Sponsored

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Been kicking around getting this and asking Andy lots of questions. He has been great in answering them all.

Just an FYI for those looking to purchase the spare PCM. Say you have a dealer visit and put your stock PCM in, then the dealer performs an update. The only way to transfer those changes over to the modified PCM is to send it back to Livernois.

Not a deal breaker but it's something to consider as there is an added cost for that service. I know my dealer has done an update both times my Jeep has been in for service.
Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Been kicking around getting this and asking Andy lots of questions. He has been great in answering them all.

Just an FYI for those looking to purchase the spare PCM. Say you have a dealer visit and put your stock PCM in, then the dealer performs an update. The only way to transfer those changes over to the modified PCM is to send it back to Livernois.

Not a deal breaker but it's something to consider as there is an added cost for that service. I know my dealer has done an update both times my Jeep has been in for service.
Yes, but the rate of updates should slow down as they get all the bugs worked out. I think the latest was the new logic on how to handle the multiple batteries and a low/dead situation.

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
This Sounds compelling...

-throttle restriction removed to allow 1:1 throttle?

-ess ‘memory’?

-does this require a bunch of data logs be sent back and forth and re loaded after each run; and for each octane level?

Livernois Motorsports

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Moab/2021 392 Rubicon
This Sounds compelling...

-throttle restriction removed to allow 1:1 throttle?

-ess ‘memory’?

-does this require a bunch of data logs be sent back and forth and re loaded after each run; and for each octane level?
So I wouldn't call it 1:1 because we still employ the progressive throttle logic that most people are accustomed to today. but the responsiveness to pedal input feels far more natural now. but you don't have to endlessly increase throttle like you would have if it were cable driven as it shifted.

As for ESS Memory, no, it doesn't have that, but since almost everyone who cares about that is because they want it to default to off, we have that solved. so now you push the button to turn it back on.

No need for logging, it's already all sorted out in pretty much every situation you could think of. Only the rev hang item is something we still have to get sorted, but we are working on it for sure!

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
So I wouldn't call it 1:1 because we still employ the progressive throttle logic that most people are accustomed to today. but the responsiveness to pedal input feels far more natural now. but you don't have to endlessly increase throttle like you would have if it were cable driven as it shifted.

As for ESS Memory, no, it doesn't have that, but since almost everyone who cares about that is because they want it to default to off, we have that solved. so now you push the button to turn it back on.

No need for logging, it's already all sorted out in pretty much every situation you could think of. Only the rev hang item is something we still have to get sorted, but we are working on it for sure!
thanks for replying! Ill have to research the rev hang.

Sponsored

eder214

First Name
Eder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Trip Update
After 17hrs and 45minutes on the road on Sunday, 16h 5m of actual driving, I made the successful round-trip journey from Houston to Tulsa.

Few things of note:
  • My JL did absolutely fantastic on the trip without a single issue or hiccup along the way.
  • As mentioned on a previous post, I ran with the 91 octane tune as I knew there'd be no 93 available on my route once I was North of the red river.
  • 2 drivers, myself and a buddy (he had a much heavier foot).
  • Cruise Control was used for ~80% of the time at the posted Max speed limit, anywhere from 60-80mph.
  • Anything really over 70mph and you can wave goodbye decent fuel economy.
  • Stupid crazy winds came out of nowhere and were blowing us all over the road and we had to fight a very strong head and side-wind for at least an hour or two, impacting fuel economy.
  • MPG Averages at times using the cruise control varied and got quite a bit worse in Oklahoma on an 80mph Turnpike, especially with all the hills we had to climb.
    • 21mpg average after finishing the last tank of 93 and jumping to 91.
    • 23.5mg was achieved at 70/75mph after a long stint on the Indian Nation Turnpike when not using cruise control.
    • ~14/15mpg average, <9 at times, when letting cruise control keep us at 80mph when climbing large hills.
    • Finished the 1000.8mi journey with a total average of 18.4mpg.
      JL2347.jpg
I couldn't be happier with the outcome and how well this tune performed the entire time on the trip. Had my buddy and I kept it around 70mph the whole time and not used cruise control, we could have quite probably finished the whole trip >21mpg without a problem.

Now to go and wash this thing - it's absolutely smothered in bug guts!
Are you stock or do you have a lift and bigger tires?

Livernois Motorsports

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just to add another question to the mix.

Does your tune remove rev hang for us manual guys? If it does, hang on to your butt because everyone who owns a manual is going to want one whether it makes more power or not.

Second, if it does remove rev hang, does it still pass emissions tests or does it come with an off-highway use only statement?

Thanks
not yet, that's what we are working on next, but it's not as simple as we had hoped.

With that said, all of these tunes are yet to be 50-state legal status, but we cannot comment on if it would pass or not, but our goal is to have a 50-state legal tune that would address everyone's concerns on these.

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
not yet, that's what we are working on next, but it's not as simple as we had hoped.

