Local Sacramento wheelin'

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
https://www.google.com/maps/place/D...0e342ca74ab46!8m2!3d38.5188019!4d-121.1016351

My lil secret spot(no longer). Little dirt access road I like to go to when I need a little escape or MUD!!! Has water crossing, mud, and flexy crawls. Nice little getaway that is only 20 mins away from me. Your welcome. Photo related.

*Also there is another historic road off of that road that has a sweet ass single bridge crossing. Please be respectful to the people living near bridge crossing, It feels like a private road but it is not.*

IMG_20200209_110338.jpg
How long would you say this dirt trail is? Both time and distance wise?
Sponsored

Focker

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ducati.ms
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
General Manager
Vehicle Showcase
How long would you say this dirt trail is? Both time and distance wise?
From the start of the road (also called Latrobe Rd.) to the "main" Latrobe Road. via S. Shingle Road is 7.9 miles. For our route we did that and circled around to Michigan Bar Road and then back to the the starting point.
Another route to check out that is close is Vaira Ranch Road to Tonzi Road.

Screen Shot 2020-04-15 at 9.58.56 PM.png

Focker

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ducati.ms
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
General Manager
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Nerdsmith

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Bright White JLU Sport
Went for a drive at lunch. All was good until I found a mud hole deeper than I expected and spun muddy water all through the interior :CWL:.
lol I told you guys there was some deep mud holes there. Looks like you had fun. Love a dirty white jeep

EDH_JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for the heads up on this fun little road—it was perfect for a quick outing to have some fun in my Jeep.

We saw @Focker and his wife out there and it was fun to meet them!

A few pics:
F14F1CCA-2FD2-4971-BAB0-0A7435BDF038-X3.jpg
Hopefully you didn't find the same mud puddle as I did with those tube doors on. I just finished cleaning out the interior last night and still couldn't get all the mud spots off the seat :LOL:

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Hopefully you didn't find the same mud puddle as I did with those tube doors on. I just finished cleaning out the interior last night and still couldn't get all the mud spots off the seat :LOL:
I didn't get mud inside because I resisted the urge to go bombing through the puddles. I can be an absolute child when it comes to puddles and love to make a big splash :CWL:.

We got TONS of dust, tho! I think I'm going to have to do some more cleaning on the inside.

EDH_JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't get mud inside because I resisted the urge to go bombing through the puddles. I can be an absolute child when it comes to puddles and love to make a big splash :CWL:.

We got TONS of dust, tho! I think I'm going to have to do some more cleaning on the inside.
yes, dust everywhere but part of the deal. I use a large wet towel and wipe everything down (top to bottom) as a first pass, then go back with a microfiber and Meguiar's Quick Interior Detail spray and it works pretty well. Same process on summer pine pollen when in the mountains, that yellow stuff gets everywhere.

Sponsored

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
use a steam cleaner. They work wonders on stains and hard to reach places like door jambs.

mikem20

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Looks like a good time out there. I think I’ll try it out this weekend.

Focker

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ducati.ms
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
General Manager
Vehicle Showcase
@RagTopDeluxe did the Ranger stop and talk to you while you were out on Saturday? He stopped us and made sure all of our bikes were street legal with mirrors and current registration? He was very nice but certainly checking.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
@RagTopDeluxe did the Ranger stop and talk to you while you were out on Saturday? He stopped us and made sure all of our bikes were street legal with mirrors and current registration? He was very nice but certainly checking.
He didn’t stop us, but we waved when we went by to acknowledge him. I still have my temp registration in the front window so maybe he saw that? Or maybe the bikes were something he was targeting? At first I thought he was going to tell us the road was closed.

I’m glad we went out—it was a fun afternoon that we needed. I’m finding more dirt on my Jeep :CWL:.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Looks like a good time out there. I think I’ll try it out this weekend.
It was a fun little road in a very pretty area. The little obstacles on the side of the road were fun for a newbie like me.
Sponsored