zero issues (see photos in the thread):

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/tuffy-deck-enclosure-for-2-door.90716/#post-1930534

Works like a champ, decent value, and easy to install, but you have to remove your rear seat. Mine was out within an hour after taking her home from the dealership and I will probably never put it back in. I realize your use case might be different, but just thought this might help with your decision. Best of luck and happy Jeepin'!

Sponsored

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
I have the Tuffy tailgate box that is attached to the tailgate. It still leaves room for the soft window bag behind the rear seat when closed. When i need more room the seat either gets tumbled up or comes out. I do use my rear seat though so it was the best choice for securing anything valuable.