Local 2018 Wrangler Inventory

Joeymon1

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
I've placed my order for a 2019 Sahara and am patiently waiting.
Did receive a $500 incentive valid on a 2018. Looked around and there sure are lots of 2018 Sahara JLU's on dealer lots. More than I have ever seen. All have more options than I want but NONE have the Active Safety Group option. I might be tempted to order one with a few more options but after owning an Outback with Eyesight for the past year, I've learned to like most of the features.and do want the Active Safety on my Wrangler.
Just been wondering why they might leaving this feature off this push of 2018's. Has there been problems with it?
Sponsored

Gromet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAM 1500
Active safety group was not available at all on 2018 models, it’s new for 2019 the the Wrangler JL lineup.
That's not true, Active Safety Group was an option for 2018...

Check out this Window Sticker right here:
https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=1C4HJXFG9JW256908

2018 MODEL YEAR
WRANGLER UNLIMITED RUBICON 4X4
Jeep® Active Safety Group $795
ParkSense® Rear Park–Assist System
Blind–Spot and Cross–Path Detection

-Gromet

OP
OP
Joeymon1

Joeymon1

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
That's not true, Active Safety Group was an option for 2018...

-Gromet
That's right. 2019 added an advanced safety group. Only part of that I like is the adaptive cruise. I will miss that but it comes with more that I don't care for.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
That's right. 2019 added an advanced safety group. Only part of that I like is the adaptive cruise. I will miss that but it comes with more that I don't care for.
My mistake, I meant the ADVANCED safety group group, not active. Sorry for the confusion.

Sponsored

cjaama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
after owning an Outback with Eyesight for the past year, I've learned to like most of the features.and do want the Active Safety on my Wrangler.
You mentioned wanting features you enjoyed Subaru Eyesight. Nothing Eyesight does is available in the Active Safety Group.
Eyesight = Forward Collision, Lane Departure, Adaptive Cruise
Active Safety Group = Blindspot monitoring, Rear cross path detection, park assist, LED taillights
Advanced Safety Group (2019's) = Forward collision and Adaptive Cruise

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like lane departure will be available at all on JL's at this time.

OP
OP
Joeymon1

Joeymon1

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
You mentioned wanting features you enjoyed Subaru Eyesight. Nothing Eyesight does is available in the Active Safety Group.
Eyesight = Forward Collision, Lane Departure, Adaptive Cruise
Active Safety Group = Blindspot monitoring, Rear cross path detection, park assist, LED taillights
Advanced Safety Group (2019's) = Forward collision and Adaptive Cruise

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like lane departure will be available at all on JL's at this time.
That's correct. I did think that the advanced safety included all the features of eyesight. Actually if I knew that it just included forward collision and adaptive cruise, I may have ordered it as those features are nice to have. - especially adaptive cruise. I do like the blind spot and cross path detection. Lane departure drives me nuts as the lights and tones go off if you get close to the paint lines.
Sponsored