Locker won’t disengage with Tazer JL

KPsrq

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Rubicon
So I installed a Tazer for my upcoming 35s and wanted to ensure my Jeep functions the same as stock and as the Tazer allows me to (2WD Sway unlock, 4Hi lockers, etc). Well I found out that my F/R and Rear Only lockers won’t disengage when in 4Hi or 4Lo and when I hit the Off button I get the “SERVICE AXLE SYSTEM” Warning after a while which renders the Jeep pretty much useless if you get stuck in this situation (even in 2WD).

So, I turned the Jeep off, removed the Tazer and hooked up the Jeep as stock and everything seems to be ok. Lockers Lock/Unlock in 4Lo no problem and no issues driving. Anyone else have this issue with the Tazer and their lockers?
Sponsored

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
So I installed a Tazer for my upcoming 35s and wanted to ensure my Jeep functions the same as stock and as the Tazer allows me to (2WD Sway unlock, 4Hi lockers, etc). Well I found out that my F/R and Rear Only lockers won’t disengage when in 4Hi or 4Lo and when I hit the Off button I get the “SERVICE AXLE SYSTEM” Warning after a while which renders the Jeep pretty much useless if you get stuck in this situation (even in 2WD).

So, I turned the Jeep off, removed the Tazer and hooked up the Jeep as stock and everything seems to be ok. Lockers Lock/Unlock in 4Lo no problem and no issues driving. Anyone else have this issue with the Tazer and their lockers?

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
no but ihaven't tried now I will

OP
OP
KPsrq

KPsrq

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Rubicon
I got a hold of Joe and he got me an updated firmware that resolved the issue. It was only an issue for manual transmission JLUR’s so if you have a Tazer and a manual Rubicon I would contact them

ABar112

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 2016 Hyundai Veloster Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I got a hold of Joe and he got me an updated firmware that resolved the issue. It was only an issue for manual transmission JLUR’s so if you have a Tazer and a manual Rubicon I would contact them
What firmware version? I'm in the same boat as OP, and a 6sp as well. But I do have the latest firmware they have on the page for the tazer.

Sponsored

The Custom Jeep Builder

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2021 392 Rubicon
Occupation
Jeep Customizer
Im having issues with my auto JT engaging rear locker on its own.
It will not unlock with the push button. Simply says its unlocking and continually blinks on cluster.
I was on 11.1.4. Have since updated to 11.1.7 with no change.

EcoDRubi

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Eco on order.
I’m having the same unlock issue. With a JLURD rear locker will not unlock.

the.jl.adventure

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Executive Chef
Same issue here.

2019 JL Rubicon, using taser jl. When engaging lockers in 2hi or 4 hi, they will not disengage. The light blinks and will state on the dash that it is attempting to, but never actually does.

Any known fixes for this yet?

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Same issue here.

2019 JL Rubicon, using taser jl. When engaging lockers in 2hi or 4 hi, they will not disengage. The light blinks and will state on the dash that it is attempting to, but never actually does.

Any known fixes for this yet?
I haven’t had the issue because I’ve been hesitant to use live functions. Are you using most current firmware? Do you also have a manual?

the.jl.adventure

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Executive Chef
I haven’t had the issue because I’ve been hesitant to use live functions. Are you using most current firmware? Do you also have a manual?

Most current firmware yes, and it is an auto Jeep.

I had to turn off the vehicle, unplug the tazer and reattach into the stock plug, turn the jeep on, then the issue resolved.

Sponsored

EcoDRubi

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Eco on order.
Updated my Tazer back in March to 11.1.8 or whatever it was and no issues since then. Everything on the diesel works 100% except winch mode and the quick use learning buttons deal whatever that’s called.

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Most current firmware yes, and it is an auto Jeep.

I had to turn off the vehicle, unplug the tazer and reattach into the stock plug, turn the jeep on, then the issue resolved.
Weird. This is why I’ve been nervous to use any live functions. Maybe try an older firmware version?

Dmk679

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 4Dr
Hi - I am having this same issue with the latest TazerJL Firmware (11.2.1). Is anyone else on this old thread still having issues (lockers will not disengage with TazerJL connected)?
Thanks!

Dmk679

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 4Dr
Hi - I am having this same issue with the latest TazerJL Firmware (11.2.1). Is anyone else on this old thread still having issues (lockers will not disengage with TazerJL connected)?
Thanks!
Okay, the Tazer folks gave me this advice and it worked for me. Figured I'd post in case anyone else runs into the same issue:

I'd recommend Unmarrying and starting from the top with your settings, making extra sure to do a Full Reboot and two sleep cycles after changing settings as described on page 5: https://www.zautomotive.com/zpu/instructions/TazerJLMiniUserGuide1121.pdf

trainsafe

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0
I suddenly had this issue affect me today. Never had it before, and it has been a while since I've made any changes to my Tazer.

Was going down the highway pulling a trailer and the rear locker engaged and wouldn't unlock for a long time (was flashing disengage for 5 miles). It then unlocked and immediately relocked. Did this a few times.

I got to a gas station off the highway and changed the setting in my Tazer to 'none' on the lockers. Then two full reboots and a sleep cycle and it cleared everything.
Sponsored