Sponsored

Loaded Rubicon JL Engine Cuts Off at a Light or Stop Sign....

Status
Not open for further replies.

RisingEagle

First Name
Armond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 4DR Ocean Blue Rubicon
For the OP - it's in the owners manual, page 326. Ya, I know, no one reads those things, and no one wants to research stuff they're spending $50k on. But, to help you out, here's an excerpt for you from the manual.

ess.PNG

if it's a troll-post, then well I reckon you could follow my post with the obligatory rick-roll youtubez...
Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
then restarts when the gas is depressed. Is this normal? I've had like 9 jeeps and this is the 5th Rubicon, never happened before. Any advice would be greatly appreciated on how to stop this
At least I'm not the only one on here who can't figure this out!! Thanks for posting this, I'm having even more problems though. So when I come to a stop light the engine cuts off just like yours so I push the start button to start it again but that seems to really shut the engine off. So then I have to put it in park and press the start button again to start it but then if it's a long light it shuts off again so I have to start the whole process over again. I had to sit through THREE red lights until I could time it right with all the starting and stopping!!!

PLEASE Jeep... why you do this to us... SSSSTTTTOOOPPP.

troll, troll, troll:bandit:

theplankeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
Guys, the OP does not care about the manual, but he does care about you replying to his troll thread!

Sponsored

FulThrotl

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
"Hello, Mr. Putin? Yes, it's mgroeger. The guy you are looking for, you know FulThrotl, he's online right now."
don't bother vlad, he has minions onshore here to deal with me. call up that attorney who represents, well, he represents a lot of people. he's out on bail right now.... he'll know what to do. he'll call me up, and offer me a $130,000 check drawn on nigerian bank, if i'll shut up.

the $130k will pay off the jeep, and some of the accessories needed for it.

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
Thread of the year for me is still the April Fools one.

"Is the JL underpriced?"
:cwl::cwl::cwl:

JL2018

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi. Granite Crystal
Occupation
Realtor
My guy says he can do it. I was waiting till mine got in to do it as I didn’t want to screw someone else’s Jeep up. I’ll let you know when I get it and confirm with how it’s done.
Was out of town a few weeks, , did you ever find out how to permanently disable the start stop?

Sponsored

subiescott77

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Don't understand how this would stop the engine cutting off (then restarting with a gas pedal push!), this is idiotic on a vehicle like this, and not safe...
How you managed to purchase the vehicle and not discover this feature is sort of stunning. Let alone it should have been discovered on a test drive. That and your salesman probably skipped the tutorial. Most modern vehicles have ESS (engine start stop). It engages on complete stops by killing the engine, then re-engages on release of the brake pedal. It is a legit fuel saving feature and by no means is dangerous or harsh on the engine. Furthermore ESS disengages outside of 2H/4H.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Yes because constantly turning your steering wheel is so much less effort than just pushing the disable button... This guy seems desperate for views.

Muzzle of Bees

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 TEP
More evidence of our ever growing ignorance. People should be required to read and know their owners manual before taking possession of their vehicle or you get to walk.
How in the hell can someone spend 50k + on a vehicle and not know this stuff?

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Guys, we are pretty sure this was an April Fools after the fact. If the OP is really that dense then we should hunt him down and take away his Jeep :)
BTW... kudos to him assuming this was April Fools... this is one long lasting thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.