With that said, all of these tunes are yet to be 50-state legal status, but we cannot comment on if it would pass or not, but our goal is to have a 50-state legal tune that would address everyone's concerns on these.
I much appreciate you all actually diving into this project even though us manual guys are a minority. I don't personally care about the tune being 50-state legal. Those who modify their vehicles and engines are an even tinier minority and all the modded rides in the county don't add up to the emissions of a single small herd of cattle. It's a big hoopla about nada

zakaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 4dr, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1986 Honda Nighthawk S
@Livernois Motorsports Just wondering if this has been tested / run on a 2021 PCM yet? I've been intrigued by this tune and have been following ever since it was released. I wouldn't think much has changed since 2020, but you never know.

And thank you for helping us manual guys out also. I notice what others describe as the "rev hang" condition most notably when I let off the gas and expect immediate engine braking, but instead the vehicle feels like it continues to roll for a second and then I get the engine brake. I could see this caused by the throttle being held open momentarily after lifting off the pedal to do its soft close to help burn excess fuel. Old throttle cable driven cars (at least on my RX7) had a dashpot on the throttle that would slow the return rate of the throttle plate. Not sure how much this can be adjusted out without having too much consequence. I mean too much excess fuel being dumped into the cat converter is not a good thing for its longevity.

Anyway, if you need a 2021 with manual to "test" on, I'd be game ;)
(unless it needs to be local)

Sponsored

Livernois Motorsports

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Livernois Motorsports Just wondering if this has been tested / run on a 2021 PCM yet? I've been intrigued by this tune and have been following ever since it was released. I wouldn't think much has changed since 2020, but you never know.

And thank you for helping us manual guys out also. I notice what others describe as the "rev hang" condition most notably when I let off the gas and expect immediate engine braking, but instead the vehicle feels like it continues to roll for a second and then I get the engine brake. I could see this caused by the throttle being held open momentarily after lifting off the pedal to do its soft close to help burn excess fuel. Old throttle cable driven cars (at least on my RX7) had a dashpot on the throttle that would slow the return rate of the throttle plate. Not sure how much this can be adjusted out without having too much consequence. I mean too much excess fuel being dumped into the cat converter is not a good thing for its longevity.

Anyway, if you need a 2021 with manual to "test" on, I'd be game ;)
(unless it needs to be local)
So the 2021, being exclusively etorque (except for manuals) makes it so that we can only support the manual trans 2021 3.6, there may be a point that we support etorque, but very few people inquire with us on them.

And yeah, development would need to be in person for this

BritishGuy

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue, 6sp. (SOLD)
Time for another update...

I just got back from a local tuning shop after having them do a few pulls of the JL with a tank of E85. This was the best run out of the 3. And yes, before anybody comments, this was a Mustang dyno so the numbers are going to be lower by about 13% compared to a Dynojet. Once I can get all the E85 out of my system, I do plan on going back at some point to do a 'stock' pull to see how it compares.

Anybody know what the drivetrain loss is on these bricks so I can figure out crank hp? I've seen some numbers as high as 30-40% loss on a JK (apparently RIPP claimed ~33%)...

Mustang vs. Dynojet
HP: 242 * 1.13 = 273.5whp
TQ: 220 * 1.13 = 248.6wtq

Jeep Wrangler JL Livernois Mycalibrator Tune Claims 50HP Gains (on E85) for V6 JL Wrangler 1603923472648

Last edited:

Livernois Motorsports

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Time for another update...

I just got back from a local tuning shop after having them do a few pulls of the JL with a tank of E85. This was the best run out of the 3. And yes, before anybody comments, this was a Mustang dyno so the numbers are going to be lower by about 13% compared to a Dynojet. Once I can get all the E85 out of my system, I do plan on going back at some point to do a 'stock' pull to see how it compares.

Anybody know what the drivetrain loss is on these bricks so I can figure out crank hp? I've seen some numbers as high as 30-40% loss on a JK (apparently RIPP claimed ~33%)...

Mustang vs. Dynojet
HP: 242 * 1.13 = 273.5whp
TQ: 220 * 1.13 = 248.6wtq

That's pretty good on a Mustang dyno, glad to see solid results!

And we saw that as well, especially on E85, the hotter it got (within reason) the better it liked it

we feel 25% is pretty realistic

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Got my tune loaded Saturday. The trans tune is the most noticeable by far right off the bat. It's a firm positive shift, similar to putting in a shift kit in an old muscle car. Will take some getting used to.

I have not driven it a lot yet so I can not comment too much. I have the 93 tune in now and will fill up with E85 next.

Livernois Motorsports

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got my tune loaded Saturday. The trans tune is the most noticeable by far right off the bat. It's a firm positive shift, similar to putting in a shift kit in an old muscle car. Will take some getting used to.

I have not driven it a lot yet so I can not comment too much. I have the 93 tune in now and will fill up with E85 next.

Definitely drive it so you can comment more :)
Sponsored