Sponsored

Locking gas cap suggestions and anyone use their engine block heater?

Hearhear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, 392 XR Wrangler
Haven’t received my 392 yet, still being built, but I understand it doesn’t come with a locking gas cap. That worries me because any moron could come along and dump sand in your tank. Any suggestions for a locking gas cap or door?

Also- anyone use their engine block heater? What would be the temp threshold to do so?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Levin_tom

First Name
Tomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Haven’t received my 392 yet, still being built, but I understand it doesn’t come with a locking gas cap. That worries me because any moron could come along and dump sand in your tank. Any suggestions for a locking gas cap or door?

Also- anyone use their engine block heater? What would be the temp threshold to do so?

Thanks!
https://www.quadratec.com/products/15006_07.htm

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
For my 3.0L

20210926_175657.jpg

Left Field

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 RS-SS Camaro, 2021 JLUR392
Regarding using the engine block heater, perhaps two scenarios:

1) If the only concern is getting it to start:
With a battery in decent condition I doubt you will have any starting problems on the 392 V8 until well below 0F. The diesel (JLURD) would be much more likely to complain at cold temperatures, and the 32F guidance for it seems pretty reasonable

2) Comfort: Using the block heater means that the engine is warm - and that the heater & defrost works quickly following startup rather than after a protracted cold weather warm-up.

Sponsored

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Go the the Bolt brand Locking gas cap, and Hood Lock use your door lock key, and are well worth the price.
Peace of Mind Insurance.

Abramovich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S (Chief) and 2022 Willys XR (Gobi) ord
Occupation
Retired
Go the the Bolt brand Locking gas cap, and Hood Lock use your door lock key, and are well worth the price.
Peace of Mind Insurance.
I never knew Bolt made a locking gas cap. And I dont see them on their website. Where did you see it?

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
I never knew Bolt made a locking gas cap. And I dont see them on their website. Where did you see it?
I just ordered a Mopar locking gas cap from Quadratec . $97 looks like it will be a bit of a PITA to key to your key but my locksmith said he would do it

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Not Bolt gas cap, yet . Mopar that you have to key DiY. My error
I bought a locking cap that uses a separate key, under $20, well worth the $

Hercules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ram 2500 Longhorn, 2022 JLURD
I just ordered a Mopar locking gas cap from Quadratec . $97 looks like it will be a bit of a PITA to key to your key but my locksmith said he would do it
I went the Mopar route as well. Had the local dealer key it to my vehicle fob key, so far no complaints, other than now it’s black and says diesel instead of the more recognizable green

Pinky Tuscadero

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Pink RHD Wrangler 2015 RHD Wrangler
Usually the issue with the gas is folks siphoning it
If you have someone pouring sand into your tank I'd suggest trying to be a nicer person so someone doesn't do that as even with a locking cap they will probably just brick your windshield or rake your paint
As far as the block heater goes.... don't know where you are but if it is Duluth MN then you'll definitely want that
Cheers 🍻
Sponsored