Sponsored

Livernois Motorsports

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Moab/2021 392 Rubicon
Pulled the trigger on this today. I am a stock Rubicon except for a AFE dry filter. When I get it installed and some miles underneath my belt, I will post another review.

I already run 93 octane in the 3.6, so keeping with that. I will not go to e85, no place around here has it. The 93 has good enough gains.
great to hear, thanks!
Sponsored

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
so is your mapping only good for wide open throttle, or have you improved different throttle positions? I have a manual and have the same issue a lot of people have with the "hiccup" at light throttle, gear and speed dont really matter, although it seems its worst around 30-45?
my other question is, Is this a "canned" tune, or is their ability like with HP Tuners where you can data log with a laptop and then make changes?

Last edited:

VerservJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sportaharacon
As the original forum guinea pig, I can say that this tune is far better across the power band than at wot. Not that wot isnt good too. It really cleans up and improves the entire range.

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
As the original forum guinea pig, I can say that this tune is far better across the power band than at wot. Not that wot isnt good too. It really cleans up and improves the entire range.
awesome. thank you for that info. im not doing this right now, just doing some research and getting feedback. Are you able to data log while driving or is it just a plug the map in and go type thing ? My brother uses the Holley EFI stuff now, and used to use HP Tuners for tuning his cars. Thats why im asking how the system works.

VerservJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No clue if I can datalog. This one is a plug and play for me. No real interest in anything further. Hopefully Livernois can answer that one for me.

Sponsored

PsychoTrucker81

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Stupid question, since most of not all of us hammer on anything we tune lol, but during normal driving, has anyone with the tune seen any improvement in fuel economy?

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Stupid question, since most of not all of us hammer on anything we tune lol, but during normal driving, has anyone with the tune seen any improvement in fuel economy?
Yes..2 mpg maybe more. I did not do a long run on 93. I switched to E85 pretty quick so I did not get a good baseline.

VerservJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I use only 93 and I see a 2+ mpg increase but only during spring-fall. Once I get the winter mix my mileage goes back in the crapper.

IamWardicus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S (Sting Gray)
@Livernois Motorsports Been awhile since I've plugged in my MyCalibrator into the PC - it had what seemed to be a decent update. Was that update strictly for the tuner or did you guys also update tunes?

Sponsored

Tread4Lo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 w/ 3.0
It is time for my review it has been two weeks since everything loaded. Review is lengthy, but reviews mostly are. My Jeep is mostly a stock 4 door Rubicon. Stubby front with winch and a drop in AFE dry, only aftermarket to date.

Ordering – Send a PM to @Livernois Motorsports on here. Get an invoice number setup, therefore when you call it’s all ready to go and you can reference this number. This will make your ordering/purchasing/money giving easier.

I went for the unlocked stock PCM and not a secondary unit. Firstly, because I am cheap. Secondly, the dealership is going to deny all claims anyways. I couldn’t get the local dealership to do the steering TSB with the TSB in hand AND @JeepCares getting involved.

Install – There is quite a bit of back and forth with the install and unlocking. The tuner gets sent early, they have to do some magic to get it to read the Jeep, send this tune in, etc. It would be nice if this “magic” didn’t have to take place. Ended up emailing Andy and he got it to read.

The Bypass Cable gets sent with the Tuner. Pretty straight forward. Fish the small end from the drivers side through the center console to the passenger side. Plug the small end into the green CanBus switch behind the glovebox. The OBD into the driver side OBD port.

Tunes – I went with the Trans Tune and the 93 octane.

Trans Tune - is great. Around town, it helps keep the Jeep in a lower gear and more in the power band. Which is absolutely great. With the stock tune, it seemed the Jeep like to upshift way to quick around town (I’m talking max 35 mph). Most of the time Stock would get to 6th gear as quickly as possible. Therefore, anytime you needed to get on it the Jeep would hesitate to figure the downshift to get into some power. Now it more like 4th gear cruising through town, which is much better.

After first loading the Trans Tune, the transmission shifted abruptly. Livernois states to drive it easy and no WOT in the first 20-30 minutes. Luckily, it was Sunday when I loaded it so church, donuts, lunch with my family, all in town. After that, the transmission smoothed out and good to go.

93 Tune – much better than the stock tune that Jeep thinks we need. The power is definitely there, which is noticeable from in-town all the way through highway. In-town my mileage has gone up a few ticks, but my commute is the main deterrent to great mileage. 2 miles from home to work. In-between that is dropping my youngest at daycare and a few stop signs. All under 35-mph. I wasn’t expecting much on the in town.

Highway is there the tune truly shines. Having additional power lower in the RPM band, the Jeep now stays in 8th gear most of the time. I would say 90%, where prior it was a good 60%. The Jeep is not constantly on the 7th/8th gear up/downshift. This has in turn upped highway mileage. I am actually constantly getting the advertised 22 mpg’s.

Overall – It’s much better than the stock tune. I also got the 87 and 91 engine tune. It would be interesting to try the 87 and see if it takes the ping/rattle out of the engine. The price of gas is going up and gap between 87/93 seems to widen daily. Last tank of gas was $66, putting a little over 20 gallons into the Jeep.

I know people state don’t buy a Jeep for mileage. I believe at @Kurt0 stated, it’s more for mileage per TANK. I wanted to increase that for the road trips. After the tune, I will get over 400 miles on a tank, whereas before I was low 300’s.

You all have questions, let me know. I plan on an exhaust and possibly the Mopar CAI in the future. But in the mean time, I have house matters to do. It’s grass growing season and my lawn game needs the attention.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
I would try E85 if you have it around. Much cheaper compared to 93 and better power. If the price spread is over 20% you will save money. I have been running it non stop since October.

Five Seasons

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon, 2009 BMW 135i, 2002 Honda S2000,
Someone please get this man a MT ! For the good of all of us.
Sponsored