Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone experienced lock in steering during the first couple of minutes of turning on the ignition? This already the second time it attempts to lock on me when hitting a curve and has happened during the first 30 min or less of turning the Jeep in the morning.
Sponsored

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone experienced lock in steering during the first couple of minutes of turning on the ignition? This already the second time it attempts to lock on me when hitting a curve and has happened during the first 30 min or less of turning the Jeep in the morning.
Yes, get it to a dealer quickly. It seems to be a software update (oddly). Only happened in very cold weather for me, but the update seemed to fix it.

OP
OP
jlroman2

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, get it to a dealer quickly. It seems to be a software update (oddly). Only happened in very cold weather for me, but the update seemed to fix it.
Do you happen to have the specific TSB?

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hello jroman,
We are sorry to hear about your recent troubles. Weā€™d be happy to learn additional details of your situation to determine how to best assist at this point. Please follow up with us via private message at your earliest convenience.
Laura
JeepCares

jeremy89

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2018
I currently have the steering locking up and the software update didnā€™t fix the issue.