Sponsored

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Nothing yet as for a solution, but have a few things that don't correct it crossed off the list, so work continues!
Could it perhaps be "as simple" as adjusting the rate of ramp-up / ramp-down from the accelerator pedal? I previously bought a pedal commander because they promised it could not only open the throttle body faster, but also close it faster. Turns out THEY couldn't... but maybe YOU can ;)
Sponsored

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
Could it perhaps be "as simple" as adjusting the rate of ramp-up / ramp-down from the accelerator pedal? I previously bought a pedal commander because they promised it could not only open the throttle body faster, but also close it faster. Turns out THEY couldn't... but maybe YOU can ;)
They have to work on the tables to change/lower airflow addition. Its rather idle table or torque based table that controls it.

It's a matter of finding it in the OEM tune (trial and error). Posibly need different tune versions between auto and manual to differentiate between the two on how rpms behave between shifts.
Once they find table for idle and throtle controll, I am expecting to see some flame maps/tunes with corn (e85). :) for those with manual - dumping extra fuel during deceleration at 4k rpms to shoot flames.

Last edited:

BritishGuy

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue, 6sp. (SOLD)
...I am expecting to see some flame maps/tunes with corn (e85). :) for those with manual - dumping extra fuel during deceleration at 4k rpms to shoot flames.
I had a crackle tune on my old 2013 GTI and it would snap, crackle, and pop like crazy on decel. While it would be a good laugh on the Jeep, I'm not sure what damage it would/could do to the stock catalytic converters, though. It might be best to do the 'crackle' with high-flow cats in place.

Livernois Motorsports

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Moab/2021 392 Rubicon
I had a crackle tune on my old 2013 GTI and it would snap, crackle, and pop like crazy on decel. While it would be a good laugh on the Jeep, I'm not sure what damage it would/could do to the stock catalytic converters, though. It might be best to do the 'crackle' with high-flow cats in place.
it would definitely cook them since this engine has a "headifold" design and the cat is right at the port exit.

Sponsored

BritishGuy

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Nothing smells better than cooked cats in the morning" ....pop, pop, bang! ;)

Last edited:

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
Yes flames are going to kill cats. Now days kids like that stuf and those that run catless ask for that stuff. Normaly we do crackle/pops if people have cats (working with Alphaspeed group that tunes genesis, remote tuning)

I am sure no one wants to be that first Jeep that set Cali on fire.

Keeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sport Granite
After the Audi incidents, you would think manufacturers know better than to override acceleration or braking in any way that might propel the vehicle unintentionally. Looking forward to a fix for this annoyance.

BritishGuy

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update after drinking 1/2 a tank of E85.

So with no much driving going on recently due to all the WFH, I figured I'd give another quick update as I've gone through about 1/2 a tank of E85.

My butt dyno is telling me there's a definite power increase that I can feel going from 93 to E85. The Jeep is certainly much more lively and just wants to be revved through to the end of every gear. The difference from stock to this tune is just night-and-day, especially with how it feels at the upper RPM ranges.

I posted this picture another thread, but I've averaged about 11mpg so far. This is with a heavy foot (very heavy at times) and nothing but stop signs and stop lights around town, and no speeds over 40mph. I'm perfectly happy with this average fuel consumption as I easily saw 12's and 13's on the stock tune.

Couple of things of interest coming up...
  1. I'm trying to schedule some dyno time at a local shop next week to see what sort of power I'm putting down. As I've said before, this tune for me wasn't about the power increase, but the drivability, and this certainly knocked it out the park for me with that. However, it would be nice to know... ;)
  2. Coming up next weekend (11th), I've got to do a road trip from Houston, TX -> Tulsa, OK -> Houston, TX in 1 day. I'll keep track of my fuel consumption, probably on the 91 tune as 93 can be harder to find in some places, and let you know what it is when I get back after some 16+ hours on the road.

Jeep Wrangler JL Livernois Mycalibrator Tune Claims 50HP Gains (on E85) for V6 JL Wrangler 1601668866139

* the CEL is from the Jeep being in RUN, but the engine never started - there have been zero CEL lights from the tune.

IamWardicus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S (Sting Gray)
Well I’m planning the jump. I figure if I can gain an mpg or two on the highway plus have it be a little more spirited it’s worth it. I’m 90%Highway or at the least cruise control on my commutes. Going to get the spare PCM as I’m leasing for now and while I’ll end the warranty before it’s up I figure it’s worthwhile insurance for now. I’ll document my journey along the way both here and in the Gladiator forums.

Sponsored

Livernois Motorsports

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update after drinking 1/2 a tank of E85.

So with no much driving going on recently due to all the WFH, I figured I'd give another quick update as I've gone through about 1/2 a tank of E85.

My butt dyno is telling me there's a definite power increase that I can feel going from 93 to E85. The Jeep is certainly much more lively and just wants to be revved through to the end of every gear. The difference from stock to this tune is just night-and-day, especially with how it feels at the upper RPM ranges.

I posted this picture another thread, but I've averaged about 11mpg so far. This is with a heavy foot (very heavy at times) and nothing but stop signs and stop lights around town, and no speeds over 40mph. I'm perfectly happy with this average fuel consumption as I easily saw 12's and 13's on the stock tune.

