PsychoTrucker81

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Yup,
Once you have tuned ECU, you do not need updates. Tune optimizes your engine operation, if tune is updated - you can get free tune update over email and load it on to your Jeep.
Let dealer load pointless updates on the stock ECU.
I’ve NEVER had a reflash that has done much of anything with performance except make it worse in the name of emissions/economy lol
Sponsored

Livernois Motorsports

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Moab/2021 392 Rubicon
Thanks for the clarification! One other question...I’m sure it has been asked before, but I have yet to see a definite answer. Is there a purpose to getting a spare ECM for warranty repairs, or will the BCM record and rat an owner out if the ECM is swapped?

we always recommend being open and honest with the dealer, especially as there are absolutely ways for FCA to know the ECM and BCM are no longer aligned with each other as there are mileage counters in both. If they deviate beyond a certain percentage, then they will throw a flag.

Five Seasons

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon, 2009 BMW 135i, 2002 Honda S2000,
Do you have any updates on the 6-Speed rev hang investigation ? This is the only thing that is holding me back at this point.

Sponsored

Tread4Lo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22'JLURD
@Livernois Motorsports Besides the tunes for the engine and transmission, what other functionality is there with your tuner? Are you all working on additional items to add in the future?

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Do you have any updates on the 6-Speed rev hang investigation ? This is the only thing that is holding me back at this point.
Let me add on to this request...

If any of us manual transmission guys ordered your current tune, and then you finish developing the rev-hang reduction, would there be a charge to get that added feature to our already modified ecm?

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited

If any of us manual transmission guys ordered your current tune, and then you finish developing the rev-hang reduction, would there be a charge to get that added feature to our already modified ecm?
Once you bought a tune, you get free lifetime updates. If they have other performance part you can buy from them (say ported TB, manifold) tunes would be free.
If you are not fully satisfied, you can datalog your car at WOT and they will review data to see if improvement can be made. Dataloging via their devise that you use to load tunes.

Livernois Motorsports

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No luck yet, we really need one here for longer than just a few days, and we keep losing access to the local customer with one, and he has it put away for winter now.

@Livernois Motorsports Besides the tunes for the engine and transmission, what other functionality is there with your tuner? Are you all working on additional items to add in the future?
Tire/Gear correction, some service functions, like throttle relearn, and other items, but we will be adding more over time to integrate some more body control features.

no, we never charge for updates, so it would be a free update when we have it.

Sweet I have a manual!!! Need to contact you guys
Sounds good!

Sponsored

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
If I were to buy your tune is there a way that I can send you the data so you can make adjustments to get rid of the rev hang?

Livernois Motorsports

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If I were to buy your tune is there a way that I can send you the data so you can make adjustments to get rid of the rev hang?

unfortunately, since we aren't sure what is commanding it to happen yet, logs and data won't help. It's pure trial and error. We do appreciate that though, but seat time here is the only way we can do it.

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JLUR
so to me, that seems like a potential issue with whatever bypass system they are using, it's probably freaking out the communications across the bus. have you tried removing that and seeing if codes persist?

It of course could also have a 100% legit issue, but medium speed canbus is not used for anything powertrain related (well, almost nothing at least), it's just for body control stuff usually.
Going back to our convo on page 20, I finally got a chance to put stock pcm in, and have no codes. All the pins on the replacement pcm was fine, no damage.
With the constant codes I was getting, is this pcm any good? It has the same serial number as the stock that came in the jeep as well if that matters.

Livernois Motorsports

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Going back to our convo on page 20, I finally got a chance to put stock pcm in, and have no codes. All the pins on the replacement pcm was fine, no damage.
With the constant codes I was getting, is this pcm any good? It has the same serial number as the stock that came in the jeep as well if that matters.
There could be an actual hardware issue, but I know having the same serial number in both ECM's is an issue in and of itself.