Local Dealers Don't Want to Play South Texas

ВџУМεΆј℮℮℗

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMC GREMLIN, GMC SIERRA, 21 WILLYS
Due to the return of the 1/2 doors, the Jeep bug bit me hard. I have been researching a bit and it seams no dealership around me wants to even play. I'm trying to order a very well equipped WIlly's, and I cant even get dealers to counter offer my Price which is March JL order Guide Price + 6.25%(Texas sales tax)+ $500 MISC fee's I cant even get them to send me a counter offer. I'm still waiting about a week for follow up calls. I have called to follow up myself already but apparently the guy who BUILDS and prices Is in high demand at all four dealerships) Should I change my game up? act like I'm going to buy one on the let spend about an hour up with the finance guy being indecisive and change my tune and say I don't want your but Ill take this one if you order it? I can play that game too. I don't have a trade and I don't need financing unless they can beat mine. Its a bit frustrating ... But maybe that their plan. But I have asked well " show me your price" and all I hear is crickets....

Bob in South Texas

PS I love this websites auto draft save It just saved me 10 minutes...
Sponsored

The Pointer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One
Due to the return of the 1/2 doors, the Jeep bug bit me hard. I have been researching a bit and it seams no dealership around me wants to even play. I'm trying to order a very well equipped WIlly's, and I cant even get dealers to counter offer my Price which is March JL order Guide Price + 6.25%(Texas sales tax)+ $500 MISC fee's I cant even get them to send me a counter offer. I'm still waiting about a week for follow up calls. I have called to follow up myself already but apparently the guy who BUILDS and prices Is in high demand at all four dealerships) Should I change my game up? act like I'm going to buy one on the let spend about an hour up with the finance guy being indecisive and change my tune and say I don't want your but Ill take this one if you order it? I can play that game too. I don't have a trade and I don't need financing unless they can beat mine. Its a bit frustrating ... But maybe that their plan. But I have asked well " show me your price" and all I hear is crickets....

Bob in South Texas

PS I love this websites auto draft save It just saved me 10 minutes...

The Pointer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One
It seems normal for the dealerships to act this way in Texas, not sure why they are lazy about working a quote, but I got the same thing in central Texas. Dealers quote sticker or ignored me too.

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
Hi, maybe reach out to some dealerships a little further up like Houston/Austin area. I got some good offers from some dealerships there. Look up the dealership with discounts topic here and they list the recommended dealerships and some include some in Texas. I used that. Got 6-7% off invoice from them. Dealt solely with their internet sales guy. The one dealership in Austin that I called to talk to flaked on me once he realized I wanted to order my Jeep not buy off the lot. I also wouldn’t lay all out cards out on the table at first — like if paying cash, or not planning on financing through them, trade in or none, just see what their OTD offers are. It may be a bit different now for % off with all the mayhem that’s gone on and availability. Just my 2 cents.

OP
OP
ВџУМεΆј℮℮℗

ВџУМεΆј℮℮℗

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMC GREMLIN, GMC SIERRA, 21 WILLYS
Turns out after about two months problem is solved. And Its my closest Jeep dealer. I just bypassed the salesman and went to sales manager. Something else interesting is the online configurator is wrong and should be recoded. The Jeep thought I wanted already came standard with things Jeep says are optional... So A little bit of money was saved. Now its just the waiting game. I haven't heard if the the Toledo plant shut down, but I heard a few others are stopping production till the middle of April.

Thanks Everyone.
Sponsored