Sponsored

Loaded Rubicon JL Engine Cuts Off at a Light or Stop Sign....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yo Sam

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Altitude
I ain't buying nothing that tells me when it is gonna stop or start or turn by it self....LOL!
Sponsored

JL2018

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi. Granite Crystal
Occupation
Realtor

White Butte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
then restarts when the gas is depressed. Is this normal? I've had like 9 jeeps and this is the 5th Rubicon, never happened before. Any advice would be greatly appreciated on how to stop this
Sounds like your salesperson sucked at familiarizing you with the new features on the JL. :facepalm:

ambrose

First Name
Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
Feel sorry for the OP.. yeah, your salesperson did NOT do their job. It was like the 2nd thing my guy pointed out.

FWIW, I have been running the "hack" of disconnecting the secondary hood sensor for over a week now, and it's like having a normal car again. I recommend it. So easy to do, too. And change back if you want..

Sponsored

PatrickKiser

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Butt Scratcher
I seriously was just gonna post about this right now ....happened to me last night , I thought I was driving a hybrid where the engine fires up when u accelerate.
This feature is actually nice. I also have it in my 2018 Escape. This saves you gas when you are sitting at all the zillion stop lights we have to deal with. After you get used to the engine stopping and starting, it is kind of cool. I did research on this and the battery and the starter on the vehicle are upgraded to handle any additional stress so you do not have to be concerned with that.
Like others said, you can disable it by a simple push of the button, although I'm not sure why you would, at least on the highway.

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Tiguan SE
This feature is actually nice. I also have it in my 2018 Escape. This saves you gas when you are sitting at all the zillion stop lights we have to deal with. After you get used to the engine stopping and starting, it is kind of cool. I did research on this and the battery and the starter on the vehicle are upgraded to handle any additional stress so you do not have to be concerned with that.
Like others said, you can disable it by a simple push of the button, although I'm not sure why you would, at least on the highway.
That’s hilarious! Obviously his self and did not do him any good....lol

Sponsored

KrispyKotex

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Rubicon Snazzberry
Occupation
USN Submariner (ret), IT Analyst/Network Engineer
Very funny thread. Hoping it is an April fools thing. I'm still getting accustomed to the ESS myself. Not sure if I like it yet, but do not want to go under the hood to disable or use the Taser fix either until I at least give it awhile. My main issue is when I pull in my driveway, before I can place it in park, the engine shuts off, then when I shift to park, it restarts. Then I have to turn the jeep off again to go inside the house. Just need to be a bit faster on the draw I guess. :facepalm:

Grimmjpr

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Very funny thread. Hoping it is an April fools thing. I'm still getting accustomed to the ESS myself. Not sure if I like it yet, but do not want to go under the hood to disable or use the Taser fix either until I at least give it awhile. My main issue is when I pull in my driveway, before I can place it in park, the engine shuts off, then when I shift to park, it restarts. Then I have to turn the jeep off again to go inside the house. Just need to be a bit faster on the draw I guess. :facepalm:
As you pull in the driveway pop off your seatbelt....

Geral Hasten

First Name
Geral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
then restarts when the gas is depressed. Is this normal? I've had like 9 jeeps and this is the 5th Rubicon, never happened before. Any advice would be greatly appreciated on how to stop this
Standard equipment 3.6 Rubicon 2018 and a button to turn it off, which must be reset each time you start it, just left of the radio volume control.
This must be Aprils FOOL again.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.