Sponsored

csspar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Add another 6 speed guy very interested in removing rev hang! Honestly I don't need or want the extra power, I just want my Jeep to drive like it has a physical throttle cable. I'm really surprised there aren't more complaints about the MT. It's easily the worst MT I've driven in terms of engine behavior while shifting, including a handful of other throttle-by-wire cars I've driven.

The things I hate the most about the stock tune with the 6 speed are obviously the atrocious rev hang, the throttle staying open for a good second when I let my foot off the gas, and the lack of usable engine braking. I believe these are all related to how the tune controls the throttle plate when I let off the gas. If the throttle would just snap closed when I let off, I think I'd be much happier. The crappy throttle response also makes rev matching for downshifts a pain, but it sounds like you guys are already addressing throttle response. The issue is just amplified with the MT in my opinion.

I'd buy this product in a heartbeat if these issues could be addressed.

Side question: can I pass CA smog with this? Would I have to buy a new ECM so I can swap the stock one back in for the test?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Livernois Motorsports

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Moab/2021 392 Rubicon
Add another 6 speed guy very interested in removing rev hang! Honestly I don't need or want the extra power, I just want my Jeep to drive like it has a physical throttle cable. I'm really surprised there aren't more complaints about the MT. It's easily the worst MT I've driven in terms of engine behavior while shifting, including a handful of other throttle-by-wire cars I've driven.

The things I hate the most about the stock tune with the 6 speed are obviously the atrocious rev hang, the throttle staying open for a good second when I let my foot off the gas, and the lack of usable engine braking. I believe these are all related to how the tune controls the throttle plate when I let off the gas. If the throttle would just snap closed when I let off, I think I'd be much happier. The crappy throttle response also makes rev matching for downshifts a pain, but it sounds like you guys are already addressing throttle response. The issue is just amplified with the MT in my opinion.

I'd buy this product in a heartbeat if these issues could be addressed.

Side question: can I pass CA smog with this? Would I have to buy a new ECM so I can swap the stock one back in for the test?

Thanks!
Well we definitely want to look into this, the local one has gone radio silent, but I am sure there will be more. As for decel rate, there are some things we can do their, but we can't make it too aggressive or they like to pull in a bunch of oil.

As for being 50-state legal, not yet, but that is on our to-do list. but many of our offerings have an EO number. and we have this on the want list.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
As for decel rate, there are some things we can do their, but we can't make it too aggressive or they like to pull in a bunch of oil.
Can you expand on this? Where would the oil be pulled from?

Sponsored

csspar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
slightly, but it would make it accumulate pretty quickly. high vacuum decels can cause other issues as well, but this is the most noticeable.
Thanks for all the info! Its interesting to hear that there are more reasons than simply emissions for the throttle behavior. I know it will never behave just like a physically connected throttle, but any improvement in this area would be awesome, no matter how small.

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
In today's world it's very unheard off making such an improvement on a V6 (as most come well sorted out from factory).
I always wondered why somewhat high tech 3.6L engine making such a low power to the wheels. Compared to Ford NA 3.5L or Genesis 3.8.
Turns out FCA has garbage OEM tune on these.

Those who are considering to run e85, make shure to run few tanks of premium once in the while - to clean your injectors and fuel pump. E85 tends to clog up injectors after prolonged use.
Benefit of this tuner, you get tunes for multiple fuels. I have similar set up on my twin turbo 3.5(EcoBoost).

Sponsored

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
This is interesting, what gains were found with 93 on a stock jeep?

I know you said your programmer can not do everything a tazer can. But what parameters can be adjusted with the hand held unit?
Since you already will have bypass wires for a tuner, why not download OBD Jscan app on your phone that can do everything Tazor can with only $20 licence.
You can also unplug without loosing changes (tuner or obd jscan app).

Last edited:

Livernois Motorsports

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Moab/2021 392 Rubicon
Thanks for all the info! Its interesting to hear that there are more reasons than simply emissions for the throttle behavior. I know it will never behave just like a physically connected throttle, but any improvement in this area would be awesome, no matter how small.
Understood, and glad I could shed some light on it!

In today's world it's very unheard off making such an improvement on a V6 (as most come well sorted out from factory).
I always wondered why somewhat high tech 3.6L engine making such a low power to the wheels. Compared to Ford NA 3.5L or Genesis 3.8.
Turns out FCA has garbage OEM tune on these.

Those who are considering to run e85, make shure to run few tanks of premium once in the while - to clean your injectors and fuel pump. E85 tends to clog up injectors after prolonged use.
Benefit of this tuner, you get tunes for multiple fuels. I have similar set up on my twin turbo 3.5(EcoBoost).
It's interesting you say that, the 3.5 TiVCT NA engine from Ford gains pretty similar power from a tune, and is pretty similar in baseline as well.

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Well if you can include a rev hang eliminator with your tune ( mainly for up shifting) I will purchase your product immediately. let me know, Thanks

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
Do you guys offer bench flashing ECU if someone wants just one tune and have no reason to invest in handheld tuned to switch tunes?. My wife would be happy with just 87 tune.
Sponsored