Sponsored

Lockers... when I want them, not when Mopar says I can.

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
YUP, but not this way--you bypass the ECU/CANBUS ENTIRELY--

W.E.

JIMBO
I'm talking about the delay waiting for a wheel to slip and the electric cog to line up.
Sponsored

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
RETIRED
NO, THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH FCA/OEM systems, I'm talking about DIY locker BYPASS SYSTEM--

TOTALLY INDEPENDENT OF THE JEEPS ECU CONTROL-

JIMBO
So I'm confused Jimbo....

Are you saying the FCA harness WILL get rid of the lag with the factory electric lockers?

Thanks,
Sean

Badweissenbier

First Name
Bad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet JLUR
I'm talking about the delay waiting for a wheel to slip and the electric cog to line up.
That part will always be there as it’s a mechanical aspect of the lockers design. One reason a lot of people like air lockers, they are instantaneous.
Your just bypassing the jeeps computer control. So electricwise your instant on but mechanically one wheel still has to rotate a bit for the system to lock up.

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
RETIRED
Heh Heh, I had mine for 8 years--

My delay was the time it took me to actuate the switch, now if you have instrumentation to measure the amount of tire rotation "FREE/LOCKED"--then I acquess to your experience--I never noticed any delay in "front/rear" actuation-

That's the reason I bypassed the ECU-

W.E.

JIMBO

Badweissenbier

First Name
Bad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet JLUR
Yes I believe 1 axle has to rotate a 1/4 turn to lock the 2 together. Then if you go to reverse it’s 1/4 turn to unlock then 1/4 turn to relock in reverse.

Sponsored

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
RETIRED
Well, my info is useless, but in 8 years I never ONCE had to use reverse to unlock my RUBICONS LOCKED AXLES-

Over and OUT

JIMBO

Badweissenbier

First Name
Bad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet JLUR
Well, my info is useless, but in 8 years I never ONCE had to use reverse to unlock my RUBICONS LOCKED AXLES-

Over and OUT

JIMBO
I think you misunderstood that post. The lockers unlock and relock anytime you change direction. You don’t have to reverse to unlock.

Badweissenbier

First Name
Bad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet JLUR

Good video on elockers

Kezza

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Y62
I think you just can't ENGAGE them above 10mph. I would assume (make sure to check) they will stay locked above 10mph....if engaged before then.

Is there a cut off at a certain speed? No idea. Again, I would *guess* no, but I'm not sure.
joe@zauto can you clarify ? do they stay locked if vehicle speed goes over 10mph , that is better than the ecm deciding i am going to fast and unlocking em. i have Y62 Patrol ( Amarda) at the moment, and yeah it has a rar diff with LSD and an e locker, but they only allow in low range and it meant to lock in H4 below 7kph, but no one i know can lock it in factory mode in H4. so yeah we have a hack for it. basically like the mopar, just by pass the modules.

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
On the trail a few weeks ago, it seemed more like it was bound and needed a tire to actually slip to unlock the axle. It definitely was not a simple 1/4 turn of the axle shaft.
I’ve had similar experience with Toyota e lockers. I miss my arb’s. Those were wicked smooth and instantaneous.

Sponsored

sanman357

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-*|||||||*- 19' Mojito! Rubicon 6-speed, 09' Ram TRX4, 67 Chevelle 300 Deluxe
Yes I believe 1 axle has to rotate a 1/4 turn to lock the 2 together. Then if you go to reverse it’s 1/4 turn to unlock then 1/4 turn to relock in reverse.
That sounds more like the old mechanical autolocking hubs from my K5 Blazer I used to own. The e-locker is locked til power is removed. Going from forward to reverse it stays locked.

Edit: Disregard did not realize they use a ramp style flange in the Rubicon locker.

Last edited:

joe@zauto

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon unlimited
joe@zauto can you clarify ? do they stay locked if vehicle speed goes over 10mph , that is better than the ecm deciding i am going to fast and unlocking em. i have Y62 Patrol ( Amarda) at the moment, and yeah it has a rar diff with LSD and an e locker, but they only allow in low range and it meant to lock in H4 below 7kph, but no one i know can lock it in factory mode in H4. so yeah we have a hack for it. basically like the mopar, just by pass the modules.
You need to be below 10mph for the lockers to engage. Once engaged, they’ll stay engaged until you press the button to unlock them. Same way it works in 4lo...

And if you already have the Tazer JL or JL Mini then this will come as a free update, no need to buy that mopar Kit...

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
Still no word on if the dealers will be able to detect the Tazer once it is removed and returned to stock......

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
Still no word on if the dealers will be able to detect the Tazer once it is removed and returned to stock......
I've never taken the SGW module piece off of mine and it's been in for multiple updates at the dealer. Dealer has never noticed it and it's never caused any issues.

Kezza

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Y62
You need to be below 10mph for the lockers to engage. Once engaged, they’ll stay engaged until you press the button to unlock them. Same way it works in 4lo...

And if you already have the Tazer JL or JL Mini then this will come as a free update, no need to buy that mopar Kit...
that's awesome. now all i need is a Australian release date and mojito green Rubicon :P
Sponsored