First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
@Livernois Motorsports what did you guys find in the ECU protocols regarding LTFT tables that would possibly point to Closed Loop STFT pulling back fueling from Open Loop tables over time?
Sponsored

Livernois Motorsports

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Moab/2021 392 Rubicon
there is lots of stuff that we can do, but the learned values carrying over if the calibration is close is usually 1-3% fuel difference on a single bank, or not even .01 lambda usually.

edit - to clarify, yes we can, but those learned values are usually needed, and if they're not, then there is usually something wrong in the calibration.

Last edited:

IamWardicus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S (Sting Gray)
Andy has been amazing throughout my tuning process. I'm just waiting to get my ECU back from them and I'll be a full member of the Livernois Club.
The transmission tune is going to be interesting. I love how my Gladiator is stock already - with the exception of how it handles 4th gear. Depending on my deceleration it'll jerk into hard and I'm not a fan of that.

So far my experience with Livernois has been excellent. On that alone I'll give them a full recommendation.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Just an FYI on the trans tune. At first the gears shift kind of hard and I was not sure if I was going to like it. After a little driving it has adjusted and runs through the gears great now! It seems like 8th gear is also more useable. It would always need to be just the right conditions and speed to hit 8th. Now it finds it much easier.

I still have not put a lot of miles on it as it's not my DD. But so far I am most impressed with the trans tune.

Livernois Motorsports

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Andy has been amazing throughout my tuning process. I'm just waiting to get my ECU back from them and I'll be a full member of the Livernois Club.
The transmission tune is going to be interesting. I love how my Gladiator is stock already - with the exception of how it handles 4th gear. Depending on my deceleration it'll jerk into hard and I'm not a fan of that.

So far my experience with Livernois has been excellent. On that alone I'll give them a full recommendation.
Thanks for the kind words, a little birdie told me it left today, so hopefully not too much longer and you'll be leaving tune feedback as well!

Just an FYI on the trans tune. At first the gears shift kind of hard and I was not sure if I was going to like it. After a little driving it has adjusted and runs through the gears great now! It seems like 8th gear is also more useable. It would always need to be just the right conditions and speed to hit 8th. Now it finds it much easier.

I still have not put a lot of miles on it as it's not my DD. But so far I am most impressed with the trans tune.

Yeah, they will learn your driving a little, so if you are very aggressive, it will be as well, but if you back off and drive it gently, it will tone down too. we tried to have it be in the "goldilocks" range just in case people want it more firm, or more timid.

Sponsored

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
@Livernois Motorsports

I noticed on cold starts the engine does not go into high idle. Now it has not been all that cold here lately and my Jeep sits in the garage but the OEM tune did it on every cold start (high idle). Will that change with temperature or is it affected by E85?

Livernois Motorsports

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Livernois Motorsports

I noticed on cold starts the engine does not go into high idle. Now it has not been all that cold here lately and my Jeep sits in the garage but the OEM tune did it on every cold start (high idle). Will that change with temperature or is it affected by E85?
E85 has a different start up logic than gasoline, so it will start differently, especially when cold. I for one, don't like the high flare up idle logic, but it's there for catalyst warm up purposes.

moto_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Mechatronics Engineer
@Livernois Motorsports

You guys make any progress on the rev hang issue? Between that and trying to get my steering fixed I'm ready to trade in this truck...

moto_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Mechatronics Engineer
Rev hang is a characteristic of every modern engine from the last couple decades, be patient and it will be worth it.

This is the first vehicle in 18 years of driving manuals that I've experienced this characteristic. Even my 2013 Wrangler was better. It should not take 3-4 seconds for the throttle to drop between shifts at higher rpms. Might be an excuse to get a 392...

Sponsored

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
I had rev hang in my Trans am and it was very annoying, but that was due to a faulty Throttle body.

From what I understand its largely due to modern electronic TBs and emissions purposes. A lot of companies out there advertise "eliminate rev hang" as part of their tunes. So getting rid of it is nothing new.

Livernois Motorsports

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
well, in the development world, failure to find a solution can still be success and progress, and on that front, we've made a lot, really having steady access to a truck is the big slow down though, we have daily access to an auto truck, but the manuals near us always need them back within a day or two, really only giving us a few revisions to try.

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
I called about this to order it the other day.

over $200 for them to open your ecu, another $5-600 to tune the engine and another $5-600 on top of that if you want the trans flashed too.

priced way too high. $7-800+ for an ecu tune is absurd. I cant believe people are actually paying it.

schwizzie

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I called about this to order it the other day.

over $200 for them to open your ecu, another $5-600 to tune the engine and another $5-600 on top of that if you want the trans flashed too.

priced way too high. $7-800+ for an ecu tune is absurd. I cant believe people are actually paying it.
Kurt0,

I paid $750 and that included UPS international shipping to my door. Agreed that $700 seems high, but having owned a DiabloSport inTune and a Superchips Flashpaqs on the three wranglers I have owned since 2014, I can tell you that this one is different.

1. Customer Service: I was really worried about sending in my ECU, and living without my Jeep while I waited on Livernois to crack the ECU and send me everything I needed (had to drive the wife’s X3... far to civilized). From before the purchase, to the waiting, to the tuning process, I have dealt with only a few companies as responsive as Livernois. Given the 7 hour time difference, Andy was working some ridiculously late hours responding to my emails. Compared to the customer service experience with diablosport and superchips (pretty sure they are exactly the same people) Livernois is far superior.

2. Not your typical canned tune: Livernois actually takes the time to give you a tune for your Jeep. They take into account aftermarket power adders like exhaust and CAIs and the exact octane fuel you have available in order to produce a tune for your Jeep. Additionally, I can actually feel the difference off idle, and when I occasionally have a childish moment and want to burn the tires a bit (yeah, I can do that now). Compared to the superchips and the diablosport, this is night and day.

3. The cons... A superchips Pulsar bolts on with no need to ship your ECU. The process with Livernois takes longer than most given the additional steps. It is expensive.

4. Down the road... Livernois also sells the power adder I want next: the Magnuson Supercharger. It will be an easier transition given I already have the Livernois tuner and cracked ECU.

5. The bottom line... my experience has shown you get what you pay for.

I hope this helps! Please let us know which company you decide to go with. Good luck!

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Ill grant that the livernois tune is done “right” and it seems like the majority of other ones on the market arent. Superchips/diablo seem to see a lot of problems. Same with pulsar, although supposedly the new motherboard has fix it. In any case, reflashing carries warranty concerns.

the v6 needs more power and imo is too high compression for 87. Not sure what im going to do with it yet. Super charging is expensive; and the prices charged for hemi conversions are absurd.

my need is more power down low. I rented a sahara this summer in co and averaged 24-25mpg. Mine is only getting 17-18, and it just doesnt have the power to turn the mud terrain tires even only 33” ones. Its constantly hunting down to 5, 6, and 7th gear. And taking a bunch of throttle to maintain speed on the highway, so mileage plummets.

the theory i have is the pcm update this last summer. I think they had to pull timing and add fuel to stop the pinging on 87. Just my guess though. People are reporting big drops in mpg after the reflash.
Sponsored