Sponsored

Local Wrangler Inventory: 0

Timmyjoe

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport-S "Islander" (2-Door)
I live in Illinois just north of Chicago, and I drive thru my local dealer's lot about once a month, just to see what Jeeps they've got in stock, usually about 15 to 20 Wranglers. Back in March, they had over 30 Wranglers on the lot and I remember thinking, "Wow, with this shutdown nobody is going to be buying cars, and they're gonna be stuck with all this inventory."

Just drove thru the lot yesterday, and not a single Wrangler, anywhere. They had a couple of Gladiators, but absolutely zippo on JL and JLU's.

Anyone else seeing this at their local dealerships?

Best,
-Tim
Sponsored

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

two of my local dealers have lowered their "inventory" but the lot is still full

nostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Sport S PDN, '18 R1200GS Rallye
Occupation
chief bottle washer
The dealers around here, 2-doors are in short supply. Plenty of JLUs to be had though certainly less than a few months ago when I was shopping.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Couple of my friends are dealers in illinois and both said they were crazy busy through this whole thing. Now their problem is of course inventory.

MoparMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler/Gladiator coming soon
My local dealer has 41, last week they had 30. They're ordering them like no tomorrow. (41 means in transit and on lot). But hey, they have an awesome selection.

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Mine ran out a month ago and brought a few in from a sister dealership in another city.

ChadT

First Name
CHAD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUR, 2017 JKR Lots of mods
Shopped 2 dealers specifically. The first one only had a few gladiators and a couple sport and Sahara trims. It was a smaller dealer and they had mostly trucks it and econoboxes it seemed and doesn't have a great rep locally.

The 2nd dealer we went to after speaking to them on the phone was also smaller but had quite the inventory of Wranglers and many of them higher trimmed models , many Gladiators and lots of Rams as well.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Almost all 2 doors are sold out here in San Antonio and Austin. Some higher priced 4 doors left and a fair amount of JTs. When I bought my 2 door, the dealer had 18 left. 3 weeks later they were all gone.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
One of my local dealers is down to a base sport in yellow and a red overland/sport gladiator with minimal options. Plenty of pickups and challengers taking up the freed up space, though.

EVMIII

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired, USAF
Sports, Willys and Sahara's on the local lots - no Rubicons. I bought mine a couple towns over from the dealer that sells more Jeeps than any other local dealership. They had 4 Rubicon's (black, silver, white, and the Sarge green one I bought), a couple Sahara's and several Gladiators. They said they have the highest allocations on the coast and they are having trouble getting them. I traded in a 2018 Jeep JLU Sport and they were very excited to get it, already sold it.

Sponsored

nostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Sport S PDN, '18 R1200GS Rallye
Occupation
chief bottle washer
Almost all 2 doors are sold out here in San Antonio and Austin. Some higher priced 4 doors left and a fair amount of JTs. When I bought my 2 door, the dealer had 18 left. 3 weeks later they were all gone.
When I got mine on Memorial Day weekend, the sales manager said they were worried about inventory. I figured it was the usual sales BS as I had the pick of about 20 Sport S 2-doors (and a number of other dealers had a bunch of 2-doors). They had zero a couple of weeks later, and currently have two 2-doors available.

Not sure about other areas but seems that Unlimiteds are fairly easy to find, 2-doors much less so.

Nicky Pass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon 2.0T
Wick storm has a bunch. I bought mine at Elgin Jeep. I’m live by Arlington Jeep, they didn’t have much.

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
I wonder if with the vacation travel being so limited, people are buying Wranglers instead. I have been watching wrangler listings on craigslist, listings are down and prices are up.

mraplx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' JL "in-transit" Ram 3500
Inventory in the PHX area is so low that I had to search for units with the specs we wanted that were marked as in transit on Jeep's website. Once I found the right one I secured the Jeep we wanted before it ever hit the lot. Most of the Rubicons in the area hit the lot and are sold within just a few hours to a few days at most. The dealers do have some Sports, Willys & Saharas on the lots, but if you want a Rubicon, good luck.

xaugievike

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Clubs

I bought mine just under a month ago (not far from you) and had a heck of a time finding one configured as I wanted. If I wanted a silver Sahara (not knocking them) I could go anywhere. But anything beyond that was tough. Ended up going an hour north (St. Charles) to find the one I eventually purchased.
Sponsored