Sponsored

Locking Console

firemk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S (Punk'n)
It looks very similar to the Tuffy product that I bought which cost much more. If it is like the Tuffy, it is a pain to install but does allow you some security.

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
I have had three of the console vaults and they are nice but they cost almost five times what this one cost.
I can understand that, Me personally I won't use anything but the console vault

Sponsored

stino

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
I wonder how much safer this is than the stock one. I locked my keys in the console one time, and tried everything I could think of to get it open until I gave up. I feel comfortable leaving expensive items in there when my doors/top are off.

Reactor111

First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
Has any one tried the Hooke Road Inner Security Console Lock Box console? Amazon has them for $46.00.

https://www.amazon.com/Hooke-Road-Srcurity-Textured-Organizer/dp/B07N86F5RY
Just installed the Tuffy vault. The pictured one from amazon does look just like the Tuffy. A China knockoff of a China product! The Tuffy version was a little painful to install but overall does provide a secure area for some valuable items. Just be aware you loose about 2” below the console door. So if it barely fits now it may not fit in the console after you install the vault.

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
I am using the Hooke center console lockbox from amazon. Seems identical to the tuffy.

i also bought a combination cabinet lock from amazon to replace the key lock.

i love both. Gives me the best solution to lock some stuff in the jeep without breaking the bank.

Sponsored

OP
OP

rborgers

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT
I am using the Hooke center console lockbox from amazon. Seems identical to the tuffy.

i also bought a combination cabinet lock from amazon to replace the key lock.

i love both. Gives me the best solution to lock some stuff in the jeep without breaking the bank.

Is the metal on the Hooke very thick, and does it seem very sturdy?

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
Just found my order for the lock, this is what I purchased

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07N1G7WCY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

works perfectly. gave the second one to my friend with a JK who has the tuffy key version in his center console to swap out.

I did not measure the metal plates but it is extremely solid.

Also, when I installed it, I left the rubber mat at the bottom. this made it VERY tough to get the sides installed, but it also made the entire thing VERY secure and rattle free.

You have to put the Top piece in first, then put each side in through the center of the top.

I installed the sides with the bottom edges angled to the center of the box, until I installed the bolts that connect each side to the top. Then I lifted and pushed the bottom of each side until it was against the side of the console.

hope that helps.

patternman

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2014 & 2001 Indian

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07N1G7WCY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

works perfectly. gave the second one to my friend with a JK who has the tuffy key version in his center console to swap out.

Also, when I installed it, I left the rubber mat at the bottom. this made it VERY tough to get the sides installed, but it also made the entire thing VERY secure and rattle free.

You have to put the Top piece in first, then put each side in through the center of the top.

I installed the sides with the bottom edges angled to the center of the box, until I installed the bolts that connect each side to the top. Then I lifted and pushed the bottom of each side until it was against the side of the console.

hope that helps.
Thanks

OP
OP

rborgers

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT

hope that helps.

Just found the Hooke console on ebay and am going to give it a try. I ordered the combination lock you posted the link to.
Thanks

kidintraffic

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
Is there any way to route a usb cable out or around the box from the plug in the console?
Sponsored