Sponsored

halfcabnut

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Hello All! I'm from the Gladiator side of the tracks however I come in Peace! lol. Thanks for allowing me into forum. I have been trying to obtain more info regarding tuning the 3.6 more so on the manual trans as that's what I have. Sounds as if the Livernois is providing nice results.
So it sounds like I can purchase a second ECU to receive the Tune and leave my original as stock for service visits if needed?
My main goals are most like others here, performance gains would be a welcome sight for sure but smoothing out some of the quirks is my main objective.
Britishguy said it best- Parking lot Kangarooing my goodness it's beyond annoying. Can be a bit comical at times. Looks like this tune is right at the heart of where the manual trans folks stay in rpm range. My biggest concern is warranty issues that may arise and it sounds as if 2 comp could remedy that issue.

Thanks for the info . I'm not seeing any of this information regarding Livernois on the Gladiator forum. Sound like it could be just what I'm looking for.

Dan
Sponsored

Combat Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green JL Willys
After almost a month with my tuner, I will say it takes a decent amount of miles to get acclimated. I have gone back to stock a couple of times for service and it take 100-200 miles for the tunes to get settled. It is noticeably smoother as time goes on.....also still great.
@VerservJL Do you have a different PCM you swap back for service? I was wondering if our vehicles have to relearn things swapping PCMs back & forth or if its instant when swapping. It would stink to have to put 100-200 miles on with the stock tune PCM before taking it to be serviced.

VerservJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sportaharacon
@VerservJL Do you have a different PCM you swap back for service? I was wondering if our vehicles have to relearn things swapping PCMs back & forth or if its instant when swapping. It would stink to have to put 100-200 miles on with the stock tune PCM before taking it to be serviced.
I purchased a pcm from Livernois along with the tuner so I can go back to stock at any time. I have swapped back to stock 3 or 4 times for service visits. The new pcm holds the performance 87/91/93/E85 tune always and the transmission tune resides in the transmission itself. When you choose go back to stock from the tuner it puts the stock trans tune in and then i swap the pcm to the stock one. The only relearning that would occur should be emissions sensor related, as swapping pcm's is similar to disconnecting the battery. I swap the pcm the night before service but I would do it a few days/2-300 miles beforehand if I need an inspection or engine/trans work. One note is the trans tune does take a little time/miles to relearn how you drive(or so it appears to me).

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
I think @Livernois Motorsports may be able to answer this better.

Livernois Motorsports

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Moab/2021 392 Rubicon
Hello All! I'm from the Gladiator side of the tracks however I come in Peace! lol. Thanks for allowing me into forum. I have been trying to obtain more info regarding tuning the 3.6 more so on the manual trans as that's what I have. Sounds as if the Livernois is providing nice results.
So it sounds like I can purchase a second ECU to receive the Tune and leave my original as stock for service visits if needed?
My main goals are most like others here, performance gains would be a welcome sight for sure but smoothing out some of the quirks is my main objective.
Britishguy said it best- Parking lot Kangarooing my goodness it's beyond annoying. Can be a bit comical at times. Looks like this tune is right at the heart of where the manual trans folks stay in rpm range. My biggest concern is warranty issues that may arise and it sounds as if 2 comp could remedy that issue.

Thanks for the info . I'm not seeing any of this information regarding Livernois on the Gladiator forum. Sound like it could be just what I'm looking for.

Dan
You could indeed purchase a second PCM, but we do recommend being honest about your modifications with your dealership. Most are pretty cool about it, and if they aren't, well, honestly they are probably the type of dealer to try to get out of covering stuff even if you didn't modify it.

We did spend a ton of time improving how it drives as much as how much power it makes.

While not required, it's not a bad habit to get into as well. its not that it relearns anything, but it does run some tests each time you do so, and completing them before any service is always best.

Sponsored

Brooklynjlu2018

First Name
Junior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler sahara
Do you guys sell ecu’s that are unlocked as id like to keep my stock one unmolested in case i sell or trade it in

Livernois Motorsports

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Moab/2021 392 Rubicon
Do you guys sell ecu’s that are unlocked as id like to keep my stock one unmolested in case i sell or trade it in
Yes we do, if you PM me your info, name, address, email, phone, I can put together an official estimate with the spare PCM and all.

zakaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 4dr, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1986 Honda Nighthawk S
I don't see any issues selling Jeep with unlocked ECU, just load stock tune back in and let it go.
This issue is because the dealer can tell when a PCM has been modified if they scan it (doesn't matter what tune is loaded after the modification). They can deny warranty work if they choose because of the alteration... probably not a surprise you want to leave the next owner with.

VerservJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sportaharacon
I don't see any issues selling Jeep with unlocked ECU, just load stock tune back in and let it go.
Probably a good question for Livernois. Once unlocked you may need to ask for the stock tune to be in your tuner. Mine has the stock transmission tune but only an 87/91/93 modified tune from what I remember. But that may be because I purchased the extra pcm.

Sponsored

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I'm patiently waiting also for the rev hang fix