Sponsored

Local Dealer Lot equals 0 Wranglers but 24 Gladiators

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Seems Gladiators aren't in as much of demand? What about near you?
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Was similar when we were there to do our order a couple months back, couple Wranglers and a bunch of Gladiators, a lot of which seemed to be Mojave's.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn’t say Gladiator isn’t in high demand. It’s more like Wrangler is in higher demand.

Jeep sold 50,000 Gladiators in the first half of this year. That’s not bad for a truck with a high price point that’s only been on the market for two years.

But yeah, Gladiator is built in the old Toledo factory; the plant still has a lot more spare capacity than the Wrangler factory.

Last year for every 10 Wranglers Jeep sold 3.5 Gladiators. This year so far for every 10 Wranglers Jeep is selling 4.5 Gladiators. And Wrangler sales are up 25% over a year ago.

Sponsored

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Jeep has been selling a lot of Gladiators to rental fleets. My local Avis has been giving me Gladiators whenever I reserve even a compact car.

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Punk'D Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired
one 2-door wrangler and 2 gladiators - slim pickens for sure.

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
For several months now, the new JT inventory at my selling dealer has remained steady at 6-8 vehicles. They're mostly well-optioned (and thus expensive) Mojaves.

But for two JL Rubicons that came and went rather quickly, though, new Wranglers have been conspicuously absent. The few used JKUs and JLUs that show up usually don't linger too long on the lot, either.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
The weekend before last, I went out for a late night coffee and drove around spending some quality time with my Baby (it's OK, the wife doesn't see any of this... like she'd be surprised anyway). Local dealer had about a dozen each of Wranglers and Gladiators. No JL Rubicons, but a pretty equal mix of 4xe's, Sahara Altitudes, Sports, and a regular Sahara. Also, a JT Rubicon, a couple of Mojaves, and a bunch of Overlands (Sport equivalent?). I always find myself reaching out to the door handles on the stock Jeeps. I get a bit of a kick out of how low they are compared to what I've become used to.
Jeep Wrangler JL Local Dealer Lot equals 0 Wranglers but 24 Gladiators 20210122_180613

Timmyjoe

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport-S "Islander" (2-Door)
2 Wranglers, 6 Gladiators. Those Gladiators look like the same ones that have been there for a while. Originally two or three months ago there were like 12 of them. Now they're down to six, so I guess they are selling. Just not real fast. They go thru their Wrangler inventory pretty fast. They had four 2-Door Willys Wranglers about a month ago and they were all gone in a few days.

Best,
-Tim

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
Similar situation here; few Wranglers but a number of Gladiators on the lot.
Sponsored