Sponsored

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JLUR
the serial number is used in part of decoding serial and canbus information on the gateway equipped vehicles. it's actively part of the PCM functions on these newer ones.
NO hablo Latin man, hillbilly english please.

Buzztail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 S 2d
Ok, I’ve read the entire thread, and once some progress is made on the rev hang I’m IN for the full Monty- spare ecu and all.
I know it’s a big ask to start from scratch to fix something you weren’t even aware was an issue with us third pedal guys, so I’m in no hurry. If I wasn’t in Florida I’d drop mine off and let you have at it.

Livernois Motorsports

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Moab/2021 392 Rubicon
we definitely want to offer a solution for this, just really need one for more than a day or two at a time to make meaningful progress.

Sponsored

eder214

First Name
Eder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Would this tune help a Rubicon running 38's on getting 8th gear back since it has additional HP and TQ?

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Would this tune help a Rubicon running 38's on getting 8th gear back since it has additional HP and TQ?
Maybe, if they modified the part throttle tuning. Peak numbers don't help when you're at part throttle. You should look at re-gearing first.

Gorilla57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
Maybe, if they modified the part throttle tuning. Peak numbers don't help when you're at part throttle. You should look at re-gearing first.
Yeah, re-gear AND do the tune. I did the re-gear a year ago and then added the tune just recently. It will hold 8th gear as well as a stock Rubicon now. I love the tune, really woke up the motor. I'm on heavy beadlock 37's with 4.88 gears.

Livernois Motorsports

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Moab/2021 392 Rubicon
Yeah, re-gear AND do the tune. I did the re-gear a year ago and then added the tune just recently. It will hold 8th gear as well as a stock Rubicon now. I love the tune, really woke up the motor. I'm on heavy beadlock 37's with 4.88 gears.
This get's my vote, absolutely!

Sponsored

eder214

First Name
Eder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
How did you like 4.88 gears before the tune? Did your MPG increase? I keep going back and forth between 4.88 and 5.13. I was leaning towards 5.13,. Maybe it be better to go 4.88 to bring it back close to stock and add the tune like you did.

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
it absolutely will. I used a different tuner, but the result is the same. The more efficient mapping of the ecu means the engine makes more power than before at every throttle angle.

regear it and tune it. Im running 37’s and 4.88’s with a tune to fantastic effect. I was routinely and easily getting over 20mpg and sometimes over 23mpg on 37’s and 4.10’s with my set up.

tuning makes as big a difference to drivability as gears do.

eder214

First Name
Eder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
it absolutely will. I used a different tuner, but the result is the same. The more efficient mapping of the ecu means the engine makes more power than before at every throttle angle.

regear it and tune it. Im running 37’s and 4.88’s with a tune to fantastic effect. I was routinely and easily getting over 20mpg and sometimes over 23mpg on 37’s and 4.10’s with my set up.

tuning makes as big a difference to drivability as gears do.
With 37's and 4.10 gear with a tune you are getting 20-23 MPG? Which tune are you running?

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
With 37's and 4.10 gear with a tune you are getting 20-23 MPG? Which tune are you running?
yes. Pulsar. Theres a thread on it.