Sponsored

AStach09

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
Just out of curiosity, I wanted to start a thread regarding vehicle taxes, dealer fees, and down payments. Since we know what invoice is on most of this stuff now....where are the best deals! (and no this isnt about Koons deal vs another vs another, strictly state for state in regards to taxes and what not)...and which state sucks the most :whatsgoingon::like:

Here in Virginia, Hampton Roads area (City of Hampton which is where I ordered).

Dealer fees: average between $399-$499
Down payment required varied from: $100 fully refundable to $2000 non refundable
Taxes: (vary by city if you count local taxes) but the average between city + state taxes is 6%
State of Virginia: yearly personal property taxes on vehicles, you get a 53% credit and its based on vehicle assessed value. So I am expecting my first year tax bill to hit for probably $1100 on my $46k Rubicon and each year it will slowly drop based on the assessed value of the Jeep (which as we know, Jeeps maintain value pretty well).

Which state has the best taxes and which states do not require a yearly personal property! :swear::swear::swear::swear: common wealth of VA my a$$
Where I am in Wisconsin, I had a $2,000 deposit (dealer wanted 10%). 5.5% tax, and charged $69 dock fee. (Reduced from $329 since it would only be there for a few days max). No annual tax on the vehicle.
Sponsored

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
In Virginia we do, you pay yearly registration (or you can do 2 year registrations) but regardless of that we pay a yearly personal property tax rate of $4.33 per $100 of assessed value of the vehicle for that year. They are so incredibly generous enough to help us and give us a 53% automobile relief credit each year though....yea F Virginia and their ridiculous commonwealth, liberal :swear::swear:.....anyways....so yea a $50k Jeep costs you roughly $1,017 the first year.... $1k the second year, a little under that for year 3...$900 year 4...all guesses but its fairly accurate.
$3000 over three years, damn! For my Wrangler I'll have to purchase a new plate (about $220 if I remember correctly), registration is under $50/year, and sales tax is 6%.