Sponsored

Lockers... when I want them, not when Mopar says I can.

UrbanRogue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Where are you seeing this exactly? Your link doesn't take one to that particular set of features from what I can tell.
Thanks.
there is a features tab. its in there. was a feature for the TrailDash for the JK as well
Sponsored

joe@zauto

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon unlimited
I have tazer firmware that allows locker control in 2WD and 4Hi, as if a factory feature (uses stock switches and dash messages). I have some other features I’m building in as well, and will have a firmware release shortly after thanksgiving.

JL_John

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Does anyone know where the relays are for the lockers on new rubi, I wanna do a bypass switch for the lockers. A couple of occasions I wish I was locked up in 4 hi , I’m wondering if I could use auxiliary switch and not have to put in after market switches ? Anyone tried this yet? I’ve been informed they’ve been doing it for years on the jk’s.
Mopar sells the harness that allows you to wire the lockers directly the aux switches and bypass the electronics. Somewhat pricey at $90 each but allows for clean, easy install. I have mine wired this way.

joe@zauto

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon unlimited
Mopar sells the harness that allows you to wire the lockers directly the aux switches and bypass the electronics. Somewhat pricey at $90 each but allows for clean, easy install. I have mine wired this way.
Do they really? No checking for vehicle speed when jamming them on? I’m actually surprised at that!
I copied the way the factory locker logic works, only allowing them to engage below 10mph, disengage using the logic built into the DTCM (makes sure wheels are equal speed, no load, etc.)
This was also on recommendation by one of the contacts I have within Jeep. Engaging lockers at highway speeds, on a gentle turn with big tires... I was warned it could get nasty. So I listened!

Badweissenbier

First Name
Bad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet JLUR
I think the speed limit is a good idea. My f150 locks 2 or 4 hi and it’s a nice feature. Ford does limit locker engagement speed. I am smart enough to know when a locker is a bad idea but some people just aren’t.

Sponsored

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler 2.0T JLR 2-Door, 2020 GT500
I'll be. Can you post a part number? I'd like to take a look at that.

Badweissenbier

First Name
Bad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet JLUR
I think He’s saying not everyone knows enough about when it’s unsafe to use a locker or how much damage can be done by one used improperly.

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
Do they really? No checking for vehicle speed when jamming them on? I’m actually surprised at that!
I copied the way the factory locker logic works, only allowing them to engage below 10mph, disengage using the logic built into the DTCM (makes sure wheels are equal speed, no load, etc.)
This was also on recommendation by one of the contacts I have within Jeep. Engaging lockers at highway speeds, on a gentle turn with big tires... I was warned it could get nasty. So I listened!

What is the deal with dealers being able to see the tazer modules existence or prior existence during OBDii checks? If I grenade an axle or internal during regular use, the magnusson moss act won’t be too much help with the tazer altering when the lockers can be activated.

Sponsored

JL_John

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I'll be. Can you post a part number? I'd like to take a look at that.
Mopar part # is 77072413 (link below). Comments regarding safety are correct - wired directly to aux switch you only need power and ground to activate the lockers so common sense is required. But, the benefit is you only need power and ground to activate the locker so you can activate in 4h or activate front independently of rear if you choose. I was also surprised Mopar sold this as well.

Not much of an install to write up. Just plug the harness in and route it to the aux switch bank under the hood.

https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/jeep-rubicon-locker-wiring-harness-77072413/_/R-CNVX-77072413

JL_John

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Which amp switches did you use, the 15 or 40 ?
I used switches 3 and 4, which I think are the low amp circuits. Only picked those 2 because I had other accessories connected to 1 and 2 and wanted some logic in switch orientation (top switch is front, bottom is rear).

Kezza

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Y62
I think the speed limit is a good idea. My f150 locks 2 or 4 hi and it’s a nice feature. Ford does limit locker engagement speed. I am smart enough to know when a locker is a bad idea but some people just aren’t.
I drive on sand and will do over that speed easy and still require lockers if i choose to use them.. Is there an option to not link to the vehicle speed, i mean i if i choose to lock em in on the highway, then surely that is me attempting to win a darwin award.
If i can't use the lockers in the drive (2h,4h, 4l) and at the speed, why would i get a Rubicon, i could just get an E locker or Air locker , maybe that loom is the go instead, but stupid to waste 2 aux switches when ya got 2 locker ones just there.

JL_John

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Super helpful info. Thanks! :)

I wasn't planning on doing this, but to be able to lock the front end independently of the rear would be nice, especially if one upgrades to a twin stick set up later on for front dig.

Is there still the annoying lag between hitting the button and it actually unlocking or locking with this direct switch set up?
Changing the switch won’t change how electronic lockers work. You’ll always need some wheel rotation to engage/disengage the pin.

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
NOPE, if you wire a pair of switch's directly to the locker relays (front/rear), you can IMMEDIATELY ENGAGE THE LOCKER IN ANY GEAR POSITION--IE-(2HI/4HI/4LO/N)--

Supposedly the TAZER is coming out with that same option-

W.E.

JIMBO
Sponsored