Couple of things of interest coming up...
  1. I'm trying to schedule some dyno time at a local shop next week to see what sort of power I'm putting down. As I've said before, this tune for me wasn't about the power increase, but the drivability, and this certainly knocked it out the park for me with that. However, it would be nice to know... ;)
  2. Coming up next weekend (11th), I've got to do a road trip from Houston, TX -> Tulsa, OK -> Houston, TX in 1 day. I'll keep track of my fuel consumption, probably on the 91 tune as 93 can be harder to find in some places, and let you know what it is when I get back after some 16+ hours on the road.

Jeep Wrangler JL Livernois Mycalibrator Tune Claims 50HP Gains (on E85) for V6 JL Wrangler 1601668866139

* the CEL is from the Jeep being in RUN, but the engine never started - there have been zero CEL lights from the tune.
great to hear on the even further improvement in feel! That's exactly how we intend everything to go, and can't wait for an update after your road trip. I agree the 91 tune is the smart one to road trip on in case you can't find 93.

Well I’m planning the jump. I figure if I can gain an mpg or two on the highway plus have it be a little more spirited it’s worth it. I’m 90%Highway or at the least cruise control on my commutes. Going to get the spare PCM as I’m leasing for now and while I’ll end the warranty before it’s up I figure it’s worthwhile insurance for now. I’ll document my journey along the way both here and in the Gladiator forums.
Glad to hear, I am confident you will love taking the plunge!

ERP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla P85D, BMW M4 Convertible, Lotus Elise Track Car, 20' JLUR
Occupation
New Product & Automation Engineer
Word of advice: Don't leave a Tazer Mini plugged in while writing a new tune. It screws up the CAN Bus communications and locks up the ECU. Remove the Mini when writing and re-install after the new tune is loaded.

Livernois Motorsports

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Word of advice: Don't leave a Tazer Mini plugged in while writing a new tune. It screws up the CAN Bus communications and locks up the ECU. Remove the Mini when writing and re-install after the new tune is loaded.
you beat me to it! but yes, definitely need to remove anything aftermarket that is plugged in like this before programming.

BritishGuy

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trip Update
After 17hrs and 45minutes on the road on Sunday, 16h 5m of actual driving, I made the successful round-trip journey from Houston to Tulsa.

Few things of note:
  • My JL did absolutely fantastic on the trip without a single issue or hiccup along the way.
  • As mentioned on a previous post, I ran with the 91 octane tune as I knew there'd be no 93 available on my route once I was North of the red river.
  • 2 drivers, myself and a buddy (he had a much heavier foot).
  • Cruise Control was used for ~80% of the time at the posted Max speed limit, anywhere from 60-80mph.
  • Anything really over 70mph and you can wave goodbye decent fuel economy.
  • Stupid crazy winds came out of nowhere and were blowing us all over the road and we had to fight a very strong head and side-wind for at least an hour or two, impacting fuel economy.
  • MPG Averages at times using the cruise control varied and got quite a bit worse in Oklahoma on an 80mph Turnpike, especially with all the hills we had to climb.
    • 21mpg average after finishing the last tank of 93 and jumping to 91.
    • 23.5mg was achieved at 70/75mph after a long stint on the Indian Nation Turnpike when not using cruise control.
    • ~14/15mpg average, <9 at times, when letting cruise control keep us at 80mph when climbing large hills.
    • Finished the 1000.8mi journey with a total average of 18.4mpg.
      Jeep Wrangler JL Livernois Mycalibrator Tune Claims 50HP Gains (on E85) for V6 JL Wrangler JL2347
I couldn't be happier with the outcome and how well this tune performed the entire time on the trip. Had my buddy and I kept it around 70mph the whole time and not used cruise control, we could have quite probably finished the whole trip >21mpg without a problem.

Now to go and wash this thing - it's absolutely smothered in bug guts!

Livernois Motorsports

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trip Update
After 17hrs and 45minutes on the road on Sunday, 16h 5m of actual driving, I made the successful round-trip journey from Houston to Tulsa.

Few things of note:
  • My JL did absolutely fantastic on the trip without a single issue or hiccup along the way.
  • As mentioned on a previous post, I ran with the 91 octane tune as I knew there'd be no 93 available on my route once I was North of the red river.
  • 2 drivers, myself and a buddy (he had a much heavier foot).
  • Cruise Control was used for ~80% of the time at the posted Max speed limit, anywhere from 60-80mph.
  • Anything really over 70mph and you can wave goodbye decent fuel economy.
  • Stupid crazy winds came out of nowhere and were blowing us all over the road and we had to fight a very strong head and side-wind for at least an hour or two, impacting fuel economy.
  • MPG Averages at times using the cruise control varied and got quite a bit worse in Oklahoma on an 80mph Turnpike, especially with all the hills we had to climb.
    • 21mpg average after finishing the last tank of 93 and jumping to 91.
    • 23.5mg was achieved at 70/75mph after a long stint on the Indian Nation Turnpike when not using cruise control.
    • ~14/15mpg average, <9 at times, when letting cruise control keep us at 80mph when climbing large hills.
    • Finished the 1000.8mi journey with a total average of 18.4mpg.
I couldn't be happier with the outcome and how well this tune performed the entire time on the trip. Had my buddy and I kept it around 70mph the whole time and not used cruise control, we could have quite probably finished the whole trip >21mpg without a problem.

Now to go and wash this thing - it's absolutely smothered in bug guts!
Great to hear!
Sponsored